Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurts me to say it...
But this is a lost season...

Today proved that we are not capable of winning in the bright lights (again) and that we are the same old Bungles. We had a chance to get a bye and get Andy back in divisional round. But we bungled and lost the game and now are looking at a wildcard.

Defense played absolutely terrible and offense just couldn't get anything done in the second half. It's like we gave up. I don't think I've ever been so pissed at the Bengals for effing it up.

I don't see us beating the Jets or Steelers ... I guess we shall wait till next season (again).
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Defense gave up 17 in regulation. That's not terrible. We had a guy making his 2nd start in Denver against the #1 defense. Geno limited. Ioloka out. Injuries during the game. Eifert out.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Defense played great. You can't ask for much more than what they did. The offense couldn't stay on the field, so the defense got tired.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:13 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Defense played great. You can't ask for much more than what they did. The offense couldn't stay on the field, so the defense got tired.

Yeah, the offense needed to put together another long drive and the outcome would have been different. Would have liked to see a turnover by the defense though.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:16 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, the offense needed to put together another long drive and the outcome would have been different. Would have liked to see a turnover by the defense though.

The defense did get a turnover
Reply/Quote
If anything this game proved to me that they can play with anyone, in any conditions, in any venue. It wasn't perfect and it didn't turn out the way any of us wanted but that team played their guts out and are going to be a tough out come playoff time.

Reply/Quote
That was a big game to put on AJ's shoulders. It didn't work out, but it was some experience. A playoff victory was already unlikely with Dalton out. We've been giving young players snaps and we should continue to do so with an eye on the future. We should start with benching Lamur for Dawson.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:04 AM)milksheikh Wrote: But this is a lost season...

Today proved that we are not capable of winning in the bright lights (again) and that we are the same old Bungles. We had a chance to get a bye and get Andy back in divisional round. But we bungled and lost the game and now are looking at a wildcard.

Defense played absolutely terrible and offense just couldn't get anything done in the second half. It's like we gave up. I don't think I've ever been so pissed at the Bengals for effing it up.

I don't see us beating the Jets or Steelers ... I guess we shall wait till next season (again).

I just don't think that's true.  We will get Eifert back and hopefully Dalton back for the playoffs.  It's going to be ok.
Reply/Quote
To be honest, I thought the game was lost before the final Dever Missed FG.. and I was actually going to say how proud I was of the team for sticking it out.. But for losing in OT like that BS BS BS
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:23 AM)jj22 Wrote: That was a big game to put on AJ's shoulders. It didn't work out, but it was some experience.  A playoff victory was already unlikely with Dalton out. We've been giving young players snaps and we should continue to do so with an eye on the future. We should start with benching Lamur for Dawson.

If I can stand to watch this team after this season I am excited to see what Dawson brings. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:24 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I just don't think that's true.  We will get Eifert back and hopefully Dalton back for the playoffs.  It's going to be ok.

Without the bye we play at least one without dalton. This game was so big, of course they ffumble it away
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:24 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I just don't think that's true.  We will get Eifert back and hopefully Dalton back for the playoffs.  It's going to be ok.

It's the Bengals. I wouldn't bank on either of them. Eifert will probably last all of half a quarter anyway even if he does.  So excited about him early but now it's obvious he can't stay on the field. 
Reply/Quote
Fan of 35 years here in California....If it's not obvious they're gonna lose the first playoff game you're blind, Team is cursed. When they lost Dalton their fate was sealed....sorry to say all that. Bummed
Reply/Quote
I still have hope the Chargers can beat the Broncos. They're A LOT better than what their record says.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:04 AM)milksheikh Wrote: But this is a lost season...

[Image: filepicker%2FvtWZTTlURRrNFdRERAnl_Jump_f...bridge.jpg]
Reply/Quote
One and done yet again....Lords will.
Reply/Quote
I didn't want to be one of the ones believing we're done..

But it will take a miracle for a win in playoffs for us.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
This team has been good, but not good enough for the last 5 seasons now. That's what's so frustrating. You feel like they are right there, ready to knock the door down, and they can't.

This season looked very promising, but everyone is in "1st round layoff loss" panic now after tonight's loss. D is solid. O without Dalton is suspect, even though AJM has played as well as can be expected. The killer has been the awful running game. Can't win in the playoffs with AJM w/o at least a decent running game.

My confidence level we will win at least 1 playoff game this year is not high at this point.
Reply/Quote
Hue can't call plays under the bright lights.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:42 AM)Brandon00151 Wrote: Hue can't call plays

These are the same people who will be crying when he gets offered a head coaching position after the season. Fact: Jackson is the best OC we have had in a LONG time.
Reply/Quote