Poll: What would you want the Bengals to do at #1?
Draft Trevor Lawrence and let him battle Joe Burrow for the starters job
Draft OT Penei Sewell
Trade the pick
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical 2021 #1 pick
Trade the pick for a Rams-type deal. Sewell looks tremendous but, by most accounts, 2021 should be a pretty loaded draft for both OT and interior line so we'd still be able to fill remaining holes pretty well.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 04:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The hypothetical is if there no NFL season and we somehow win a lottery or however they determine the picks. That’s what I meant by “lucky” enough to get it again.

Oh if there's a lottery the best we can hope for is pick #3. Even though the Bengals may have 50 ping pong balls and the Steelers and Pats one each. I'm sure those would somehow get to picks 1 and 2. But if it did play out the move would be to trade back. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 03:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So this is obviously extremely unlikely, but since we were just discussing it in another thread I figured let’s see how the board would lean.

If there’s no season which option would you want the Bengals to do if they were lucky enough to end up with another #1OA.

I say take Sewell. Need to stock up the trenches.

But not against trading the pick for a king's ransom as they say. No pick is a sure thing.

The only pick I was against trading was this years as I think Burrow was the most sure thing in some time.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 06:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I say take Sewell. Need to stock up the trenches.

But not against trading the pick for a king's ransom as they say. No pick is a sure thing.

The only pick I was against trading was this years as I think Burrow was the most sure thing in some time.

Right there with you. Normally I’d say trading the pick is a no brainer if you already have your QB, but Sewell is being talked about as a “generational” talent. And was rated the 3rd highest player last year by PFF (behind only Burrow & Young). He just sounds like a really special player.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Penei-Sewell-Oregon-Ducks-Football-2021-NFL-Draft--146794103/

I have high hopes for Jonah, but I don’t know that he has that kind of ceiling.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 06:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right there with you. Normally I’d say trading the pick is a no brainer if you already have your QB, but Sewell is being talked about as a “generational” talent. And was rated the 3rd highest player last year by PFF (behind only Burrow & Young). He just sounds like a really special player.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Penei-Sewell-Oregon-Ducks-Football-2021-NFL-Draft--146794103/

I have high hopes for Jonah, but I don’t know that he has that kind of ceiling.

Since PFF has been rating College players. Williams is in their top 2 LTs. They didn't say if he was 1 or 2; they were just giving their top 2 from each position. It was Jonah and Tunsil
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Since PFF has been rating College players. Williams is in their top 2. They didn't say if he was 1 or 2; they were just giving their top 2 from each position. It was Jonah and Tunsil

Interesting. Didn’t know that. Still wouldn’t make me be against moving Jonah to RT if we drafted Sewell.

Also, TBF, Jonah came out after 3 years, and so did Tunsil. Sewell has only played 2. Kid is still only 19.

Reply/Quote
Tough one, but I would love to bring in Lawrence to compete with Burrow. He is younger and if he beats out Burrow, you trade Burrow or Lawrence for a lot at end of camp prior to start of new year games

It would just mean we ait a year to get the benefit to decide which young QB has higher ceiling
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 12:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Tough one, but I would love to bring in Lawrence to compete with Burrow. He is younger and if he beats out Burrow, you trade Burrow for a lot at end of camp prior to start of new year games

You’re never getting full value of the pick like that. Arizona ended up trading Rosen (who was a top 10 pick) for a 2nd and a 5th.

Really takes the shine off a guy when you’re like “well we decided we don’t want him but what will you give us for him?!”

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 12:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re never getting full value of the pick like that. Arizona ended up trading Rosen (who was a top 10 pick) for a 2nd and a 5th.

Really takes the shine off a guy when you’re like “well we decided we don’t want him but what will you give us for him?!”

Draft Lawrence and move one of them to "running back". Play em both. Defenses won't know what hit em. Let's see how innovative Zac Taylor is...

I'm kidding... Best non QB available.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 03:52 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Trade for a king's ransom.

Exactly.  I would want at least three first rounders by point system....It could be two this year and a second in each of the next two years, but it would be a haul.  And they would surely get it.

I can't help but wonder if this very unlikely scenario is a part of the hold up on signing Mixon and Green.  
Reply/Quote
I don't see them running the 2021 draft in the same order.
Reply/Quote
Sewell is the logical choice, if we keep the pick and I'm all for him.

But I would definitely trade instead; I'm not good with trade values and the like, but I'd say something like 2 firsts, 2 seconds and a handful of other picks, sprinkled throughout.

The woman also doesn't look as good in my eyes as the rest of the world sees him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Trade it for a Kings ransom.
Reply/Quote
I think it would be fair if they did the draft in a fantasy football style where the team the the #1 overall pick gets the last pick of the second round.

The bad teams should be happy with it cus they still get top picks and the good teams might be satisfied with getting earlier second's at least.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 04:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s not going ahead of Lawrence. LOL

The OSU homerism on this board never ceases to amaze me.

the feeling is the same with your lack of football knowledge!!!!

Reply/Quote
If its 1-1 again were looking at 2 guys who are top tier. Trevor Lawrence and Penai Sewell. My pick is Sewell but I would rather trade down for a package that continues our rebuild!!

if we are trading down I want 5 picks minimum:

2 firsts 2021/2022

2 seconds 2021/2022

1 3rd/4th 2022
Reply/Quote
I'd say trade it if there's a consensus number 1 QB, like we assume Trevor Lawrence may be. Too much value there having already gotten a QB this year and we could really build a young core to surround him with. Hopefully it involves a bidding war, but yes 2 first rounders and 2 seconds minimum. Depending on who wants to trade and what they have available.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 04:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lawrence has played in back-to-back national championships and has only lost one game in college. He’s also 6’6 to Fields 6’3. Dwayne Haskins NFL struggles might scare teams a bit, too. Not saying Fields won’t go top 5, but if you have to choose between the two I think most go with Lawrence.

Three best QBs in the league right now are...

Patrick Mahomes: 6'3
Drew Brees: 6'0
Russell Wilson: 5'11

- - - - -
Redskins were downright negligent with their handling of Haskins. The guy had no business starting Year 1 and I think most teams knew that. Shame they couldn't be competent enough to give him a proper mentor for his rookie year like he clearly needed instead of throwing him to the wolves on a crappy team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 04:46 AM)RASCAL Wrote: the feeling is the same with your lack of football knowledge!!!!

Would you like to make a bet on who goes first between Lawrence and Fields?

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 07:14 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Three best QBs in the league right now are...

Patrick Mahomes: 6'3
Drew Brees: 6'0
Russell Wilson: 5'11

- - - - -
Redskins were downright negligent with their handling of Haskins. The guy had no business starting Year 1 and I think most teams knew that. Shame they couldn't be competent enough to give him a proper mentor for his rookie year like he clearly needed instead of throwing him to the wolves on a crappy team.

Drew Brees is not one of the 3 best QB’s right now. There’s not a team in the league that would currently take him over Lamar Jackson.

And for the record I’m not saying always take the bigger guy, but if it’s close between 2 QB’s it could be a factor.

Reply/Quote