Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical Question This Offseason For All
So the Browns go 0-16 and in Browns style fire Hue after one season:

A) Do you bring back Hue to the coaching staff?

B) Do you make him OC again or keep Ken and see what develops?
Reply/Quote
Head coach, but they aren't firing him. It is much more likely that the Bengals make the playoffs...in other words, almost no chance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 12:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Head coach, but they aren't firing him.  It is much more likely that the Bengals make the playoffs...in other words, almost no chance.

I disagree with ya big boy, I think theres a better chance of him getting fired than Bengals making the playoffs! Plus Marvin isn't going anywhere, that option is completely out. I see Marvin sticking around for another 3-5 years before he exits on his own accord.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 12:37 AM)GodFather Wrote: I disagree with ya big boy, I think theres a better chance of him getting fired than Bengals making the playoffs! Plus Marvin isn't going anywhere, that option is completely out. I see Marvin sticking around for another 3-5 years before he exits on his own accord.

There was a succession plan in place for Hue to take over for Marvin...why do you think they would alter that if they could get him back.  The only problem is, he isn't getting fired.  I don't know his contract details, but he signed a pretty long deal and they aren't going to give him one year with an empty cupboard....care to wager that?  
Reply/Quote
Browns hired a bunch of baseball people for their front office. Baseball people don't fire HC/Manager after one year of a rebuild. They understand a true rebuild takes 2-3 years.

I honestly don't think the Browns ever had any intention of winning this year. They cut a lot of their vets and such, let a lot of people walk in FA, are saving up a ton of cap space, and have had two monsterous amount of draft picks (14 this year, 13 next year) including the 1st overall pick.

Baseball knows all about tanking for good draft picks during a rebuild.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nope

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
No

In fact I'd like to see this entire coaching staff gone. And anybody who's had any part of coaching here in the past I don't want back ! I'd like to see a whole new staff from top to bottom with no retreads at all.

Only coach I'd even think about coming back would be Zim.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 03:50 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: No

In fact I'd like to see this entire coaching staff gone. And anybody who's had any part of coaching here in the past I don't want back ! I'd like to see a whole new staff from top to bottom with no retreads at all.

Only coach I'd even think about coming back would be Zim.

Why not Vance Joseph? 

Reply/Quote
Even though they are letting Hue rebuild the team, I still think its more likely Hue gets fired before Marvin. Sad huh.
Reply/Quote
Hue isn't going anywhere soon. Cleveland will stick with him a few years to give him a chance. Who knows? Maybe Marvin and Hue will both retire as coaches for their current team? lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Yeah, lets hire the guy who took over the Browns and made them WORSE.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, lets hire the guy who took over the Browns and made them WORSE.

lol!!!  
Reply/Quote
I'm still trying to figure out why people think that Hue Jackson would be a good head coach. He hasn't shown anything in the league other than being a decent OC. It's not like this offense was leaps and bounds better than Grudon's version.

IF, and of course we won't, we fired Marvin, I want someone from the outside. I would consider Vance Joseph, but I'd prefer to bring in some fresh perspective with this team.
Reply/Quote
Hue will be around for at least another year or two for the Browns.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, lets hire the guy who took over the Browns and made them WORSE.

That team is absolutely devoid of NFL-caliber talent and they traded any player who knew what a football is, as well as any pick that could have yielded an instant impact player for future prospects.  I'm not saying it's going to work out for them, but it's pretty clear they completely sold out this year for future um....potential?

This is the most compelling flop job since the Colts sucked for Luck.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 12:48 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Browns hired a bunch of baseball people for their front office. Baseball people don't fire HC/Manager after one year of a rebuild. They understand a true rebuild takes 2-3 years.

Ihonestly don't think the Browns ever had any intention of winning this year. They cut a lot of their vets and such, let a lot of people walk in FA, are saving up a ton of cap space, and have had two monsterous amount of draft picks (14 this year, 13 next year) including the 1st overall pick.

Baseball knows all about tanking for good draft picks during a rebuild.

100% this. I think it's pretty obvious that this was a throwaway year for them. Part of a lengthy rebuild. Unlike any time in Browns history, they're trying to build a successful franchise slowly and methodically. With patience. Hue is going nowhere. I predict he last at least 3 years, unless he goes 4-12 or worse next year. He's even stated that he received assurances that this won't be a one shot deal.

(12-14-2016, 06:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That team is absolutely devoid of NFL-caliber talent and they traded any player who knew what a football is, as well as any pick that could have yielded an instant impact player for future prospects.  I'm not saying it's going to work out for them, but it's pretty clear they completely sold out this year for future um....potential?

This is the most compelling flop job since the Colts sucked for Luck.

This too. I honestly like how the Browns are going about things. It's very baseball like. Scrap the whole damn thing and rebuild with youth and excellent draft picks. This year was obviously going to be rough, but I bet this is going to pan out within 3-4 years.

Coincidentally, that's probably about how long the Bengals and Steelers have left to contend. Roethlisberger is 35 in March and you have to believe they'll struggle to even come close to replacing him. Of course, we also have a lot of players who are getting on in years. Dalton probably has 7-8 years left, but Green, Atkins, Dunlap etc are getting up there.

It's very possible the AFCN will look very different in 5 years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I also doubt that the Browns plan on firing Hue after just one year.

Yet, I don't think 0-16 was in the cards either. 0-16 is rather special.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 05:49 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm still trying to figure out why people think that Hue Jackson would be a good head coach.  He hasn't shown anything in the league other than being a decent OC.  It's not like this offense was leaps and bounds better than Grudon's version.

IF, and of course we won't, we fired Marvin, I want someone from the outside.  I would consider Vance Joseph, but I'd prefer to bring in some fresh perspective with this team.
I, too, am not in favor of Hue as HC of Bengals. I agree with Hammer's other points too.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 10:01 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I also doubt that the Browns plan on firing Hue after just one year.

Yet, I don't think 0-16 was in the cards either. 0-16 is rather special.

Well maybe they'll go 1-15 and win that last game of the season! Pitt Sux
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 12:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There was a succession plan in place for Hue to take over for Marvin...why do you think they would alter that if they could get him back.  The only problem is, he isn't getting fired.  I don't know his contract details, but he signed a pretty long deal and they aren't going to give him one year with an empty cupboard....care to wager that?  

Because hiring a HC that just got fired after an 0-16 season is a PR nightmare.
Reply/Quote