Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypnotizing Power: The Story Of Master Of Puppets
Masterpiece Of Puppets is more like it. Completely changed Metal music. 90% of every Metal band on the planet went to their producer, handed them this album and said "THIS is what I want to sound like". 

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
M.O.P. was definitely a game changer. THEN, we discovered that they had actually made some even better music before that album.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
They were such a powerhouse for the first 4 albums. Then they became one of the most frustrating bands on the planet. It's so tough to know what they're capable of and keep getting turd piles like they've cranked out for the last quarter century.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 03:40 PM)samhain Wrote: They were such a powerhouse for the first 4 albums.  Then they became one of the most frustrating bands on the planet.  It's so tough to know what they're capable of and keep getting turd piles like they've cranked out for the last quarter century.

If your Metallica taste is anything like mine, then Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning, and Master of Puppets is their ultimate trilogy.  And Justice for All was kind of the swan song of their creative juices, and everything since has just been money making production crap.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Still remember when I first heard that record in 1987... As soon the guitar riff kicked in on Battery I was blown away... Wtf is this? My next thought was... Let's see what this Megadeth is all about. That led to Anthrax and Slayer. Master of Puppets was my primer for fast, aggressive music.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Viv Campbell guitarist of Dio's band was originally in the band Sweet Savage.

That band is the spark for Metallica's sound.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Metallica just three years after releasing Master Of Puppets touring on the And Justice For All album. Metallica before they evolved into Superstars.

This is an awesome setting in Meath, Ireland with Slane Castle in the background on the left of the stage. Only one day left until they pull it. It's a fundraiser show for hunger and other COVID-19 related needs. Some of the greatest concert camera shots I've ever seen.

Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Performing Master Of Puppets in it's entirety 14 years ago on Master Of Puppets 20th anniversary tour.

[color=var(--yt-spec-text-primary)]3:45 Motorbreath 
7:10 Fuel 
11:20 Wherever I May Roam 
18:40 The New Song (Live Debut)
27:20 Kirk Solo 1
29:11 The Unforgiven 
36:47 Battery 
42:36 Master of Puppets 
51:57 The Thing That Should Not Be
59:00 Kirk Solo 2
59:45 Welcome Home (Sanitarium) 
1:07:33 Disposable Heroes 
1:16:51 Leper Messiah 
1:23:20 Rob solo
1:24:55 Orion 
1:33:35 Damage, Inc. 
ENCORE
1:41:43 Sad But True 
1:47:32 Nothing Else Matters 
1:53:28 One
2:02:17 Enter Sandman 
ENCORE #2
2:12:32 Commando (Ft.Avenged Sevenfold on Background Vocals)
2:15:50 Seek and Destroy
[/color]
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote