Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunters and gun safety
Why do background checks and waiting periods even exist? Are you telling me not once has a white woman ever tried to get a handgun for protection but was murdered during the background check? Take her first name, call it the _____ bill and play it up until we all realize background checks only prevent law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves. You think criminals have to wait 3 days to get guns? They don't.

Quit putting law-abiding people at risk.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-04-2015, 06:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Why do background checks and waiting periods even exist?  Are you telling me not once has a white woman ever tried to get a handgun for protection but was murdered during the background check?  Take her first name, call it the _____ bill and play it up until we all realize background checks only prevent law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves.  You think criminals have to wait 3 days to get guns?  They don't.

Quit putting law-abiding people at risk.

Eventually we will need a background check to shop in the hardware department at Home Depot.
(12-04-2015, 06:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Florida permit I believe opens you up for other states as well.

And really a hunters safety course should be very similar. I still think we would be better off teaching these courses in public high schools . Generals public awareness should be higher and kids only exposure shouldn't be from video games.

There are reciprocity agreements between certain states. Virginia's allows me to carry when I go up to PA, but I have to secure it when I pass through Maryland because they don't have reciprocity.

As for the hunter safety course, not what I went through. Using that to say someone can carry concealed and have that responsibility in public, should not be, IMO. It all depends on the courses themselves, though. Some are better than others.
(12-04-2015, 05:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Thinks he can see the future?  ...crazy.

He's not a fortune teller, silly.  That's crazy.  He read your mind.
(12-04-2015, 07:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There are reciprocity agreements between certain states. Virginia's allows me to carry when I go up to PA, but I have to secure it when I pass through Maryland because they don't have reciprocity.

As for the hunter safety course, not what I went through. Using that to say someone can carry concealed and have that responsibility in public, should not be, IMO. It all depends on the courses themselves, though. Some are better than others.

I went through one as a kid . And I agree it's not the same.... But i sure these aren't the level courses we are talking about. I'm sure there is some actual firearm training involved with range time.
(12-04-2015, 10:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I went through one as a kid . And I agree it's not the same.... But i sure these aren't the level courses we are talking about. I'm sure there is some actual firearm training involved with range time.

No, the hunter safety course you are thinking of that you would have taken as a kid will qualify you to have a concealed carry permit in Virginia. No range time needed, no actual firearms training.
Bullshit. I know for a fact that Ohio and North Carolina both require NICS checks for gun purchases. Last I checked, NICS was the "universal" nationwide database..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-04-2015, 11:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bullshit. I know for a fact that Ohio and North Carolina both require NICS checks for gun purchases. Last I checked, NICS was the "universal" nationwide database..

What they mean by universal background checks is that every transaction where a firearm is purchased requires a background check. In those states listed as no, gun shows sales may not require them, and person to person sales may not (as is the case here).
(12-04-2015, 11:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, the hunter safety course you are thinking of that you would have taken as a kid will qualify you to have a concealed carry permit in Virginia. No range time needed, no actual firearms training.

Wow I am surprised. Here we needed range time.
(12-04-2015, 06:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Speaking on Florida .  There is current legislation Coming up for a vote that open carry will be the same as concealed I believe ..... It made it through committee a few months ago .

Fla and Texas are the only states that will give a permit based on "confirmed kills".