Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge News for MCU
I mean.....Y'UGE

It looks like the X-Men, Fantastic 4, and others will be joining the MCU.

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2017/12/xmen-fantastic-four-join-marvel-movie-universe-with-disney-fox-deal.html

While there are a lot of possibilities, the biggest boon here would be incorporating some of the best villains that Marvel has to offer. While Magneto is rather played out from the X-Men Movies (no idea if they will be canon in the MCU) it opens up space for Dr. Doom, Galactus, and maybe even a redo of Apocalypse (I feel like most would forget X-Men: Apocalypse rather readily.)

I've mentioned in other threads that superhero fatigue has been setting in, but this will help keep things rolling in the MCU post Infinity War.
Reply/Quote
Given how far the MCU has come, I can't see them suddenly adding mutants. The Xmen universe, though plagued with timeline issues, has established itself as one where the idea of powered humans is met very differently than in the MCU.

Fantastic Four would fit right in, though. Once they retire Steve Rogers and Tony Stark, Reed Richards would be a great replacement for the void Tony leaves as scientist in chief.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 02:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Given how far the MCU has come, I can't see them suddenly adding mutants. The Xmen universe, though plagued with timeline issues, has established itself as one where the idea of powered humans is met very differently than in the MCU.

Fantastic Four would fit right in, though. Once they retire Steve Rogers and Tony Stark, Reed Richards would be a great replacement for the void Tony leaves as scientist in chief.

Yeah, the Spider-Man deal was easy because Sony had yet to really establish a cinematic universe they had planned with the Sinister 6 and everything. That, plus only having an old trilogy and a failed trilogy that everyone was pretty eager to forget about made for an easy hard reboot. 

It will be interesting to see how they incorporate the X-Men/Mutants into the MCU. There's no way they would make this deal if they didn't plan on bringing them in. The most recent X-Men film was pretty forgettable, and with the soft reboot that they did with Days of Future Past, I think this next movie will be set in the 80s. They're either going to merge the universes or find a way to just to a hard reset of mutants. Both options seem to have pretty significant challenges. 
Reply/Quote
Wait Wait Wait...

Does this make me a Disney Princess?

[Image: cdeed19daf270bc2cdce2bbd8c96dfda.jpg]

Disney doesn't own DC yet right so no Batman vs Alien movie
Reply/Quote
After the Infinity run, it would be pretty awesome to do A vs X.
Reply/Quote
A full reboot of X-Men is needed. I really hope that they don’t try to force in the current X-cast into the MCU.

Except for Deadpool, who shouldn’t be recast.

What would they do about the dual Quicksilvers? Which is fwiw, the only thing that the XMU has over the MCU.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote