Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hurst Looks Like Our Gronk, Kelce, Kittle
The Big Guy is looking very good for Bengals. Hurst gives Bengals a Top Tight End also on this march to a Super Bowl win.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Hurst is a tough guy. He has been making critical catches lately. Glad he has come around with the Bengals.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Hurst is great for our offense. Right now he lacks the YAC that separates those 3 from the competition. But they also never played on teams with the WR depth as the Bengals have. Hayden is happy here. I hope the get a deal done to keep him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hurst is a great addition to our team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All comes down to $$, we can;t afford to invest that much with Hurst and im sure he has moved the bar for other teams to look at him that have more needs at WR/TE, regardless we need to plan for the future and draft a quality TE..
Reply/Quote
Hurst is great. I love his energy he brings. Like others said, we can’t break the bank for him, but I’m not sure if he will want to break the bank. obviously, money talks, but he does genuinely seem like he wants to be here. Hard telling until the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 08:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: All comes down to $$, we can;t afford to invest that much with Hurst and im sure he has moved the bar for other teams to look at him that have more needs at WR/TE, regardless we need to plan for the future and draft a quality TE..

I think for Hayden, as important as money is, his mental health is more important than money.  Especially, after his stays in Baltimore and Atlanta, finding a place he is comfortable both mentally and football-wise, is essential for him.  

If any player would take a "hometown" discount, it would be Hayden

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 08:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: All comes down to $$, we can;t afford to invest that much with Hurst and im sure he has moved the bar for other teams to look at him that have more needs at WR/TE, regardless we need to plan for the future and draft a quality TE..

Don't agree with you. First off, he's not going to break the bank, imo, and if they can't sign Tee then he becomes even more important. Secondly, he has not only become a huuuge asset for Burrow and the offense but he's become a primary option in this offense and not what CJ was here for. Hurst now requires actual awareness in both underneath and downfield coverage which takes a LB or S away from the LOS in the run game and also takes away a defender from the WR's.

It's no coincidence this offense started to gel with him getting the ball more.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:58 AM)kevin Wrote: The Big Guy is looking very good for Bengals.  Hurst gives Bengals a Top Tight End also on this march to a Super Bowl win.

Before the one at the end zone that sailed a bit on Burrow (probably the only throw he missed and it was still close), Hurst was 5 receptions on 5 targets for 59 yards and a TD.  He was also a force when asked to block.  Complete game from the Viking.  And it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  I'm pulling for him every day. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 09:41 AM)pally Wrote: I think for Hayden, as important as money is, his mental health is more important than money.  Especially, after his stays in Baltimore and Atlanta, finding a place he is comfortable both mentally and football-wise, is essential for him.  

If any player would take a "hometown" discount, it would be Hayden

I think Apple & Bell (as OSU guys) may fall into this category as well. Maybe Burrow, as well, because he wants to win as many SBs as possible. 
Reply/Quote
Hurst is the TE we always wanted but never got for many years!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 10:30 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Hurst is the TE we always wanted but never got for many years!

He's a tough guy. Loved that catch yesterday where he took a low hit but held the ball with 2 hands against his body to protect it at all cost regardless of the hit he was going to receive. That's blue collar heart right there. 

Reply/Quote
Hurst is nowhere near Gronk, Kittle, or Kelce levels of production.
Reply/Quote
I'll go Gronk-Kelce-lite since he's nowhere close to their talent or stat production. I get the point though, Hurst has been great for this team. I hope he's back next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:05 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Hurst is nowhere near Gronk, Kittle, or Kelce levels of production.

No he's not but the good thing is he doesn't have to be.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 10:30 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Hurst is the TE we always wanted but never got for many years!

I don’t know about that. Tyler Eiffert was really good during his stay here. I do like Hurst, though!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:19 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: I don’t know about that.  Tyler Eiffert was really good during his stay here.  I do like Hurst, though!

Yeah, Eiffert was good as a receiver, specially in the red zone. Hurst is Eiffert with muscle (could be used as a FB too), which is the ideal TE (strong).
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:19 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: I don’t know about that.  Tyler Eiffert was really good during his stay here.  I do like Hurst, though!

Loved TE but I believe he also may be alluding to the fact that the best ability you can have is availability which Eifert rarely had. 7 years here and only played 10 games or more 3 times.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 06:45 AM)pally Wrote: Hurst is great for our offense.  Right now he lacks the YAC that separates those 3 from the competition.  But they also never played on teams with the WR depth as the Bengals have.  Hayden is happy here.  I hope the get a deal done to keep him

Well said.

Hurst is a good TE, but he's not in the Kelce/Kittle/Gronk category.

Those TEs are so good in the receiving game that they've climbed their way into the top 1-2 receiving options on their teams.

Hurst has been better in the playoffs than the regular season though.
He's made some nice catches and has a 11.6 YPR compared to his regular-season 8.0 YPR.
If Hurst had maintained his playoff YPR in the regular season, he would have had 600+ yards and been considered just in the Top 10 among TEs this year.

Hurst I think can become a solid 3rd option, but I dunno if he'll ever get into the Kittle/Kelce/Gronk tier without being on a team with not much in terms of WRs and thus getting force-fed targets out of necessity.

Happy to have him on the team and he's been a good Uzomah replacement overall.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm of course not saying Hurst has had a career like Gronk, Kelce or Kittle,, but he is having their kind of season right now. Here is why and it's far different from Eifert who was like an extra WR often. Hurst truly is a Big Tight End. Nobody would mistake him for a WR. Also Hurst plays with a high motor, very intense.

Here is the real comparison. As the Bengals WR are very talented in the way Hill was talented for Chiefs, a Hill needs a Kelce. Now with Bengals WRs such as Chase, we have Hurst finding those Kelce holes in the defense and Burrow gets it to Hurst. Hurst will make the tough Kelce or Kittle catches in the middle of the field. Like a Kelce or a Kittle. more and more Burrow is gong to Hurst to get a bread and butter play 1st down.

Then we have Hurst jumping and leaping and fighting for 1st downs, moving the chains. Moving the ball down the field.

So we can not say we don't have a top TE like the other teams still in the hunt for Super Bowl. We have a very good TE. I'm not talking Fantasy Points nonsense here, I'm talking a big tough TE who is very good and has added a Kelce or Kittle look to this offense in the 10 game winning streak. Chase is not a one trick pony as sometimes Chad or AJ were sometimes. Burrow has more pass options than Chase with Higgins, Boyd and other WRs, and this Hurst has came on to be a Go To guy Burrow uses often. Like Kelce, Hurst sits down there in the middle and Burrow lays it right in for a 1st down, and Hurst makes the play getting hit but he lays on his own hits to the defense.

As for next season, I'm not talking next season or contracts or draft day. I'm talking winning The Super Bowl over the next 2 games, and Bengals can do it. So the talk will be on Kelce and Kittle as their teams go for Super Bowl, but there are no flies on Hurst. Bengals have a top notch TE also. He's very talented and tough and keeps fighting for those much needed 1st downs. Hurst is a huge reason the Bengals are moving the ball up the field in 10 game win steak. He makes a nice big target for Burrow like a Kelce or Kittle, and Burrow is using Hurst the same as a Go To Guy, Bread and Butter 1st down chain mover.

The Bills couldn't handle Hurst in the 1st quarter of the first game or in the play-off game. Hurst took it to The Bills in both games. This Burrow to Hurst combo has became awesome, and just makes Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, Perine and others look very Super Bowl Win possible, plus the great Bengals Defense.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote