Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humans on AMC
Anyone still watching this? First season is pretty slow, but the second season just finished and it's gotten really good.

In many respects, it's a technological remake of Planet of the Apes. It throws in some social issues (there's one in particular which just made me laugh out loud), but mostly sticks to the theme....which is compelling enough on its own without being a platform for various political agendas (although the first gay kiss between robots is probably inevitable - wait, they are already halfway there).
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
Might try picking it up again if it's paced up a bit.

Watched the first season during a marathon back around New Years. Was good, well written, well acted. But at the end I felt like it was 3 hours worth of content stretched across 9 (or however many episodes there were). I mean, they're robots with base emotions. They don't have a ton of character to develop because their life experiences are confined to the six years (or however many it was) they've been alive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 12:48 PM)Benton Wrote: But at the end I felt like it was 3 hours worth of content stretched across 9 (or however  many episodes there were).

Season 2 definitely continues  the slow pace.  But the last 4-5 hours was really good tv.  (almost as if they knew they were losing their audience if they didn't get to the point).

Like I said, they touched on a lot of the obvious social issues, but didn't dwell.  The last 3-4 episodes, for me, raised it from "meh" to "must watch".
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote