Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Hunter Biden Whistleblower
(04-20-2023, 11:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's kinda how politics goes these days..  

And as far as the nuance of attempting to push something over, under the guise of something else?  That's nothing new, either.  Ask yourself why every emergency relief bill takes hundreds and in some cases thousands of pages to write, and includes pet projects and earmarks destined for every affirmitive votes district?  We, the general public always seem to be aghast at the $$$ it takes to get relief to people wiped out by natural disaster, but it's really all the purchasing of votes to push it through that is so damn expensive.

I can see the student debt relief thing as liberal vote buying, but I think that overlooks the possibility that the republican party painted themselves into a bit of a corner by allowing student debt to become such a widespread problem.  A lot of people my age would likely be following the old school "liberal youth turns conservative by 35 or so" paradigm if we were spending $750 a month on the stock market rather than sending it to Navient.

It's possible that letting student loans become such a burden and predatory system that the GOP cost themselves a lot of voters.  My generation is putting off marriage, putting off kids, putting off diamonds and weddings and vacations and expensive cars and homes and investments because we are being told to pay our bills before we have our fun and spend money we don't have.

The GOP is taking a big risk letting a lot of people make it to their 30s and 40s and beyond without becoming republicans by default.  If I had an extra $20k to put in the stock market and Trump made it go up and Biden made it go down, it's possible I'd be voting with my wallet by now.

tl;dr - please indict Biden...unless Newsome is the next man up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 11:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I can see the student debt relief thing as liberal vote buying, but I think that overlooks the possibility that the republican party painted themselves into a bit of a corner by allowing student debt to become such a widespread problem.  A lot of people my age would likely be following the old school "liberal youth turns conservative by 35 or so" paradigm if we were spending $750 a month on the stock market rather than sending it to Navient.

It's possible that letting student loans become such a burden and predatory system that the GOP cost themselves a lot of voters.  My generation is putting off marriage, putting off kids, putting off diamonds and weddings and vacations and expensive cars and homes and investments because we are being told to pay our bills before we have our fun and spend money we don't have.

The GOP is taking a big risk letting a lot of people make it to their 30s and 40s and beyond without becoming republicans by default.  If I had an extra $20k to put in the stock market and Trump made it go up and Biden made it go down, it's possible I'd be voting with my wallet by now.

tl;dr - please indict Biden...unless Newsome is the next man up.

This is obviously borrowed from another response in this thread, but I think that it kind of illustrates the key to all student load debt potentially being either greatly diminished or flat out erased.

Quote:Supreme Court Allows Billions in Student Loan Forgiveness To Continue Under Settlement

The Supreme Court’s ruling last week was about a sweeping settlement agreement designed to resolve Sweet v. Cardona, a multi-year class action lawsuit first brought against the Education Department during the Trump administration over stalled or denied Borrower Defense to Repayment applications. The Borrower Defense program can wipe out federal student debt if a borrower’s school engaged in harmful misrepresentations or made false promises about important aspects of their educational program.

Back in my HS days (Class of '87) school guidance counselors were almost like direct marketing reps for promoting the perceived 'need' to have a 4 year degree in order to survive or remain competitive in America's evolving society.  They stressed the downfall of the unionized factory jobs that our parents had that afforded them to support us while working non-skilled, low-educated positions.  They (at least the ones at my small town HS) painted a very bleak outlook for anyone who didn't pursue the 4 year degree path.

It seems to me at least that it was like organized messaging.  Good luck on getting anyone to admit where the directive for that sort of messaging came from, but many, many of us fell victim to it.  The reason I bolded that last sentence, is because it appears to me that most any higher educational institution could be viewed as misrepresenting the impact their degree will have on one's life and that all of the superfluous coursework required as part of the 'degree package' is so vital and enriching to one's life that it is equally as important as your core curriculum work.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We live in age of not being accountable triggered by liberal policy. Student debt is an example. The POTUS (lead liberal) promises he will eliminate student debt to buy votes from those with college educations and those in college to dumb to realize he can't do it by himself. So here we are, Biden is in office and students racked up more debt with idea due to false promise if was free money and they would never have to wory about paying it back.

Student debt should not be a promissory note paid by the tax payer. It is an individual debt the college student should be held accountable to pay back, read the loan papers they sign, there is nothing about it not being paid back. In fact it states, within 6 months of not enrolling in college, the loan payments kick in and the responsible party is the them, not us the tax payer.

Simply, teach individuals to be responsible. The students will make better decisions (maybe work while in college or stay off campus) when they know someday they have to pay back the loan. They will get degrees that jobs that pay well will help them pay off the loan versus degrees that are no better than high school diplomas for securing a great job.

Going back to the original topic, this is not a hoax. There is a high level IRS agent who under oath and knowing they will be under intense scrutiny by the Biden DLOJ Garland and others asking to testify and set the record straight. Who in their right mind would testify against the Biden crime family if their testimony was false.

If this case was Donald Trump Jr. versus Hunter Biden, Jr. would be vilified by the liberal media. Yet, we say the bias as the liberal media spews liberal talking points. The same media who said the laptop was not real, it was Russia disinformation. We know now that was a lie and Biden's campaign orchestrated the cover up prior to the election to get Joe elected. In time, we will see if the DOJ and the IRS treat the Biden's the same way the have treated the Trump family.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I wonder if part of the problem is evidence.

I’m by no means a legal expert. But isn’t there permissible evidence and then sometimes evidence that to an outsider would look like a crucial piece for a trial but a judge doesn’t let get shown during the trial.

I wonder if a stolen laptop is permissible evidence? Or if the prosecutor doesn’t have any other proof?
Reply/Quote
Remember when Tucker Carlson apparently had Hunters laptop and then said he wouldnt pursue it and then a phone call leaked where Tucker was kissing Hunters ass and asking for some recommendation for his son? Is my timeline right on that?

Seems like the conservative media is the one that went easy on ol Hunter.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 12:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Back in my HS days (Class of '87) school guidance counselors were almost like direct marketing reps for promoting the perceived 'need' to have a 4 year degree in order to survive or remain competitive in America's evolving society.  They stressed the downfall of the unionized factory jobs that our parents had that afforded them to support us while working non-skilled, low-educated positions.  They (at least the ones at my small town HS) painted a very bleak outlook for anyone who didn't pursue the 4 year degree path.

It seems to me at least that it was like organized messaging.  Good luck on getting anyone to admit where the directive for that sort of messaging came from, but many, many of us fell victim to it.  The reason I bolded that last sentence, is because it appears to me that most any higher educational institution could be viewed as misrepresenting the impact their degree will have on one's life and that all of the superfluous coursework required as part of the 'degree package' is so vital and enriching to one's life that it is equally as important as your core curriculum work.  

"Directive" is certainly the wrong term, unless you are thinking of a CLASS directive. Since the late 60s, there has been a concerted effort by the GOP to "discipline" universities to be more responsive to the market and corporate employers.  This has been accomplished in public universities in part by defunding them (forcing a rise in the cost of tuition) and forcing them to take on business "partners." The attack on tenure has also been part of this, along with the reduction of full-time faculty.

To the degree they have been successful, universities, and following them public schools, have become more and more like advanced vocational training--i.e., training to employer specs., not education for the student, critical education for citizenship.

You must agree with this if by "superfluous coursework" you mean the kinds of knowledge not directly applicable to most jobs--geography, history, literature, art, political science. And if you define "core curriculum work" as the part that employers want you to learn. the part that gets you a job. 

There was a time when parents--especially immigrants from the old country--objected to the emphasis on vocational training because they knew how it functioned in Europe, where "superfluous courses" which enabled social advancement were the restricted to upper classes. (E.g., 1917 riots in NY protesting implementation of the Gary Plan and tracking students by national/racial origin).  
Reply/Quote
Any class or experience or knowledge can be as superfluous as you want it to be. I went to a Catholic school and you'd be amazed at how little memorizing the stations of the cross helps me these days.  However, I will admit that I still find people named Simon to be quite helpful. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 12:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I wonder if part of the problem is evidence.

I’m by no means a legal expert. But isn’t there permissible evidence and then sometimes evidence that to an outsider would look like a crucial piece for a trial but a judge doesn’t let get shown during the trial.

I wonder if a stolen laptop is permissible evidence? Or if the prosecutor doesn’t have any other proof?

Evidence from a stolen laptop would fall under what is called "fruit of the poisonous tree."
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 11:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Going back to the original topic, this is not a hoax. There is a high level IRS agent who under oath and knowing they will be under intense scrutiny by the Biden DLOJ Garland and others asking to testify and set the record straight. Who in their right mind would testify against the Biden crime family if their testimony was false.

If this case was Donald Trump Jr. versus Hunter Biden, Jr. would be vilified by the liberal media. Yet, we say the bias as the liberal media spews liberal talking points. The same media who said the laptop was not real, it was Russia disinformation. We know now that was a lie and Biden's campaign orchestrated the cover up prior to the election to get Joe elected. In time, we will see if the DOJ and the IRS treat the Biden's the same way the have treated the Trump family.

The "liberal media," along with other forensic and intel experts, questioned the provenance of the lap top, saying its acquirement, timing, and emails had all the earmarks of Russian disinformation. That was a good call whether it is disinformation or not. They did not say the laptop "wasn't real"; they were suggesting a kind of caution not exercised by Fox and other Right Wing outlets like the NYPost. That's why they don't use the term "Biden crime family,"* which alleges conviction before the fact, and is used primarily by those accusing everyone else of "bias." 

And it already is the case of "Donald Trump jr. vs Biden," 
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/ivanka-trump-don-jr-misled-financial-institutions-about-trump-org-finances-ny-ag-says/3502090/

not to mention Ivanka and Jared, who actually held positions in the White House while raking in profits from foreign connections.  
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-oversight-investigating-2b-saudi-investment-jared-kushners-firm-rcna31805
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/06/ivanka-trump-gets-initial-approval-from-china-for-16-trademarks.html
https://apnews.com/article/north-america-donald-trump-trademarks-voting-ivanka-trump-0a3283036d2f4e699da4aa3c6dd01727
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/30/us/politics/jared-kushner-qatar-united-arab-emirates.html

So far, the claim Biden "orchestrated a cover up" is just an unproven allegation. And it appears premised on the assumption that people would
not vote for Joe because of Hunter's activities--a son who never held office.

And I'd like to know why the IRS, when under Trump's control, never finished a single mandatory audit, while doing all in its power to 
block release of his tax forms. That looks far more like a cover up.

*Hannity ALWAYS refers to "the Biden crime family" on his show, while ignoring the Trump family's legal troubles or simply dismissing them as "Trump hate."
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 11:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We live in age of not being accountable triggered by liberal policy. Student debt is an example. The POTUS (lead liberal) promises he will eliminate student debt to buy votes from those with college educations and those in college to dumb to realize he can't do it by himself. So here we are, Biden is in office and students racked up more debt with idea due to false promise if was free money and they would never have to wory about paying it back.

Student debt should not be a promissory note paid by the tax payer. It is an individual debt the college student should be held accountable to pay back, read the loan papers they sign, there is nothing about it not being paid back. In fact it states, within 6 months of not enrolling in college, the loan payments kick in and the responsible party is the them, not us the tax payer.

Simply, teach individuals to be responsible. The students will make better decisions (maybe work while in college or stay off campus) when they know someday they have to pay back the loan. They will get degrees that jobs that pay well will help them pay off the loan versus degrees that are no better than high school diplomas for securing a great job.

Going back to the original topic, this is not a hoax. There is a high level IRS agent who under oath and knowing they will be under intense scrutiny by the Biden DLOJ Garland and others asking to testify and set the record straight. Who in their right mind would testify against the Biden crime family if their testimony was false.

1) Exactly why can't the country help students with college, or make it free when many other countries found a way to do it?  Is it just that "rugged individualism" in America or are we just more concerned about hoarding as much money for ourselves as possible?

2) It doesn't have to be a hoax to be overblown.  And that is what the investigations are for.  Just because you don't like the outcome of the fact-gathering and decision doesn't mean they are wrong.  Plenty of people wanted Bush Jr in jail for war crimes, wanted Hillary Clinton in jail for her emails, wanted Trump in jail for any number of things.  They get investigated and then decisions are made.  Just because YOUR bias doesn't like it when a republican is found guilty doesn't mean it wasn't justified.  The Trump family has been found guilty or paid settlements to any number of groups and individuals over the years.  SO FAR the Bidens have had rumors spread but nothing solid put forth.  If there is something there then I hope they are punished as the law permits.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 12:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I wonder if part of the problem is evidence.

There are major chain of custody issues with the laptop.  Additionally, the repair guy apparently violated Delaware law which requires a year before he can take ownership of the abandoned laptop

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 11:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We live in age of not being accountable triggered by liberal policy. Student debt is an example. The POTUS (lead liberal) promises he will eliminate student debt to buy votes from those with college educations and those in college to dumb to realize he can't do it by himself. So here we are, Biden is in office and students racked up more debt with idea due to false promise if was free money and they would never have to wory about paying it back.

You are claiming students racked up more debt since Biden was in office?

What is your source for that?
Reply/Quote
Looks like everyone is in agreement here - breaking the law should end with an arrest and jail time for anyone, regardless of their political affiliations or perceived station.

Now I want to hear the conservatives say it.
Reply/Quote
I paid my own way through college and paid my student loans. You borrow money then pay it back. Why even want a handout? Wait, people didn't get a degree to start a career. I'm tired of people whining about this subject. Get a job and pay it back like many people.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 01:29 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I paid my own way through college and paid my student loans. You borrow money then pay it back. Why even want a handout? Wait, people didn't get a degree to start a career. I'm tired of people whining about this subject. Get a job and pay it back like many people.

My grandfather did World War II, does that mean I have to do it also ? 

Luckily, you were lecturing all of us that the main question you ask yourself everytime is What would Jesus do ? ...

Funny guy.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote

The Biden crime family? Your being a little ridiculous. This is still focused on Hunter Biden not Joe Biden. So let the investigation run its course and let's see where it goes. The same thing I'm saying with what's happening with Trump right now. Did they get the Hunter Biden laptop wrong sure they did. But nothing concrete has come out about the laptop and people want to act like not only is it a smoking gun but it also gives credibility to every other conspiracy theory. I mean just try and look at the laptop situation from an outside perspective. Presidential hopeful sons laptop with potentially damaging information is left at a computer repair shop. Every one that isn't a Trump hillbilly tin foil hat wearer thinks that sounds a little fishy and I certainly wouldn't want unverified information affecting a election any side of the political spectrum.
Reply/Quote
I'd give Blinken almost as much credibility as I would give Joe who keeps saying that he never got involved in his son’s business dealings, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary. Tick tock.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 01:29 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I paid my own way through college and paid my student loans. You borrow money then pay it back. Why even want a handout? Wait, people didn't get a degree to start a career. I'm tired of people whining about this subject. Get a job and pay it back like many people.

Some students were taken advantage of by "colleges" that either folded or ripped them off in some way.  Those loans should be forgiven and the criminals forced to pay them if anything.  

Some students were taken advantage of by lenders who did not disclose everything about their loans.  Those loans should be forgiven and the lenders forced to pay something to make amends.

Some students made mistakes, took out bad loans and quit school or never found a job in their field that paid enough.  

I paid all my loans back.  From 1991-2001.  My wife, who went back to school after we were married, paid for 15 years and still had another 15-20 to go because the way the charge interest has changed dramatically.  Fortunately she works for non-profits and under new rules last year was able to have the remaining amounts forgiven.

I know several other people who had theirs forgiven for one reason or another.  They all had jobs.

The blanket "I paid so everyone should pay no matter what" is silly and too absolute.

It is like saying "I got in a fight and punched in the face and it toughened me up so everyone should get punched in the face at least once so they can toughen up."  Your experiences are not everyone's.

If we applied this to "business" there are plenty of examples of "smart" businessmen who simply didn't pay their debts and went right on because the other guy couldn't afford to sue for their money.  There are plenty of examples of "businesses" that got PPP loans and hand them forgiven who never had a business to begin with.  And there were no repercussions for them because "job creators"!

The entire system needs revamping and helping people get out from under mountains of debt is a good step.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Speaking of "mountains of evidence"--
Just thought I would share one of my posts from OVER TWO YEARS AGO--10.29.20--
to show HOW FAR we have come on the HB laptop issue:

Dill. . . .
Three weeks ago I was listening to the Brian Kilmeade radio show. My boy Brian was SMOKIN' on the Biden story, all the Chinese connections, millions of dollars to Hunter, callers were demanding to know how he was getting away with it; people would go crazy if this happened to Trump, etc.  
Then Chris Wallace came on, supposedly to announce a new show they would do together, it was like someone dropped an ice cold bucket of journalistic standards on the discussion. Klimeade was firing all these questions at the honorable Wallace, and getting answers like "still no evidence of wrong doing" and "likely nothing there," and "so far just rumors," and "not prosecutable." The energy of the show dropped just like that.  Left me wondering how a show featuring those two would keep a Fox audience. That was three weeks ago.

Then today I was driving to Johnstown and BOOM Kilmeade was on the Hunter Laptop story. One caller kept repeating "given what we know," "Given what we know," meaning we know the laptop proves the Chinese gave Hunter millions and 10% was earmarked for Joe, who usually gets HALF of Hunter's money but not this time etc. Media storm if Trump did this!! etc. Incredulous angry callers could not figure out why the FBI or someone was not moving on this!

LOL only the deep state could keep a story like this out of the MSM this long!

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-exactly-is-Joe-Biden-supposed-to-have-done-wrong-in-business-dealings?pid=940051&highlight=kilmeade#pid940051  post #39

"Mountains of 'Fox evidence,'" like Trump's "proof" of election fraud, disappear in the face of legal standards of evidence.
Now, two years later, still looks like the FBI will be lucky to get HB on tax evasion and a false statement to buy a gun. 

Let's turn now to the millions Saudi's and Qataris spent on Kushner interests; there is actually a paper trail there. Imagine if the RW media storm if Qataris spent hundreds of millions to bail out Hunter Biden's real estate albatross.
Reply/Quote

I got a trust fund from my rich uncle.  It paid for my college fair and square.  Why can't everyone just have a trust fund like I did?

I mean, shit, most people have uncles, right?  Maybe they have rich aunts, too?  They need to start asking around before they become whiners begging us superior folk for handouts.

I'm tired of people bitching and complaining because they failed to secure trust funds before they were 17 years old.  I hope their homeless asses die of staph infections while eating dumpster found cat food under the Ft Washington Way overpass.  

Also, I'm awesome because church.

I love watching my fellow Americans suffer in economic servitude.  It validates me as a human to know I'm better than them.  I take every chance I can to talk about what pieces of shit they are to seek relief form their shitty situations.  F those plebeian scum.  If god and Jesus wanted them to have decent lives, they'd have given them rich uncles, too.  Who am I to doubt god?  These people deserve all the pain and humiliation they can get.  Personally wish they'd put them in stocks down at the Banks so us Jesusy-folk could chuck rotten food into their liberal, welfare-loving maws before ballgames.  

I go to church, so I'm better than everyone.  I hope Trump gets elected so we can kill the poor and the Jesus-hating heathens soon.  LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote