Poll: What would you want the Bengals to do at #1?
Draft Trevor Lawrence and let him battle Joe Burrow for the starters job
Draft OT Penei Sewell
Trade the pick
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical 2021 #1 pick
So this is obviously extremely unlikely, but since we were just discussing it in another thread I figured let’s see how the board would lean.

If there’s no season which option would you want the Bengals to do if they were lucky enough to end up with another #1OA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Trade for a king's ransom.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
You spelled Justin Fields wrong.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 03:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So this is obviously extremely unlikely, but since we were just discussing it in another thread I figured let’s see how the board would lean.

If there’s no season which option would you want the Bengals to do if they were lucky enough to end up with another #1OA.

Trade the pick!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
You really have to look at building out the roster. We just drafted a LT, and #1 overall is way too high for any other spot on the OL. We're set at a lot of other positions.

I've got a kind of wild propsal that isn't listed in the choices. Fat Randy is getting up their in age (and weight). There's a kicker out there that few of heard of, but supposedly he's automatic from 65 yards and in. Can you imagine what that would do to our offense? It could revolutionize the game.

His name is Jack Mioff. He plays for Adams College. He's got a pretty cool youtube channel that you can see some of his kicking feats. He's also got some funny videos with his fraternity borthers (The Tri-Lambs) where they do trick shot videos.'

His youtube channel name is called Jacking Around. Check it out.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 03:55 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: You spelled Justin Fields wrong.

He’s not going ahead of Lawrence. LOL

The OSU homerism on this board never ceases to amaze me.

Reply/Quote
Its obvious you trade the pick to Miami after someone breaks Tua... again.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 04:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You really have to look at building out the roster. We just drafted a LT, and #1 overall is way too high for any other spot on the OL. We're set at a lot of other positions.

I've got a kind of wild propsal that isn't listed in the choices. Fat Randy is getting up their in age (and weight). There's a kicker out there that few of heard of, but supposedly he's automatic from 65 yards and in. Can you imagine what that would do to our offense? It could revolutionize the game.

His name is Jack Mioff. He plays for Adams College. He's got a pretty cool youtube channel that you can see some of his kicking feats. He's also got some funny videos with his fraternity borthers (The Tri-Lambs) where they do trick shot videos.'

His youtube channel name is called Jacking Around. Check it out.

Not your best material.

Reply/Quote
For those that vote trade maybe throw out a minimum realistic offer you’d take.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 04:00 PM)Synric Wrote: Its obvious you trade the pick to Miami after someone breaks Tua... again.

This is assuming there’s no season.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 04:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For those that vote trade maybe throw out a minimum realistic offer you’d take.

For Trevor Lawrence? Two Firsts and Two Seconds.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Even though I voted Sewell I’d be completely fine with trading the pick (if the offer is right). It’s the first option I would want nothing to do with.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 04:03 PM)Synric Wrote: For Trevor Lawrence? Two Firsts and Two Seconds.

This, trading down still in the top 10 hopefully top 5-6. Then net 2 extra 1sts and 2nds. And I want a bad teams future firsts. Not like last year when Miami had 2 extra firsts in the bottom of the first round. I’d rather have their first next year which will likely be top 10 again
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 04:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s not going ahead of Lawrence. LOL

Last year Fields had more TDs, fewer interceptions, and a higher completion % as a first year starter. And Clemson had a very weak schedule.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 04:09 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Last year Fields had more TDs, fewer interceptions, and a higher completion % as a first year starter. And Clemson had a very weak schedule.

Lawrence has played in back-to-back national championships and has only lost one game in college. He’s also 6’6 to Fields 6’3. Dwayne Haskins NFL struggles might scare teams a bit, too. Not saying Fields won’t go top 5, but if you have to choose between the two I think most go with Lawrence.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 04:03 PM)Synric Wrote: For Trevor Lawrence? Two Firsts and Two Seconds.

I’d probably want a little more than that.

Tennessee got 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and 2 3rds. And that was for Jared Goff...

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 04:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d probably want a little more than that.

Tennessee got 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and 2 3rds. And that was for Jared Goff...

Yeah, and they roll with Tannehill.  They would likely give a King's ransom For that first pick.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 04:26 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah, and they roll with Tannehill.  They would likely give a King's ransom For that first pick.

Trade down and try to get a decent RT/C from the team you trade with. 
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 04:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s not going ahead of Lawrence. LOL

Who knows? How many had Burrow ahead of Tua this time last year? 

As to the OP. If we're #1OA again. Fire the HC, trade Burrow go QB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows? How many had Burrow ahead of Tua this time last year? 

As to the OP. If we're #1OA again. Fire the HC, trade Burrow go QB

The hypothetical is if there no NFL season and we somehow win a lottery or however they determine the picks. That’s what I meant by “lucky” enough to get it again.

Reply/Quote