Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Husted Decision
Since a few of you are in Ohio, I was curious how you felt about this case. Opinion here: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/17pdf/16-980_f2q3.pdf

What HUSTED, OHIO SECRETARY OF STATE v. A. PHILIP RANDOLPH INSTITUTE ET AL. is all about, is that the purging of inactive voters from the rolls. It's a statutory interpretation for the NVRA, and not a constitutional one, so this is something that can be changed legislatively. I'm curious, though, how people feel about people being purged from the voting rolls overall.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I think getting it cancelled after missing 2 years of voting is harsh. We should be trying harder to get people to vote. Not making it harder for those law abiding citizens who may have missed a midterm to vote.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
2 years? That's a bit ridiculous.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
You don't get taken off after 2 years. If you move and don't register at you new address or vote at you current address for 2 years you are put on a watch list. If you have not further voting activity for the next 4 years you are removed. It actually takes 6 years total to remove someone.
Some people view getting less people to vote as the same as convincing more people to vote for you or your cause.

What does that say about them and their causes?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]