Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Hunter Biden Trial Begins
(06-13-2024, 01:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In case you have not noticed, our country now attacks political opponents without real cases, but partisan with hunts. A conviction may never happen, but the cost the 51 and others would be a huge hit to them. Trump is a billionaire and will survive the financial hit. Will They? 

The GOP needs to find a fare right leaning court, far leaning right judge and far right leaning jury. Then go after them for election interference or do as they did in NY, never disclose the crimes until closing arguments.

I would agree with the NYC case, even though there was more there than I originally thought.  But the GA case and the documents case are not spurious.  I think Willis has utterly botched the GA case due to her venal incompetence, but the case had legs.  I say this as someone who does believe Trump is being targeted uniquely among former POTUS'.  But I cannot excuse his actions because of the past actions of former presidents, even when they are far more egregious.  Now, if this becomes the new normal I'll be cool with it.  If it returns as business as usual post Trump then that's further ammo for Trump.  But you can't ignore what Trump did, allegedly, and write it off as crimes made of whole cloth.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 01:27 PM)hollodero Wrote: Glad to see you're such a fighter for a fair and unpartisan justice system. You and Trump, you're really both not about retribution at all.

In fact, "without real cases" is just your interpretation that is solely fueled by your political affiliation. I for one don't see it that way and would bet that you would be the biggest fan of any trial if it targeted a Democrat instead of Trump. So yeah, even if what you allege were to be true, which it is not, you don't get to complain about it while demanding for the same thing to happen and are full of schadenfreude over some folks being possibly financially ruined in a sham trial. Great stuff.

The GOP did not strike first. If they do not answer back (not Trump but like Biden use others to do the dirty work), the political attacks will continue.

The NY case was a sham trial. Most legal experts and pundits, even those on liberal networks agree.

So, you feel conservatives should just accept the Democrats attacking Democracy with no answer?

Yes, money talks and a good way to shop these type of political partisan attacks by members of the Democratic party like the 51 is to bankrupt them at a minimum.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 10:39 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not even close. It was an attack at a corrupt system trying to steal our democracy. This was the sentiment at the time. Doesn't matter if that sentiment has changed since then. Too many or most, I don't think it has. 

Right… The attack on the “corrupt system” was actually an attack on America’s democratic institutions. Sell yourself whatever bullshit you need to feel better about it.

Idiots blindly following a conman were deceived by the POTUS and assaulted our capitol. Idiots continue to blindly follow a conman. Can’t fix stupid is a saying for a reason.

https://youtu.be/LVx8gCAF3D8?si=9PvIUmq23DGd_uoR
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 08:15 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Right… The attack on the “corrupt system” was actually an attack on America’s democratic institutions. Sell yourself whatever bullshit you need to feel better about it.

Idiots blindly following a conman were deceived by the POTUS and assaulted our capitol. Idiots continue to blindly follow a conman. Can’t fix stupid is a saying for a reason.

So what, at least they made it count for something of value. All of those Antifa riots that destroyed billions of dollars worth of establishments in many cities all around the US we basically defending a criminal.  So, what was your point, again?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 08:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ThumbsUp
So what, at least they made it count for something of value. All of those Antifa riots that destroyed billions of dollars worth of establishments in many cities all around the US we basically defending a criminal.  So, what was your point, again?

It was Kamala Harris.

Burn notice coming in.

No-one is raising her bail...
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 08:52 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: It was Kamala Harris.

Burn notice coming in.

No-one is raising her bail...

Maybe burned at the stake, by the people of LA..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 08:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So what, at least they made it count for something of value. All of those Antifa riots that destroyed billions of dollars worth of establishments in many cities all around the US we basically defending a criminal.  So, what was your point, again?

JFC.

Sure let’s compare apples and oranges.

One event was based on real facts, LEOs on video pinned a guy down until he died while people stood around begging them to stop. People protested because someone was killed by excessive use of force and they probably saw the evidence with their own eyes. And they were not protesting to give one man power.

One event was based on lies. Deliberate misinformation spread by the POTUS. People protested in direct support of a politician. Not because of facts or any actual evidence. Just the POTUS feeding them a bunch of bullshit. And they assaulted the Capitol and were going to hang the vice president so they could install one guy in a position of power.

Are you capable of recognizing a difference?
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 09:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: One event was based on real facts, LEOs on video pinned a guy down until he died while people stood around begging them to stop. People protested because someone was killed by excessive use of force and they probably saw the evidence with their own eyes.

If George would have simply cooperated with the authorities, none of this would have happened...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 09:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If George would have simply cooperated with the authorities, none of this would have happened...

Did I read that right? If trump wouldn’t have lied his ass off none of this would have happened?

Difference is Floyd was a low level conman nobody was trying to give authority to. Trump is a high level conman whose supporters think he is the only one who can solve all their problems.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 08:15 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Right… The attack on the “corrupt system” was actually an attack on America’s democratic institutions. Sell yourself whatever bullshit you need to feel better about it.

Angry much?
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 09:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If George would have simply cooperated with the authorities, none of this would have happened...

I actually cannot agree with this statement at all.  Floyd was in custody in the back of a unit.  He was then removed by Chauvin, in complete disregard for standard procedure, who then proceeded to kneel on his neck for an absurd amount of time.  I know there are debates as to what actually killed Floyd, but I'm not going to get into that.  Floyd may have been less than cooperative at some point, but once he's in the back of a cruiser he stays there until you get to the station/jail.  If you have to hobble him or put a spit mask on him you do it without removal.

What doesn't get talked about, and I'm sure I'll get attacked for this by some, is that this whole thing was personal.  Chauvin used to work security at the same bar/club Floyd worked at and they had personal beef.  Chauvin disliked Floyd and saw this incident as a chance to put extras on him.  Trust me when I say Chauvin is viewed as the Judas of law enforcement.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 09:40 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Angry much?

Very.

The number of people who gobble up everything right wing media sells them is insane. There are conmen and there are marks. Right wing media knows their audience.

Acting like a nepo baby who has bankrupted numerous companies and constantly committed fraud is some kind of business genius that will magically fix all our ails is some of the dumbest shit I’ve seen in my life.

He wasn’t loyal to his first wife, his second wife, or his third wife or his oath to the constitution. Oh but he cares deeply about me and our country and is so honest. Yea…
Reply/Quote