Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hue unhappy Gordon started..
Here is an odd bit I just came across.

Apparently Hue was not happy that Josh Gordon started yesterday. At first I was like what? But Hue said that the 'personnel group' got him out there, and that is something they have to work through or something.

It really adds more as to why the Browns have been terrible for so long when stuff like this is happening that overrides the head coach.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/hue-jackson-not-happy-with-josh-gordon-starting-for-browns/ar-BBN70zk?li=BBnb4R7#image=BBMZczv|4

6:30 mark

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 03:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Here is an odd bit I just came across.

Apparently Hue was not happy that Josh Gordon started yesterday. At first I was like what? But Hue said that the 'personnel group' got him out there, and that is something they have to work through or something.

It really adds more as to why the Browns have been terrible for so long when stuff like this is happening that overrides the head coach.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/hue-jackson-not-happy-with-josh-gordon-starting-for-browns/ar-BBN70zk?li=BBnb4R7#image=BBMZczv|4

Well if it was the personnel grouping, then it was Todd Haleys call. And Todd Haley is a better HC, so it makes sense. 
Reply/Quote
The Browns are off to their best start at 0-0-1 since 2004. I just read today they have lost every 1st game of the season since then. They should be celebrating. Big Grin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Interesting ?

The Cleveland saga may be kinda fun to watch this season. When will they go to Mayfield ? How long will Hue last ? etc.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 03:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Here is an odd bit I just came across.

Yeah, why have your best offensive player out there.

This is the team that was too smart to draft Julio Jones, Carson Wentz, Desaun Watson, Saquon Barkley, Bradley Chubb, after all.

Oh and, Hue is a tool.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Yeah, I guess in Cleveland the "HC" isn't really in charge............
Reply/Quote
Gordon was just released by the Browns...
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 08:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Gordon was just released by the Browns...

Wow !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:26 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Wow !

I'm partially incorrect.

It seems he was notified he WILL be released.  On Monday.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:30 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'm partially incorrect.

It seems he was notified he WILL be released.  On Monday.

Yep, my guess is the team was notified he pissed dirty again....
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, my guess is the team was notified he pissed dirty again....

It seems his current injury keeping him out of tomorrows game came from some promotional shoot, so I think that was the final straw.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 10:25 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It seems his current injury keeping him out of tomorrows game came from some promotional shoot, so I think that was the final straw.

He showed up late to the facility on Saturday and he was "not himself"  He was fine Friday and then complained of the hammie on Saturday.  The team felt he relapsed or was about to so they pulled the plug

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/josh_gordon_4.html

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 10:54 PM)pally Wrote: He showed up late to the facility on Saturday and he was "not himself"  He was fine Friday and then complained of the hammie on Saturday.  The team felt he relapsed or was about to so they pulled the plug

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/josh_gordon_4.html

Lucid and sober?
Reply/Quote
Time to make a trade with Browns and renege at the very last moment.

But really if he gets waived Monday ? Someone is taking a chance since he only makes $800K a year.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 12:35 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Time to make a trade with Browns and renege at the very last moment.

But really if he gets waived Monday ? Someone is taking a chance since he only makes $800K a year.

IF he passes the pee test he is surely going to get within the next couple of days

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 12:35 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Time to make a trade with Browns and renege at the very last moment.

Make the trade with botched paperwork just to get even. 
I'm kind of surprised we don't have a few folks begging for us to sign him, but I think Marv would have a cow if he had to deal with him and his laundry list of problems. But then there's always Mikey the  redeemer.. I don't think even Mikey would go there.. It's not as if we hadn't had our share of head cases over the years..

Seems odd they would announce intentions to trade him before releasing him to free agency . Makes me wonder what team would invest whatever in a trade instead of just waiting for him to become a FA, but then who in the hell would want to get in a bidding war for him? I certainly wouldn't. He's got to be a marked man at this point . Who knows ...maybe Buffalo wants his problems to match all the rest of their problems. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
...I read reports the Bengals are one of five teams interested in him.
Would we want Josh Gordon?
Reply/Quote
NO ! :paul:
Reply/Quote
NO!!!

Gordon reminds me of the line from Bull Durham about Tim Robbins character...

“million dollar arm with a 5 cent head”

Reply/Quote
Not really. Hes very talented, but I don't want another trouble maker on the team. We like bringing in guys like that though.
Reply/Quote