Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hurricane Harvey
That was an ignorant thing for him to say.

That said, how do comments by a peon (and possibly insane) prof at a tiny university rate prime time? It's not like he is the POTUS, eh. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(08-30-2017, 12:20 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: That was an ignorant thing for him to say.

That said, how do comments by a peon (and possibly insane) prof at a tiny university rate prime time? It's not like he is the POTUS, eh.  Ninja

I don't think size matters...pun intended. 

This guy reflects the Trump hate that runs deep in all of academia. Unfortunately for him he couldn't keep his hate in check.

He's not insane otherwise he wouldn't have deleted his post.
He's just a hater.
Uh oh..CNN screwed up and let this one get through...but don't count on them harping on it.

Democratic La. governor praises federal governments response to Harvey.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/29/louisianas-dem-governor-praises-federal-govs-response-to-hurricane-harvey-video/
I blame Rick Perry for praying for rain.
(08-30-2017, 12:20 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: That was an ignorant thing for him to say.

That said, how do comments by a peon (and possibly insane) prof at a tiny university rate prime time? It's not like he is the POTUS, eh.  Ninja

Hierarchy of importance and weight of social media comments according to the Daily Wire

1. Guys on facebook claiming to get stabbed
2. Cofounders of city level BLM groups
3. liberal professors at small colleges

4. city level Democratic politicians
5. state level Democratic politicians 
6. Liberal celebrities
7. Federal level Democratic politicians 
283. The President of the United States... if he is Republican (basically meaningless, just venting, do not take as a serious expression of his thoughts or beliefs or intended policy decisions)
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
He might want to check out how the people of Houston vote.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-30-2017, 08:09 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Hierarchy of importance and weight of social media comments according to the Daily Wire

1. Guys on facebook claiming to get stabbed
2. Cofounders of city level BLM groups
3. liberal professors at small colleges

4. city level Democratic politicians
5. state level Democratic politicians 
6. Liberal celebrities
7. Federal level Democratic politicians 
283. The President of the United States... if he is Republican (basically meaningless, just venting, do not take as a serious expression of his thoughts or beliefs or intended policy decisions)

Wow...a lot of defending this college professor goin on.

College too small, Daily Wire...

Why should the DW report on Trump?  Certainly you must have gotten your fill from the MSM by now.
(08-30-2017, 01:07 AM)Vlad Wrote: Uh oh..CNN screwed up and let this one get through...but don't count on them harping on it.

Democratic La. governor praises federal governments response to Harvey.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/29/louisianas-dem-governor-praises-federal-govs-response-to-hurricane-harvey-video/

Well isn't it a given that a Democrat would praise the federal level of government?  Smirk

All seriousness aside we see political parties seem to matter a lot less when there is a disaster and people need and get help.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-30-2017, 10:30 AM)Vlad Wrote: Wow...a lot of defending this college professor goin on.

College too small, Daily Wire...

Why should the DW report on Trump?  Certainly you must have gotten your fill from the MSM by now.

I see shitty irrelevant people say disgusting things online every day. Yesterday someone told me that the emancipation proclamation was immoral because the slaves no longer had food, houses, jobs and died. I didn't start a thread over it.

I get amused at the level of outrage certain people demonstrate over things like this while they remain silent over destructive public policies that do actual harm. I am even more amused when it's a media source and not some guy trolling the internet.

Just noticed way down below SunsetBengal had posted this story.

Mods combine if you wish.
(08-30-2017, 12:48 AM)Vlad Wrote: I don't think size matters...pun intended. 

This guy reflects the Trump hate that runs deep in all of academia. Unfortunately for him he couldn't keep his hate in check.

He's just a hater.

Well then. Clearly we need to reject academics when professors get together and elect such a mustang representative as this, eh.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(08-30-2017, 10:49 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote:  I get amused at the level of outrage certain people demonstrate over things like this while they remain silent over destructive public policies that do actual harm. 

Like all the harmful public policies that those white supremacists legislated?

They don't affect my life in the least, nor do they yours, nor do they my black co worker.

Not even sure their little parade makes the news had they been left alone or ignored.
(08-30-2017, 11:06 AM)Vlad Wrote: Like all the harmful public policies that those white supremacists legislated?

They don't affect my life in the least, nor do they yours, nor do they my black co worker.

Not even sure their little parade makes the news had they been left alone or ignored.

Their violence certainly affected Heather Heyer's life and those around her. I wasn't referring to Nazis, but since you brought them up, the level of outrage people have over tweets versus murders is also amusing. 

Zona specifically made reference to the fact that conservative media outlets have an odd fascination with the tweets of random individuals in imagined positions of power while ignoring the statements of conservative politicians, specifically Trump. I was specifically concerned, when I mentioned destructive public policy, with the lack of outrage over Texas politicians who have a track record of not supporting aid for helping those who have had their world upended by hurricanes but now expect to get the aid they didn't want others to have. 

(08-30-2017, 12:48 AM)Vlad Wrote: I don't think size matters...pun intended. 

He's just a hater.

These are the kind of sweeping generalizations that exaggerate our problems.

Small school professor makes idiotic statement about Trump, ergo all academia is anti-Trump.
Maybe the anger is misplaced by the right here.  Maybe Texas is flooding because of the gays!   Ninja

In that vein...from 2016.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pastor-calls-hurricanes-god-punishment-gays-home-floods-article-1.2756317

Quote:Louisiana pastor, who believes natural disasters are God's way of punishing gays, sees home flooded

[Image: gop-2016-convention.jpg]
Tony Perkins speaking on the final day of the 2016 Republican National Convention.
 (J. SCOTT APPLEWHITE/AP)

Thursday, August 18, 2016, 11:56 AM

The Louisiana residence of an anti-gay pastor has been flooded less than a year after he called a hurricane a message from God.
Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, referred to the flood hitting his state as being "of near biblical proportions" on the lobby group's podcast.

In 2015, Perkins agreed with Pastor Jonathan Cahn's assessment that Hurricane Joaquin, which devastated parts of the Bahamas, was a sign of God's unhappiness over, among other things, abortions and the legalization of gay marriage.
"God is trying to send us a message," said Perkins.

In the past, the head of the organization that was designated a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center has also defended Uganda's decision to target gays, opposed the overturning of "Don't ask, don't tell" and called pedophilia a "homosexual problem."

"We had to escape from our home Saturday by canoe," Perkins said on the podcast. "We had about 10 feet of water at the end of our driveway. Our house flooded, a few of our cars flooded.”
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-28-2017, 07:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness those hats say MADE IN THE USA, so unless that is one of Trump's one bazillion lies we honestly have to thank him for putting Americans back to work. It would have been a larf if he would have said during his campaign that he's going to bring manufacturing jobs back to America by putting Americans to work manufacturing overpriced, Mike Love-style rope hats.

Assuming the hats are made by a Trump-owned business and profits are going to Trump...is this the first time a US president used the direct fact that he is president to employ members of the populace to manufacture stuff for him? Is this as interesting as I'm making it out to be.

Well....there are lots of places things can be made and still labeled "made in the USA".

http://www.themadeinamericamovement.com/american-made/know-the-difference-between-made-in-usa-and-assembled-in-usa/
(08-30-2017, 11:20 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Their violence certainly affected Heather Heyer's life and those around her. I wasn't referring to Nazis, but since you brought them up, the level of outrage people have over tweets versus murders is also amusing. 

Zona specifically made reference to the fact that conservative media outlets have an odd fascination with the tweets of random individuals in imagined positions of power while ignoring the statements of conservative politicians, specifically Trump. I was specifically concerned, when I mentioned destructive public policy, with the lack of outrage over Texas politicians who have a track record of not supporting aid for helping those who have had their world upended by hurricanes but now expect to get the aid they didn't want others to have. 

They didn't support a disaster bill loaded with pork if I remember correctly.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-30-2017, 11:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe the anger is misplaced by the right here.  Maybe Texas is flooding because of the gays!   Ninja

In that vein...from 2016.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pastor-calls-hurricanes-god-punishment-gays-home-floods-article-1.2756317

I find this worse than some stupid professor because a pastor should know better. He or she should know God better than that.
(08-30-2017, 11:55 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They didn't support a disaster bill loaded with pork if I remember correctly.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/41/all-actions?overview=closed#tabs

If that's what he's referring to, passed House and Senate without amendment, just a straight up $9 billion FEMA increase to help those effected by Sandy. Cruze and Cornyn were both against it. A few other GOP lawmakers were against it, but as I understand it, they  were more upset because they wanted to tack on tax breaks or spending cuts and that was nixed by leadership. 
(08-30-2017, 11:57 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I find this worse than some stupid professor because a pastor should know better. He or she should know God better than that.

There are quite a few clergy I follow on social media that have been making some rather interesting puns about Osteen and this guy.