Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurts to see Munoz wearing Browns gear
(05-27-2017, 12:07 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: actually that is not correct.. Munoz and Willie have both come into the Bengals camps at time and tutored players

Yeah, pretty sure I remember seeing Munoz at camp down in Georgetown years ago. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2017, 12:07 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: actually that is not correct.. Munoz and Willie have both come into the Bengals camps at time and tutored players

They have asked multiple times. I remember Willie asking to come in and work with Andre Smith shortly after he was drafted. It wasn't until years later where Willie was invited and he was here for a day or two.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2017, 03:47 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: They have asked multiple times. I remember Willie asking to come in and work with Andre Smith shortly after he was drafted. It wasn't until years later where Willie was invited and he was here for a day or two.

I can see why the front office might say no to that situation. If my employer brought in someone to show 1 of my golfers how to swing, I'd be a little pissed myself...
 I see you live in Vancouver, I'm in Olympia! Not to many of us out here....
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2017, 06:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We have had retired Steeler Greats in camp as Coaching Interns. No big deal. If munoz is finally wanting to get into coaching hopefully the Bengals reach out to him

(05-25-2017, 08:16 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Meh.

Things like this happen where former players go to coach other teams. As stated earlier, we've had Steelers come and intern coach or whatever here.

No big deal.

Looks like the Bengals will have former Steelers great Levon Kirkland as a coaching intern this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2017, 04:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Looks like the Bengals will have former Steelers great Levon Kirkland as a coaching intern this year.

I hope he brings Carnell Lake with him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2017, 06:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We have had retired Steeler Greats in camp as Coaching Interns. No big deal. If munoz is finally wanting to get into coaching hopefully the Bengals reach out to him

Pretty much.

Good on Munoz for coaching, better on the browns for letting him
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 10:51 AM)bengals67 Wrote: if he wants to coach -hard to understand why Munoz is not already on Bengals staff

He's never going to give up his TV analyst gig.  Most of the greats that are in TV now realize that it's just to easy to show up, get paid and yak about the thing you know more about than anything.

When Kenny Anderson (probably my all time cicncy fave at QB) was the QB coach in shitsburgh with rottenberger - that broke my heart! Pitt Sux
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2017, 03:47 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: They have asked multiple times. I remember Willie asking to come in and work with Andre Smith shortly after he was drafted. It wasn't until years later where Willie was invited and he was here for a day or two.

Wyche offered to mentor Dalton a couple years ago, I thought I remembered Willie stating he would be happy to help Og.  Don't worry, Piano Man's got this. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 03:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wyche offered to mentor Dalton a couple years ago, I thought I remembered Willie stating he would be happy to help Og.  Don't worry, Piano Man's got this. Mellow

I'm pretty sure Willie has mentioned helping Ced. However, Willie was invited back either in 2014 or 2015. I believe he was pretty much a spectator while the media was around so I don't know if he got to work with the OL once the cameras were gone.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2017, 05:17 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/5/25/15692870/anthony-munoz-working-browns-during-otas

Sad seeing the great one helping the bad guys Sad

Just blame Mike Brown.

Reply/Quote