Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Hungry enough???
Two plays that could have been made by the defense that could have turned the game around. Hubbard's inability to fall on a fumble in Carolina's territory and Dre's butterfingers dropping a int. Carolina made plays while our d Bungled along as they usually do.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:38 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Two plays that could have been made by the defense that could have turned the game around. Hubbard's inability to fall on a fumble in Carolina's territory and Dre's butterfingers dropping a int. Carolina made plays while our d Bungled along as they usually do.

That kind of thing happens.....the real issue was a well executed RPO against poor execution from the LB position.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: That kind of thing happens.....the real issue was a well executed RPO against poor execution from the LB position.

Yup,

And there's several passing plays where you can tell the secondary wasn't on the same page. Wr's wide open, blown coverage, two DB's covering same guy. You can see it on a few plays. I've been slowly rewatching the game as I have time and our DB's didn't have a very good game.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: That kind of thing happens.....the real issue was a well executed RPO against poor execution from the LB position.

Bingo! 
Reply/Quote
And T. Austin, Dre and a few other Bengals said they ran plays and schemes other than what they had prepared for all week. They were simply out coached and out played and somehow they were still in the game down to the last couple of minutes.
Reply/Quote
Two huge plays that could have turned it all around. All in all, I’m not too worried about the season going forward because the defense was missing two huge pieces in Brown and Burfict.
Reply/Quote
Yeah those plays were bad but Carolina ran over us the entire game. Knew it was coming couldn't even stop it.

The sucking was a team effort.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 12:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup,

And there's several passing plays where you can tell the secondary wasn't on the same page. Wr's wide open, blown coverage, two DB's covering same guy. You can see it on a few plays. I've been slowly rewatching the game as I have time and our DB's didn't have a very good game.

Why was Teryl Austin playing cover one against Cam Newton?!?!?
Reply/Quote
Just cannot get run on like that is my main issue. Need to get better at stopping the run.

Bad game plan, have to tackle better and not let Cam or McCaffrey run on you if you want to beat them.

Still have hope as we should get better stopping the run as Billings grows as a player, but this needs cleaned up pronto.

I don't like getting ran on, i can handle teams passing a bit on us but not running all over us. Pisses me off.

We were still in the game even with all these problems, think we will get it together. Had to have a poor game as we gel early.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 04:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just cannot get run on like that is my main issue. Need to get better at stopping the run.

Bad game plan, have to tackle better and not let Cam or McCaffrey run on you if you want to beat them.

Still have hope as we should get better stopping the run as Billings grows as a player, but this needs cleaned up pronto.

I don't like getting ran on, i can handle teams passing a bit on us but not running all over us. Pisses me off.

We were still in the game even with all these problems, think we will get it together. Had to have a poor game as we gel early.

Since the very beginning of football if a team can run at will on you you're beat 95x out of 100.

And it's still true today. We've got to get better against the run ! Our LBers were getting washed out, taking bad angles and just flat out missing way to much.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 04:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Since the very beginning of football if a team can run at will on you you're beat 95x out of 100.

And it's still true today. We've got to get better against the run ! Our LBers were getting washed out, taking bad angles and just flat out missing way to much.

Yep, i am back to being a Haslett hater. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 08:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, i am back to being a Haslett hater. Whatever

Me three...I've never been a big supporter of Haslett. He should have been included in the trade with Buffalo or shipped off to Dallas with Pianoman. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 09:43 PM)grampahol Wrote: Me three...I've never been a big supporter of Haslett. He should have been included in the trade with Buffalo or shipped off to Dallas with Pianoman. 

I agree, he was the one coach i was disappointed we didn't move on from.

The LB's have been out of position for like the last 3 years. No coincidence that this was when Haslett was brought in.
Reply/Quote
The RPO requires patience and experience at the LB position. None of which we had really lining up. Not having Burfict or Brown was devastating to that.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
We need Tez and Preston back i think our run d will improve tremendously just with them two out there
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 12:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup,

that all goes away when our Defensive General comes back.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 06:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that all goes away when our Defensive General comes back.

Hate to say, but the refs will shoot him out of the saddle in four games , tops.
Reply/Quote
I hope he makes a huge difference without getting ejected and can play all remaining games. Has to make a difference. T. Austin said when he was still with Detroit that the Bengals are a different team with him on the field.

Does any Linebacker play with the fire this all Pro had?  Short 5 min highlight video: Click-Watch on You Tube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWB9ia_ZPjk   

My how the game has changed.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:38 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Two plays that could have been made by the defense that could have turned the game around. Hubbard's inability to fall on a fumble in Carolina's territory and Dre's butterfingers dropping a int. Carolina made plays while our d Bungled along as they usually do.

I wish every defensive player was playing with the energy of Hubbard.  
Reply/Quote
Hubbard should get a pass.

A young guy giving maximum effort like he does has a high ceiling in my opinion.

I do agree it was a team failure on defense but Dre needs to really work on catching.

His career as a whole points to his lack in getting turnovers being our #1 CB.

You also forgot to mention Williams and his idiotic penalties in that game that kept the Panthers offense from leaving the field.

Just as crucial IMO because it could and should have been avoided.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote