Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hue unhappy Gordon started..
(09-16-2018, 10:20 AM)hollodero Wrote: ...I read reports the Bengals are one of five teams interested in him.
Would we want Josh Gordon?

Link?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's one of the best WR in football when healthy. He'd be at league minimum salary. He seems to be trying to turn his life around. What's the worst that could happen?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 11:03 AM)Sweetness Wrote: He's one of the best WR in football when healthy. He'd be at league minimum salary. He seems to be trying to turn his life around. What's the worst that could happen?

Showing up late to practice doesn’t sound like he’s trying to change to me. The Browns cut him because they have absolutely no trust in him at this point.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 11:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Showing up late to practice doesn’t sound like he’s trying to change to me. The Browns cut him because they have absolutely no trust in him at this point.

I thought it was because he got hurt?
Reply/Quote
Jerry Jones most likely has a private jet in idle at the Cleveland Airport
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 11:23 AM)Sweetness Wrote: I thought it was because he got hurt?

They couldn't cut him if he were hurt
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 11:23 AM)Sweetness Wrote: I thought it was because he got hurt?

The tweet from Rappaport mentioned being late to the facility, along with an injury.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2770942-josh-gordon-released-by-browns-after-6-plus-seasons-with-team

Reply/Quote
According to my son, who follows everything Browns as in depth as we do everything Bengals, the rumor is that the Browns staff also suspected Gordon of being under the influence when he reported late.

I have no way to confirm or deny my son's claim. He said he got the info from "one of the Brown's sources" that he follows. So, take that for what it's worth.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
My money is on a one year rental to the Pats or SF/Dallas with a big deal.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 11:45 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: According to my son, who follows everything Browns as in depth as we do everything Bengals, the rumor is that the Browns staff also suspected Gordon of being under the influence when he reported late.

I have no way to confirm or deny my son's claim.  He said he got the info from "one of the Brown's sources" that he follows.  So, take that for what it's worth.

It said as much in other thread I read last night on here. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I would take his talent in a heartbeat.

But he is beyond unreliable off the field to take a chance on during the season.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I would take a chance on him. One season at a discounted rate to see what he has. He has incredible talent and would add another solid receiver. I don't see where the downside would be.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 11:48 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It said as much in other thread I read last night on here. 

My son is usually correct when he says something about the Browns.  What's funny?  Is that when he was bragging about Gordon coming back to the team, I set the over/under on games he will play at 1.

As to the question of the OP? No, I wouldn't want him around here. We don't need him, or the negative baggage that he brings.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 10:55 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Link?

I read it in yahoo fantasy news, I have to admit.

It's not that serious a source...
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 11:03 AM)Sweetness Wrote: He's one of the best WR in football when healthy. He'd be at league minimum salary. He seems to be trying to turn his life around. What's the worst that could happen?

The worst that could happen?  Is that he could get on the team, do well, become relied upon.  Only to flake out and relapse, leaving all of his teammates hanging when they need him most.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 11:51 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I would take a chance on him. One season at a discounted rate to see what he has. He has incredible talent and would add another solid receiver. I don't see where the downside would be.

I don’t see how someone doesn’t see the downside? Guy has been a disaster off the field his entire career. We don’t need that around our young team.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 11:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t see how someone doesn’t see the downside? Guy has been a disaster off the field his entire career. We don’t need that around our young team.

If this guy goes and gets high, I don't see how that's going to tear the team down. If Gordon is out partying every night he's going to mess up and be gone. It's not like he's going to be taking all of the young players with him. This is a textbook case of low risk/high reward. If he comes in and hasn't learned anything, the team can cut him. If he comes in, works hard, and performs on the field, the team benefits.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 12:07 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: If this guy goes and gets high, I don't see how that's going to tear the team down. If Gordon is out partying every night he's going to mess up and be gone. It's not like he's going to be taking all of the young players with him. This is a textbook case of low risk/high reward. If he comes in and hasn't learned anything, the team can cut him. If he comes in, works hard, and performs on the field, the team benefits.

Really, because Tyler Boyd has already been popped once for marijuana. He needs to be hanging out with AJ Green, not Josh Gordon.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 12:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Really, because Tyler Boyd has already been popped once for marijuana. He needs to be hanging out with AJ Green, not Josh Gordon.

Exactly.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 12:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Really, because Tyler Boyd has already been popped once for marijuana. He needs to be hanging out with AJ Green, not Josh Gordon.

Maybe Ross should talk to them and get on that ganja diet. Might help him relax and perform better lol 
Reply/Quote