Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical Block Buster trades the Bengals could explore pre draft!
Good people of the board! What trades would you like to see the Bengals explore in the next couple of days? I have a couple that I think would interest the board and would make sense to the FO! As usual feel free to submit your trade ideas the more Imaginative the better!

First trade- Bengals trade WR Tee Higgins to the Patriots for DT Christian Baramore.

Why it works- Bengals get a DT to replace DJ Reader & The Patriots get a WR to pair up with their rookie QB.

Problem- If they make this specific trade then they would have to agree to a longterm deal. Which could be a massive amount of guaranteed money that Bengals have shown an unwillingness to pay.

2nd trade Bengals trade pick 18,49, and a 2025 2nd RD pick to the Titans for the 7th overall pick in the draft.

Why it works- Titans get multiple picks in the next two drafts to start thier rebuild. The Bengals get a top 10 pick to aid the team in its effort to go all in.

Problem- It's a deep draft this season; so is the difference between 7 and 18 really that big?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 08:54 PM)J24 Wrote: Good people of the board! What trades would you like to see the Bengals explore in the next couple of days? I have a couple that I think would interest the board and would make sense to the FO! As usual feel free to submit your trade ideas the more Imaginative the better!

First trade- Bengals trade WR Tee Higgins to the Patriots for DT Christian Baramore.

Why it works- Bengals get a DT to replace DJ Reader & The Patriots get a WR to pair up with their rookie QB.

Problem- If they make this specific trade then they would have to agree to a longterm deal. Which could be a massive amount of guaranteed money that Bengals have shown an unwillingness to pay.

2nd trade Bengals trade pick 18,49, and a 2025 2nd RD pick to the Titans for the 7th overall pick in the draft.

Why it works- Titans get multiple picks in the next two drafts to start thier rebuild. The Bengals get a top 10 pick to aid the team in its effort to go all in.

Problem- It's a deep draft this season; so is the difference between 7 and 18 really that big?

If they did the first one, then maybe they would do number 2 for someone like Malik nabers.

It would depend who is there at 7. I’ll come back after I think of a hypothetical.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins for Carolina’s 2024 2nd and Terrace Marshall Jr.

Why it works: Carolina gets a high end WR to pair with Dionte. Bengals get a high value pick in round 2 and a WR that played with burrow in college and was also a 2nd round pick. This (slightly) helps replenish the hole by Boyd and Higgins leaving and creates some flexibility in the draft on night one

Problem: no real production after Chase in the WR room. WR is still a need and would have to be addressed on night 2, if not night 1.

That said, Marshall has previously practiced in the offseason with Burrow, Jefferson and Chase and if anyone can get the best out of him, it would be burrow.
Reply/Quote
- Bengals Trade 2024 1st rd pick #18, 2024 2nd rd Pick #49, & 2025 1st rd pick to the Vikings for Justin Jefferson.

AND THEN....
Bengals trade Tee Higgins & their 2024 4th rd pick #115 to: Titans in exchange for 2nd round pick #38 OR Commanders pick #40
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins and 18 to the Patriots for 3.

They end up with JJ McCarthy and Tee Higgins

We end up with Marvin Harrison on a rookie contract
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 10:12 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Tee Higgins and 18 to the Patriots for 3.

They end up with JJ McCarthy and Tee Higgins

We end up with Marvin Harrison on a rookie contract

This is hypothetical so it doesn’t really matter, but you are putting Higgins as worth the 10th overall pick.

3rd pick value - 2200
18th pick value - 900

10th pick value is 1300.

It would be closer to 18 (900), higgins (600 (around pick 31/32 value)), 49 (410), 80 (190), 97 (112).
Reply/Quote
In a total hypothetical scenario, I would trade back to low mid 20’s, pick up a second. Then trade back in to the end of the first and get 2 players. I think we could walk away with Newton and Mims in that scenario.

Not sure what that would take, but if it means next years 1 and that 2 we got, then I would do it.
Reply/Quote
Love the one for one trade for Baramore any stud Defensive Tackle will put this defense over the hump, Rankins, Hill, and Baramore, wow. Then throw in Newton for opposing Qb frustration time.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 09:23 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Tee Higgins for Carolina’s 2024 2nd and Terrace Marshall Jr.

Why it works: Carolina gets a high end WR to pair with Dionte. Bengals get a high value pick in round 2 and a WR that played with burrow in college and was also a 2nd round pick.  This (slightly) helps replenish the hole by Boyd and Higgins leaving and creates some flexibility in the draft on night one

Problem: no real production after Chase in the WR room.  WR is still a need and would have to be addressed on night 2, if not night 1.  

That said, Marshall has previously practiced in the offseason with Burrow, Jefferson and Chase and if anyone can get the best out of him, it would be burrow.

Good luck with that. Marshall has been a complete bust in Carolina, their staff told him to go seek a trade and no one showed interest. He's done.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 11:08 AM)Bengalion Wrote: Good luck with that. Marshall has been a complete bust in Carolina, their staff told him to go seek a trade and no one showed interest. He's done.

It’s a flier. He was catching balls from PJ Walker, Sam Darnold, Baker mayfield and Bryce young…. On one of the worst teams in the nfl. How interested do you think he is? Obviously he may have maturity issues, but he is super talented and he might still be able to put it all together.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 11:08 AM)Bengalion Wrote: Good luck with that. Marshall has been a complete bust in Carolina, their staff told him to go seek a trade and no one showed interest. He's done.

Interesting that Marshall was the higher ranked recruit out of high school compared to Jefferson and Chase.
Reply/Quote
If Brian Thomas Jr. is available at 18, then do Tee and 49 to the Cardinals for 27 and 34. Newton has been falling out of the first round in a lot of mocks, and the other one could be used on an OT like Suamatia.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 08:54 PM)J24 Wrote: Good people of the board! What trades would you like to see the Bengals explore in the next couple of days? I have a couple that I think would interest the board and would make sense to the FO! As usual feel free to submit your trade ideas the more Imaginative the better!

Send that to the titans for Jeffrey Simmons. Send tee to someone for a pass rusher. Go offensive tackle at 18. Then trade up for a wr in the second.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 08:14 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: If Brian Thomas Jr. is available at 18, then do Tee and 49 to the Cardinals for 27 and 34. Newton has been falling out of the first round in a lot of mocks, and the other one could be used on an OT like Suamatia.

If they're high on Thomas Jr as a productive year 1 threat, I'd consider the OP's trade for Barmore as long as they'd be willing to pay the guaranteed money.  I don't think you can get both picks for Tee.  
Reply/Quote
Sucks with the Trey wanting a trade news now but I would trade him and Tee and more to the Vikes for JJ now.

Don't know what that would cost so bear with me on this craziness.
Reply/Quote

My conspiracy theory is that the Bengals are planning for Marshall to be their slot receiver. True he hasn't worked out in Carolina but they couldn't care less. They're just waiting for him to be released, which is almost a foregone conclusion this summer. There's no way he's making the Panthers' 53-man, we'll welcome him with open arms and it'll be a massive Bayou Bengals reunion.   
Reply/Quote
Cardinals trade down from the 4th overall pick, the one everybody thought was going to be spent on Marvin Harrison Jr, with the Vikings for picks 11 and 23 overall.

Bengals then trade Tee Higgins and Trey Hendrickson to the Cardinals for #11 and #66 and #104. Giving us 13 picks. #11, 18, 49, 66, 80, 97, 104, 115, 149, 194, 214, 224, 237 We get to add eight of the top 115 guys.

Cardinals end up with nine picks #23, 27, 35, 71, 90, 138, 162, 186, and 226. Five of the top 90 guys plus Trey Hendrickson and Tee Higgins.

I think they would definitely be better.

Hopefully we hit on the eight early picks to try and reload from what we lost then hedge our bets with five more picks in rounds 5-7.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 02:50 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Cardinals trade down from the 4th overall pick, the one everybody thought was going to be spent on Marvin Harrison Jr, with the Vikings for picks 11 and 23 overall.

Bengals then trade Tee Higgins and Trey Hendrickson to the Cardinals for #11 and #66 and #104. Giving us 13 picks. #11, 18, 49, 66, 80, 97, 104, 115, 149, 194, 214, 224, 237 We get to add eight of the top 115 guys.

Cardinals end up with nine picks #23, 27, 35, 71, 90, 138, 162, 186, and 226. Five of the top 90 guys plus Trey Hendrickson and Tee Higgins.

I think they would definitely be better.

Hopefully we hit on the eight early picks to try and reload from what we lost then hedge our bets with five more picks in rounds 5-7.

Then we offer the Vikings back their 11th pick along with our 18th pick for Jefferson.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Isn't that what happened with Higgins?

Ninja
Reply/Quote
I understand these are hypothetical, but no team is going to trade for Higgins AND Hendrickson together because they'd have to put together massive (and long term) contracts for both. It's very hard to give up high draft compensation when you also know you're about to spend tons of money on said player(s).

I think at this point if you get a 2nd round pick out of Tee you just do it. We have plenty of picks in this draft to try and move up. We could package the 2nd from Tee, our 2nd, and try to slide into the 1st round again.
Reply/Quote