Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunt-Game 2
So what did everyone think of Hunt's play yesterday. I thought he had a pretty solid game. Had at least 1 tackle for loss, and was in the backfield creating pressure numerous times, and did a good job closing his lane. They didn't get a field goal block, but on the extra point where they lined him up between Dunlap and Johnson, they almost got it. I think he is progressing nicely and game 1 was not a fluke.
Reply/Quote
Hunt has indeed looked better out there, this season. But, at this point in time, he will have to have a 3 sack, 2 ff, 2 pd performance for most to acknowledge that he belongs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Seems like the light might be turning on for Margus.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I've been very pleasantly surprised by Hunt so far this season. He is filling the void left by all the injuries that our Dline has suffered.

Big man can play.

The only question is, now that he's finally producing, how many years can we get out of him since he is already 29 in, what is essentially, his rookie year.
Reply/Quote
Shoot, he has virtually no wear and tear on his body.... he should be good for another 5 or 6 years....
Reply/Quote
He wasn't bad yesterday.
Reply/Quote
He got a hand on Ben a couple times yesterday, but Ben is not an easy man to bring down. I think he is good at holding the point and pushing a pocket, still lacks much of a rush move. I think he is more of a 3-4 end honestly.
Reply/Quote
I saw one sack he could have had if he weren't held. He was coming from behind Big J on the play and the pass was completed for a large gain.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:23 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I saw one sack he could have had if he weren't held.  He was coming from behind Big J on the play and the pass was completed for a large gain.

Yea, I saw that one too. Very frustrating.

But then, on the next drive, Adam Jones laid out Heyward Bey with a helmet to helmet hit and it wasn't called, so I considered that a pay back no call.

Now, obviously, it could have just been that the refs, literally, don't even know the rules of this game.

But, for my own peace of mind, I chose to assume that the refs were just "letting the teams play."

However, there is a very good chance that those refs just don't know the rules of the game they are mediating.
Reply/Quote
He did pretty well yesterday. I guess he was just holding back in the preseason... Really holding back.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:23 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I saw one sack he could have had if he weren't held.  He was coming from behind Big J on the play and the pass was completed for a large gain.

Between Hunt and Atkins, there were at least a half dozen holding penalties that looked fairly blatant that went uncalled.  But to be expected with the Stoolers, I suppose.  NFL and zebras both love them some black and gold...  makes me sick to my stomach, to be honest
Reply/Quote

That one really stood out. It was 73 for the steelers.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 2XXHP7h.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Think Hunt has looked good since the last preseason game on.

Gladly will eat crow if this keeps up.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 10:13 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Think Hunt has looked good since the last preseason game on.

Gladly will eat crow if this keeps up.

Yeah man, me too.....he looked abysmal early in the preseason, like he had regressed.  Someone really lit a fire under his ass, or he was injured or sandbagging....he doesn't even resemble what I saw.  That said, he has a long way to go, and is hardly a starter, let alone a pro bowler, but at least we're seeing a glimmer of production from him.  He is holding his own out there, and that's far better than we have seen previously.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So what did everyone think of Hunt's play yesterday. I thought he had a pretty solid game. Had at least 1 tackle for loss, and was in the backfield creating pressure numerous times, and did a good job closing his lane. They didn't get a field goal block, but on the extra point where they lined him up between Dunlap and Johnson, they almost got it. I think he is progressing nicely and game 1 was not a fluke.

Hunt is looking good. Getting a little more bend to him which in my opinion was his biggest problem.
Reply/Quote
Think I saw him twice. Think he made a TFL in the running game, and then the second time he was being bear hugged by a Steelers OL. Like full on arms wrapped around his chest.

No DL was great because no DL can succeed when the OL is allowed to hold as much and as blatantly as they please.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Think I saw him twice. Think he made a TFL in the running game, and then the second time he was being bear hugged by a Steelers OL. Like full on arms wrapped around his chest.

No DL was great because no DL can succeed when the OL is allowed to hold as much and as blatantly as they please.

Holding all damn day on the Steelers yesterday...
Reply/Quote
Margus Hunt is for real, well, he is when the Steelers don't have him in a full Nelson choke hold.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:02 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hunt has indeed looked better out there, this season.  But, at this point in time, he will have to have a 3 sack, 2 ff, 2 pd performance for most to acknowledge that he belongs.

For a 2nd round pick who took 3+ year before contributing it's going to take consistently good play in his 4th year (this year) for him to earn his way.

But Hunt didn't control where he was selected in the draft, that error was on the Bengals. I think people are just unhappy with the pick value and Hunt gets the brunt of that unhappiness.

Reply/Quote