Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hypothetical - Dalton for Mariota?
(10-16-2019, 11:22 PM)jason Wrote: I like Dalton, but if they're taking a QB in the first I have no interest in keeping him around to mentor another 1st rounder who doesn't contribute as a rookie.

If AJ Green is himself, keep him around. That'll give the new guy two top WRs. Fix the damn line, and hope we can outscore people til they do the same on the other side of the ball.

This is a two year rebuild if everything goes perfect. Next year is 2003. Start the vet and let the rookie come in later or when he has a full grasp and the line has proven they won't get him killed. 

2004 is 2021. Start the rookie and expect ups and downs

2005 is 2022 Let's make a run and hope a Steeler doesn't "accidentally" tear our young QBs knee out. 

Dalton fits this plan. If Williams hits we have a LT.  We need Price to become a competent G. Hopkins at C. Free agency to shore up the rest of the line. 

Mixon

Green, Boyd, Ross, Tate

Need help at TE. 

Offense would be set

On D need 2 LBs, an edge rusher (first round pick 2021), and corner depth. 

I know this is rambling but my point is, all this can be done in two years if they're bold in free agency and hit in the draft. Dalton keeps the youngster from becoming Josh Rosen in year 1 because this team will be bad again in 2020
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 02:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, I sure hope Katie and Troy aren't secretly running the team right now.  The only hope we have is that Mike Brown is still running this team into the ground and things will get better when he stops running it.  If you are telling me that he's not running things and we can't tell the difference that's pretty scary.

I'd say it's a little of both

MB probably isn't in on hiring a new janitor, picking up Joe Umptyscratch off of Chargers PS, switching starting LBers and such. However I highly doubt they're gonna sit/trade Dalton, Geno, Aj etc. without the MB stamp of approval.

Trading for Mariota doesn't move the needle much if at all. Give Finley a try
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote