Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Hunter Renfrow VS Mike Hilton, someone talk me off the ledge
Something keeps telling me we lose if we lose this matchup. Please someone remind me of how well Hilton Ranked this year in coverage. Iv seen clips of Renfrow's route tree this year and dude is insane. I REALLY REALLY dont wanna get Wes Welker'd by this dude.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
The Bengals play a lot of zone coverage (like most NFL teams) so Hilton isn’t going to be solely responsible for Renfrow.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 02:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Shit like this helps
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Didn't these guys just shut down Hill and Kelce in the 2nd half vs Chiefs?
Reply/Quote
Hilton has an overall PFF grade of 72.4 and has been a very solid player for us.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 01:36 AM)Housh Wrote: Something keeps telling me we lose if we lose this matchup. Please someone remind me of how well Hilton Ranked this year in coverage. Iv seen clips of Renfrow's route tree this year and dude is insane. I REALLY REALLY dont wanna get Wes Welker'd by this dude.

Go ahead and jump off the ledge. 

If you don't see that Bengals score around 100 more points in 2021 than Raiders and beat Raiders 32 to 13.  If you can't see Burrow, Mixon, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Uzomah are the far better offense, then go ahead and jump off the ledge. 

Plus Bengals Defense and kicking game was better than Raiders over 2021 and in that Bengals over Raiders 32 to 13. 

Again, go ahead and jump.  

GO BENGALS

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 01:36 AM)Housh Wrote: Something keeps telling me we lose if we lose this matchup. Please someone remind me of how well Hilton Ranked this year in coverage. Iv seen clips of Renfrow's route tree this year and dude is insane. I REALLY REALLY dont wanna get Wes Welker'd by this dude.

Uh, are you talking about the same Hunter Renfrow that played against us earlier in the year and had 4 catches for 30 yards?  The second worst game of his entire season?

That Hunter Renfrow?
Reply/Quote
I only remember Hilton having troubles against big (tall) receivers, Williams in particular in that San Diego game.
Reply/Quote
RE: Hunter Renfrow VS Mike Hilton, someone talk me off the ledge...

*push*
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 12:33 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: I only remember Hilton having troubles against big (tall) receivers, Williams in particular in that San Diego game.

That'll happen when a WR has a 7" height advantage plus a 4" arm length advantage. 

Hilton has been very good this season, though, and Renfrow's body type is certainly not Williams' body type. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 12:35 PM)Interceptor Wrote: RE: Hunter Renfrow VS Mike Hilton, someone talk me off the ledge...

*push*

[Image: 200w.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Raiders DB'S VS Chase, Boyd and Higgins
there, that should do it
Reply/Quote
All the Raiders really have for pass catchers are Renfrow and Waller.
Double one (or both) of them if there's a concern.

Personally, I don't think their offense will be that successful unless they can get their run game going.

The Raiders are one of only two teams (Steelers) in the postseason that have allowed more points than they've scored but still made playoffs.
They don't belong in the playoffs and the Bengals should make them realize it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Renfrow and Waller will get theirs but Hilton and Awuzie and company will hold.

These guys aren't Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce by any means.

The problem for Carr and the Raiders will be our DL, namely Trey Hendrickson.

Carr is pretty bad when pressured, unlike Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Hilton and Awuzie have both played really well this season and are the least of my concerns going into game.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Good thing Hilton is practicing against a better version in practice everyday in Tyler Boyd. Boyd would be number 2 playmaker on Raiders behind Waller. Even going into season for Raiders
Reply/Quote
Having Logan Wilson back is also really big for keeping Renfrow and Waller in check. Having an LB that stacks up INTs helps keep them honest in the middle of the field. Add in having Bell around to close off certain angles with his big hit ability and I think we stack up pretty well against their WR corps and Waller.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 03:50 PM)treee Wrote: Having Logan Wilson back is also really big for keeping Renfrow and Waller in check. Having an LB that stacks up INTs helps keep them honest in the middle of the field. Add in having Bell around to close off certain angles with his big hit ability and I think we stack up pretty well against their WR corps and Waller.

True and Logan should be healthier now to boot. Hopefully he is 100%, he didn't look quite like it against the Chiefs even 
though he did play pretty well in the 2nd half as did the entire D.
Reply/Quote