Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hurst, Bates, and Perine
All had good games today.
We got silch from our backup RBs and we got silch from our TEs.
Hill did have an INT but Bates had 2 plus a forced fumble.

Point being maybe we shouldn't have taken these players for granted.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Umm...ok.

I would have loved to keep all 3. Didn't work out.

Hurst had 41 yards receiving and a 4 yard TD. Hardly Travis Kelce.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Umm...ok.

I would have loved to keep all 3. Didn't work out.

Hurst had 41 yards receiving and a 4 yard TD. Hardly Travis Kelce.

This.

We didn’t lose this game because of a TE, a RB2, and a Safety. The Browns have kicked our ass even with those guys.

It’s a Zac Taylor/Joe Burrow problem. The Browns completely own both of them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This.

We didn’t lose this game because of a TE, a RB2, and a Safety. The Browns have kicked our ass even with those guys.

The love Perine gets now that he's gone fascinates me. Some people blamed him for the SB.

The one announcer was talking about how he interviewed Zac and asked him about the Browns dominance...and noted that Zac had really no insight into why. That was telling.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This.

If Zac has a bad day, Burrow can at least sometimes make up for it. If Burrow has a bad day, Zac is lost. I said the words "f*cking dumbass" at least 40 times today.

Barry Switzer
Mike McCarthy
Jon Gruden
Gary Kubiak
Zac Taylor
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:18 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: If Zac has a bad day, Burrow can at least sometimes make up for it. If Burrow has a bad day, Zac is lost. I said the words "f*cking dumbass" at least 40 times today.

Barry Switzer
Mike McCarthy
Jon Gruden
Gary Kubiak
Zac Taylor

Well, many times last year the offense would have a slow start...the 2nd or 3rd quarter Burrow throw a 15 yard pass to Chase and he take it to the house. Or a 40 yard throw to Tee that he makes a crazy catch on.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The love Perine gets now that he's gone fascinates me. Some people blamed him for the SB.

The one announcer was talking about how he interviewed Zac and asked him about the Browns dominance...and noted that Zac had really no insight into why. That was telling.

I think a lot of it really does come down to them just being a bad matchup on paper. Elite pass rusher, elite run game/OL, and good CB’s to take away what we do best. Why they’re so much better at executing their game plan against us than they are against everyone else idk.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think a lot of it really does come down to them just being a bad matchup on paper. Elite pass rusher, elite run game/OL, and good CB’s to take away what we do best. Why they’re so much better at executing their game plan against us than they are against everyone else idk.

I think Stefanski outcomes Zac too...atleast defense of offense.
Reply/Quote
To be fair, Irv had a lot of 3rd down receptions ... albeit well short of the first down marker
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:18 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: If Zac has a bad day, Burrow can at least sometimes make up for it. If Burrow has a bad day, Zac is lost. I said the words "f*cking dumbass" at least 40 times today.

Barry Switzer
Mike McCarthy
Jon Gruden
Gary Kubiak
Zac Taylor

100% Accurate.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well, many times last year the offense would have a slow start...the 2nd or 3rd quarter Burrow throw a 15 yard pass to Chase and he take it to the house. Or a 40 yard throw to Tee that he makes a crazy catch on.

I expect us to get back to form, but the lack of what were oddly consistent miracles in the form of saying "Well, we will get 7 right before the half thanks to Chase" and not getting it this time reminded me a bit of how in 2009 we just magically pulled wins out at the last second and then in 2010 we just magically pulled every defeat out of the same hat.

I'll admit, I was waiting, no expecting, for that insane Burrow to Chase miracle we all know is coming to appear and turn the tide into one where we just steamrolled the rest of the game and came out stinkin' like a rose.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:56 PM)J24 Wrote: All had good games today.

Our safeties played fine.

Mixon averaged over 4 yards, Evans averaged 6.

Burrow could have been throwing to Gronk, Moss and Rice today with Marshall Faulk at RB2, wouldnt have mattered.  

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:18 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: If Zac has a bad day, Burrow can at least sometimes make up for it. If Burrow has a bad day, Zac is lost. 

I respect John Oates, but if Darryl Hall isn't brining a hit to the album they're probably missing the top 40.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The love Perine gets now that he's gone fascinates me. Some people blamed him for the SB.

How is it hard to understand? He was one of the better third down backs last season. Rushing, receiving, and blocking.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I respect John Oates, but if Darryl Hall isn't brining a hit to the album they're probably missing the top 40.

Great now I'll be singing Rich Girl for the next hour or so... my girlfriend thanks you  Hilarious

PS... Hall and Oates rules. That is all.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:46 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Great now I'll be singing Rich Girl for the next hour or so... my girlfriend thanks you  Hilarious

PS... Hall and Oates rules. That is all.

Agreed.  And I'll admit I know that Oates led two solo compositions that hit #28 and #30 with "Back Together Again" and "How Does It Feel To Be Back." 
Reply/Quote
Yup missing those three was the difference today. It was obvious to anyone. If they had two of the three they win a close one, and all three they would have flipped the score most likely.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:46 PM)J24 Wrote: How is it hard to understand? He was one of the better third down backs last season. Rushing, receiving, and blocking.

Loved perine
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:56 PM)J24 Wrote: All had good games today.

Hill did just fine especially for the $$ we saved.. We thought we had Perine signed, he jumped and really you can;t judge todays game on RB backups.. they only carried 4 times, though Evans had 6 yard avg..  Mixon had a solid game that is what counts.. Burrow was so off, it would not have mattered if hurst played or not
Reply/Quote