Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge week for this Franchise
(10-27-2019, 08:41 PM)jason Wrote: It was sorta odd how Tyler Eifert was targeted today. Maybe they were showcasing him for a trade.

No doubt.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:53 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: It’s because Belichick has a plan and knows how to maximize player strengths and attack opposition weaknesses. The Pats game plans and strategy is fluid depending on the players at hand. Rosters are churned to find additional players undervalued by other teams. Mike Brown’s only true plan is to employ family members, minimize overhead costs, and stubbornly stick to a management style that has rendered the front office and team the laughingstock of professional sports.

Until the Bengals employ a head coach as smart as Bill Belichick they will continue to flounder. It’s the truth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just bought a Joe Umptyscratch jersey, so with my luck they probably will trade him.

Just hang onto it.

I have a feeling that Umptyscratch will be the next Johnson/Smith.

All you have to do is wait for us to sign a couple of other players with that name.

EZPZ
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[Image: th?id=OIP.hNwAfPqXUH35fjO4S86djgHaGB&pid...=232&h=189]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Most teams would have canned Dalton years ago... we need Finley now. Dalton is PUTRID.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:08 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Most teams would have canned Dalton years ago... we need Finley now. Dalton is PUTRID.

Most teams wouldn't draft or start Finley, though.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:08 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Most teams would have canned Dalton years ago.

No they wouldn't.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Most teams wouldn't draft or start Finley, though.

8-8 or 9-7 is a good season here. The bar is so low from the 90's.

That's how they give a HC that's 0-7 in the playoffs 3 more cracks.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 07:10 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My DREAM Bye Week:
1. Andy is benched for Finley.
2. Green is traded. I would prefer a first rounder, but if they can only get a second rounder, fine. Outside of the Franchise tag, Green likely isn't a Bengal in 2020 and it'd probably be a waste of money if he is, because we won't be competitive for at least 2 seasons, at which point he will be 33.
3. Atkins is traded. Again, prefer a first rounder, but a second rounder would do. Like Green, he'll be in the last few years of his career by the time we're relevant. Try and get some capital for the future with him.
4. Kirkpatrick is traded. I don't care the compensation. Just get something for him. He's making nearly 10 million dollars per year in 2020 and 2021. We won't be all that competitive. No reason to keep him around.
5. Dunlap is traded. I think he would probably only fetch a 3rd or 4th rounder, but it's something, as he is in the same camp as Green and Atkins.

What I expect the Bye week to be:
1. Zac talks about how good our team looked in the first half and how we're closer than we seem.
2. They stubbornly refuse to trade anyone, unwilling to admit that a rebuild is upon them,  whether they like it or not.

Agree  ThumbsUp

(10-27-2019, 08:39 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This highlights what some fans that don’t want the good players traded don’t seem to admit. These players are aging, on decline and the Bengals aren’t a couple players away from being a good team. Keeping them means that you push them leaving down the road a year or two. You still don’t have a winning team, the player is now in total decline and you didn’t get crap for them. The problem of them declining doesn’t go away, you either cash in now for assets or you keep them while still losing and get nothing. Mike Brown has an approach to this situation. His approach is to do nothing and get nothing in return. I disagree with Mike’s philosophy.

Exactly  ThumbsUp

Or they go to the end of their contract this season or next and walk and we get nothing but a comp pick when we could have had a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.
Reply/Quote
You think they will let us into the XFL??? That may be the only chance this team has this year to get a Win!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:06 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: th?id=OIP.hNwAfPqXUH35fjO4S86djgHaGB&pid...=232&h=189]

Close ?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WTF!!! What success this year?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 06:52 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I smell an 8-8 finish with AJ back!  Ninja

That's with us benching Andy, right? That's the only way. Otherwise we are going 0-16 with Dalton under the helm.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Most teams wouldn't draft or start Finley, though.

Have to kind of go ahead and disagree with you there, on both counts.

Most teams would draft Finley. He’d have been drafted if we didn’t take him. What we don’t know is whether or not they view him as some sort of franchise QB, or what he’ll likely be - a solid NFL backup. Every NFL team has drafted a Ryanfinley before. He’s a prototype. Tall, white, decent to good arm, “heady,” (which I take to mean he has a head) and had reasonable success at the college level. AJ McCarron was a Ryanfinley model.

Regardless, he’s here, and he looked good enough in the preseason. We’re 0-8 and a few months away from having a high draft pick. The prudent thing to do is play him now and get a better idea of his ceiling. And basement. Any other team, similarly situated, would also play their Ryanfinley just to make sure they didn’t get lucky and buy one of the few models with hidden upgrades.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:54 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Have to kind of go ahead and disagree with you there, on both counts.

Most teams would draft Finley. He’d have been drafted if we didn’t take him. What we don’t know is whether or not they view him as some sort of franchise QB, or what he’ll likely be - a solid NFL backup. Every NFL team has drafted a Ryanfinley before. He’s a prototype. Tall, white, decent to good arm, “heady,” (which I take to mean he has a head) and had reasonable success at the college level. AJ McCarron was a Ryanfinley model.

Regardless, he’s here, and he looked good enough in the preseason. We’re 0-8 and a few months away from having a high draft pick. The prudent thing to do is play him now and get a better idea of his ceiling. And basement.  Any other team, similarly situated, would also play their Ryanfinley just to make sure they didn’t get lucky and buy one of the few models with hidden upgrades.

Fair enough, I've got nothing against the guy I was just sort of replying with a sort of odd confidence as him.  The guy is a 4th round pick rookie, not exactly the type of QB "anyone" would have under center halfway through the season with their starting QB uninjured.

Then again, how often do non-Bengal teams start 0-8 and roll with their starting QB?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:54 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Have to kind of go ahead and disagree with you there, on both counts.

Regardless, he’s here, and he looked good enough in the preseason. We’re 0-8 and a few months away from having a high draft pick. The prudent thing to do is play him now and get a better idea of his ceiling. And basement.  Any other team, similarly situated, would also play their Ryanfinley just to make sure they didn’t get lucky and buy one of the few models with hidden upgrades.

It makes sense to go with Finley...but I doubt the Bengals do. Heck - they might still extend Dalton! This team likes to zig when people want them to zag.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I bet Mike Brown just loves a coach who looks at the play of his 0-8 team and thinks they're close to being good, lol.  

This team isn't close.  They're grossly talent-deficient all over the roster.  The only thing they're close to is being the worst team in franchise history.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:50 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: That's with us benching Andy, right? That's the only way. Otherwise we are going 0-16 with Dalton under the helm.

There’s something I don’t think you understand. The Cincinnati Bengals will go 0-16 no matter who the quarterback is. The entire team is horrible and they are being coached by the incompetent.
Reply/Quote