Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge problem with offense I noticed vs Pittsburgh
Antonio Brown had a average game as he was held under his average
Martavis Bryant barely made a dent
Yet the Steelers offense racked up alot of offense and 29 pts

In this offense if AJ Green doesn't rack up 100 plus the offense stagnates.

I watched Schuster score on a 31 yd TD catch while Josh Malone gives a half hearted. Effort putting a arm out
Vance McDonald catches his only pass for a 1st down and CJ Uzomah drops a catchable ball.

I miss the days when guys named Housh Henry and Johnson showed up.vs the.Steelers and weren't intimitated
Guys like Simmons saved their best for the Steelers

I could care less how many tackles Burfict racks up vs the Steelers or how many pancake blocks Boling got vs the Bills.

I measure this team against the Black and Gold
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 11:15 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Antonio Brown had a average game as he was held under his average

I watched  Schuster score on a 31 yd TD catch while Josh Malone gives a half hearted. Effort putting a arm out
Vance McDonald catches his only pass for a 1st down and CJ Uzomah drops a catchable ball.

I miss the days when guys named Housh Henry and Johnson showed up.vs the.Steelers and weren't intimitated

I could care less how many tackles Burfict racks up vs the Steelers or how many pancake blocks Boling got vs the Bills.

You spelled 'Black and Piss Yellow' wrong. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 11:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You spelled 'Black and Piss Yellow' wrong. 

Funny

Tell their fans to quit calling piss yellow gold all the time. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 11:15 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Antonio Brown had a average game as he was held under his average

I watched  Schuster score on a 31 yd TD catch while Josh Malone gives a half hearted. Effort putting a arm out

The DB's did good against the pass but we let their bell cow run wild unfortunately. 

Our offensive woes are simple to diagnose, OL, OL, OL, OL, OL, OL, OL, OL, oh almost forgot,  and the !@#%ing OL. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 12:26 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The DB's did good against the pass but we let their bell cow run wild unfortunately. 

Did the DBs do well or did Pittsburgh realize they could run it all over us so they didn't even have to bother to try to throw it?

Reply/Quote
Lack of weapons, honestly. Eifert? Injured. Ross? Wildcard (injured). LaFell? Patriots didn't even want him. Hill/Bernard/Mixon? Why even use them (going off what Marvin did in the second half). We don't have weapons, or know how to utilize what we have. We have to have AJ go off every day in order to have a chance.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I agree we need to get other receivers involved,unfortunately our #2 is not a threat or good,and they do not want to involve Boyd when he's healthy,and Cody core isn't looking good,our only hope is if ross,Malone and Erickson can crack the lineup . Right now our only threats is green,and the backfield ,and Tyler kroft getting one here and there.
Reply/Quote
I've noticed a huge problem on offense, as well. They can't block.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yeah basically our offense consists of AJ Green catching a 40+ yard pass. IF that doesn't happen...we don't score much.

We're not good at going on long drives down the field...mainly because we can't run the ball. (And yes...after the 1 Mixon 25 yard run we still can't run the ball.)
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 03:31 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Lack of weapons, honestly. Eifert? Injured. Ross? Wildcard (injured). LaFell? Patriots didn't even want him. Hill/Bernard/Mixon? Why even use them (going off what Marvin did in the second half). We don't have weapons, or know how to utilize what we have. We have to have AJ go off every day in order to have a chance.

Lafell hasn't been a good WR anywhere he went. At best he is average.

Because he filled in for Green last year and put up decent numbers, people were high on him...but Jones was clearly a better WR AND he had more speed.
Reply/Quote
Hey. Let's face it.

A really weak offensive line unit pinning it's hopes and dreams on Andre Smith and the absence of a playmaking touchdown machine in Efiert..
is what is sinking this abysmal ship.

Goodbye.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 03:31 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Lack of weapons, honestly. Eifert? Injured. Ross? Wildcard (injured). LaFell? Patriots didn't even want him. Hill/Bernard/Mixon? Why even use them (going off what Marvin did in the second half). We don't have weapons, or know how to utilize what we have. We have to have AJ go off every day in order to have a chance.

Both

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 08:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've noticed a huge problem on offense, as well.  They can't block.

Definitely this

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Could it possibly have something to do with Pitt having a very good QB that can make things happen despite his best wide receivers not being involved and our QB incapable of doing the same.  I'm curious why is Andy getting a pass for the two picks in a clean pocket.  I've watched them over and over and they were both terribly thrown balls. Unfortunate they were picked off deflections but if thrown accurately that doesn't happen. And they were relatively easy short passes.  Were focusing so much on Marvin and Mixon not getting carries yet those two picks were awful and major factors in the game. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 12:21 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Funny

Tell their fans to quit calling piss yellow gold all the time. 

To be fair, a 'golden shower' involves a lot of ... you know.  Smirk

(10-25-2017, 12:26 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The DB's did good against the pass but we let their bell cow run wild unfortunately. 

Our offensive woes are simple to diagnose, OL, OL, OL, OL, OL, OL, OL, OL, oh almost forgot,  and the !@#%ing OL. 

You spelled 'Dalton' wrong. Right, bfi-er Dalton haters?  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

That and the WRs we expected to have aren't out there.  Ross/Boyd
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 09:30 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Lafell hasn't been a good WR anywhere he went. At best he is average.

Because he filled in for Green last year and put up decent numbers, people were high on him...but Jones was clearly a better WR AND he had more speed.

He also did not want to be a 2.....
Reply/Quote

People forget just how good that 2005 offense was. They were incredible. Best offense in Bengals history. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 12:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: People forget just how good that 2005 offense was. They were incredible. Best offense in Bengals history. 

They were good. I don't remember Chad doing squat against Pittsburgh as the OP claimed though. I remember Henry, and TJ, and even Tab Perry making plays vs the Steelers. Chad? Not so much.

I'm not knocking Chad Johnson in any way. I just think the good old days can cloud our memories sometimes.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 01:20 PM)jason Wrote: They were good. I don't remember Chad doing squat against Pittsburgh as the OP claimed though. I remember Henry, and TJ, and even Tab Perry making plays vs the Steelers. Chad? Not so much.

I'm not knocking Chad Johnson in any way. I just think the good old days can cloud our memories sometimes.

Yeah im not really saying that, im just talking that offense in a whole. They were awesome. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote