Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hue Jackson fired-back to Bengals?
(10-29-2018, 01:42 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I may be in minority with this opinion Lazor is better offensive coordinator than hue. Lazor is best offensive coordinator Marvin has had.

You are 100% correct - you are in the minority
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 01:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He was an Assistant DB coach for a bit here before he took the RB spot..

Might fit right back into that spot Defense can use as many eyes as it can get.

That was my thought too, if he can help out this defense then by all means bring him in.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:06 PM)JumboTron Wrote: And his career record of 11-44-1 is testament to that.

Coaching the only two franchises that are more dysfunctional than the Bengals.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Marvin, "Mike I'd like to bring Hue back"

Mike replies, "Think we can get him on the cheap?"

Marvin "........."
Reply/Quote
Well the only positive is that if Hue is here then Marvin will probably be gone after next year when his contracts up. Hue is one of the only guys that MB would be comfortable with hiring as a HC.
Now is that a good thing? Probably not but it at least gives us some hope that the Lewis era might finally be coming to an end.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Haley got fired too LOL

This will be interesting, going forward; wish the firings happened the week before we played them...

Same old Brown's....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Mikey will want Hue back because the Browns will be paying his salary, so he gets free use of a coach that the despised team from his father's past pays for

Reply/Quote
I can see Hue getting canned, but Haley didn't even make it halfway in his first year as OC.

Browns claim this was all about the development of Mayfield. Umm ok, we'll see lol.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 01:22 PM)pally Wrote: Everytime Hue has been fired or unemployed before, Marvin has always provided a landing place.  Is there a scenario where we see him as a special assistant coach for the rest of the season?

I hope not.   Bengals new coaches have a whole different thing going from Hue.  Bengals are 5-3.  That is 2 more wins than Hue had in 3 years at  Cleveland. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Does that make Ken Zampese the Browns new offensive coordinator?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Love Hue. Especially as a coordinator/position coach/quality control coach.
Reply/Quote
His prowess as a position coach/coordinator is as undeniable as his ineptitude as a head coach.

He's familiar with our franchise, he's done good work here. As long as there's no more of that "succeeding Marvin" Talk I'm all for it.
Reply/Quote
When asked about Hue potentially returning to the Bengals Marvin said " I'm not going to make a headline"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don't suppose he can coordinate defense, can he?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 04:01 PM)pally Wrote: When asked about Hue potentially returning to the Bengals Marvin said " I'm not going to make a headline"

BREAKING NEWS: MARVIN LEWIS NON-COMMITTAL ON HUE'S POSSIBLE RETURNING TO BENGALS

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Does that make Ken Zampese the Browns new offensive coordinator?
Sadly no, they promoted their running backs coach Freddie Kitchen to the position.  He's never been a coordinator at any level so its a guessing game as to how he calls a game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Marvin is usually non-committal about commenting

Reply/Quote
Shit, fire Austin and let Hue run the defense. Seriously, how much worse can it get? The D is ***** horrible.
Reply/Quote
The real question for Mike Brown is, "Does he come really cheap?"
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Screw it.

Fire Austin and let hue take over the DC position. He really can't do any worse
Reply/Quote