Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Irma
(09-08-2017, 03:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: Just NE of Columbia just before Elgin near Pontiac.
We're in an unincorporated area by about 3 1/2 feet in every direction.. 

Ah...I'm down on James Island in Charleston.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 07:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We got the call today. We are sending 3 tankers with Diesel and Gasoline into Florida........

Mellow   Kill it with fire?...... Cool

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 08:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Damn, I've got a close friend that lives in St. Pete.  I hope he caught a flight to PA and is at him Mom's in Blairsville.

My Father closed on a house in Apollo Beach two Fridays ago.....Welcome to Florida!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 08:05 PM)Griever Wrote: how nice of the ***** hurrican to shift west and hit naples and ride up the west coast of the state

le sigh

if i dont post after this weekend, you'll know im dead

Yep, two days ago I thought I was safe. Now I have no idea as it inches further and further west. I still plan to ride it out, but that could change in the next 12 hours or so. Everyone stay safe out there!

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 01:14 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yep, two days ago I thought I was safe. Now I have no idea as it inches further and further west. I still plan to ride it out, but that could change in the next 12 hours or so. Everyone stay safe out there!

**** man, use your head and be smart. My wife's retired uncle and aunt are in Cape Coral, literally 1 street out of a mandatory evacuation zone and up against the canal. They're planning on riding it out at home. Everyone is pleading with them to get out but they insist they'll be okay. He's worried that people will loot his house if he leaves. The materialistic cheap bastard could lose his life over his stubbornness. I'm honestly getting sick over it. They have no idea what they are up against. Time is running out. Hopefully when the winds pick up, they wise up and GTFO of there. The only place worse for them to be is right on the ocean. 

Be safe. Be smart.
Reply/Quote
At least Cuba is doing its part to weaken it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 08:05 PM)Griever Wrote: how nice of the ***** hurrican to shift west and hit naples and ride up the west coast of the state

le sigh

if i dont post after this weekend, you'll know im dead

Looks like we are both going to get it.... you will get the hurricane and I we will end up getting the right side of the storm.... ugh.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 05:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Looks like we are both going to get it....  you will get the hurricane and I we will end up getting the right side of the storm.... ugh.
Good Lord, I have a real good Army friend in Miami who stayed. An Aunt and 2 cousins who also decided to stay who reside in Ft Myers. Then Bengals Board bro down there as well. I worry for all. Glad you got out Lucie. I swear, myself? I could not stay during that shit. Would have been aiming my middle finger to the coastline and heading north with family and beer.

Reply/Quote
house is boarded up, time to hunker down and play video games till the power goes out
People suck
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 05:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good Lord, I have a real good Army friend in Miami who stayed. An Aunt and 2 cousins who also decided to stay who reside in Ft Myers. Then Bengals Board bro down there as well. I worry for all. Glad you got out Lucie. I swear, myself? I could not stay during that shit. Would have been aiming my middle finger to the coastline and heading north with family and beer.

Florida people don't care lol. Hurricanes are part of the deal when you move.

Now I have been trying to convince my wife that we should buy a home on st croix. Irma has basically set that discussion back years lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 06:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Florida people don't care lol.   Hurricanes are part of the deal when you move.  

Now I have been trying to convince my wife that we should buy a home on st croix.  Irma has basically set that discussion back years lol.

Yeah. Fugged you are in that discussion.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 06:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah. Fugged you are in that discussion.

I did try and convince her that now is the time to get the best deal. Lol
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 06:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I did try and convince her that now is the time to get the best deal. Lol

Good thinking. It actually is.

Reply/Quote
My gf's 42 year old son lives in Orlando and JUST announced his intention to divorce his wife of 20 years. 
It's probably not the greatest timing, but at least he's finally growing a spine. She's an exceedingly manipulative Iranian woman who earns about 4 times as much as he does. He gave up on all of his dreams of becoming a special effects movie makeup artist and having children of his own just to get hung with the *****.. 
Maybe he'll get lucky and she and her spoiled rotten daughters will drown and he'll get the house and all the crap in it except he's planning to ride out the hurricane in the car, maybe with his best friend from grade school..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 06:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I did try and convince her that now is the time to get the best deal. Lol

Invest in a bulldozer .. You'd make enough to buy a county or two..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 11:24 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Ah...I'm down on James Island in Charleston.

How are the tides down thataway about now? The weather here now couldn't be nicer if it tried, but I'm expecting it to get somewhat damp and windy  overnight .. I did manage to cut the grass today so I won't have to rake it after all the rain.. 

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 08:17 PM)grampahol Wrote: My gf's 42 year old son lives in Orlando and JUST announced his intention to divorce his wife of 20 years. 
It's probably not the greatest timing, but at least he's finally growing a spine. She's an exceedingly manipulative Iranian woman who earns about 4 times as much as he does. He gave up on all of his dreams of becoming a special effects movie makeup artist and having children of his own just to get hung with the *****.. 
Maybe he'll get lucky and she and her spoiled rotten daughters will drown and he'll get the house and all the crap in it except he's planning to ride out the hurricane in the car, maybe with his best friend from grade school..

Um...a lot to unpack here.  Good luck to all of them, I guess.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 08:17 PM)grampahol Wrote: My gf's 42 year old son lives in Orlando and JUST announced his intention to divorce his wife of 20 years. 

If he's 42 and his life was sucked out of him by an Iranian goop chute, than that's GF's fault. She should have taken him fishing and not let him into the position to meet and fall stupidly in love with a HO from another country where cultures dont merge. Had a few friends who married Korean girls, all divorced. Money Hungry. Feel like they hit the lottery and don't need you no more. They clean houses well, but that's pretty much all. 

Come'on Gramps? Wishing death on the spoiled rotten daughters is not the answer. Call Trump and have them deported. Then they will learn life from their mainland! What the hell? 

Good for him for making the call. I dont think the timing is right, should have been done in a parking spot in front of the courthouse. Shock and awe! Now take your ass fishing and don't worry about this nonsense.

Reply/Quote
You're right. I shouldn't wish death on anyone, but she's not getting deported. She works in sensitive government computer stuff and has been a US citizen too long.  If she were deported she would likely be charged as a spy and executed by Iranians. 
Truth be told he should have left her years ago, but he's the type who was too scared to go out on his own and risk being broke. 
How many people have you known in your life who stay in a lousy relationship over being afraid of having to make it on their own? 
I've walked away from relationships with nothing a few times in my life. It's not easy and definitely not fun to lose everything you own, but it can also bring freedom to start over from scratch. There is a certain freedom that comes with not having to lug all your crap around and find somewhere to put it all. 
I came to SC with basically the clothes on my back and little else and now have a fully equipped wood working shop and a great relationship with the kid's mother.. I know now that if I lose everything I can reacquire it all over again in just a few years.. 

Reply/Quote
this is why im moving up north in a little bit
People suck
Reply/Quote