Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical Question This Offseason For All
(12-14-2016, 10:23 PM)Whatever Wrote: Because hiring a HC that just got fired after an 0-16 season is a PR nightmare.

No, it wouldn't be.  Being fired by Cleveland is like a right of passage...happened to Belicheck. 

Hue is beloved by Marvin, the Bengals organization, and the players....but it is a complete waste of time.  Hue and their owner are working together and Hue prepared him that it would get worse before it got better.  With the draft picks and cap space they now have, they are primed to be a contender in as little as two years.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hugh has a great attitude but I don't think he did as much as perceived. I really don't think he has what it takes to be a HC. Once the Browns fire him in 2-3yrs, he will have failed at the HC'g job twice. To bring him in as our HC would be like a crack addict hoping the next fix is his last and that better days are ahead.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 12:30 AM)GodFather Wrote: So the Browns go 0-16 and in Browns style fire Hue after one season:

A) Do you bring back Hue to the coaching staff?

B) Do you make him OC again or keep Ken and see what develops?

A Yes - If Marv is still here, then make him assistant head coach and fire Paul Alexander (who is currently the assistant head coach). Alexander needs to go anyways.

B No simply because we want Ken Zampese to grow and improve and if we make Hue the head coach a year later, we'd want Ken already in place as the OC.

Reply/Quote
Tough to say with the Browns and their owners. Who knows? Maybe they'll trade Hue and 3 1st round draft picks for Marvin.. I don't see that happening, but they're the Browns for christssake.. They do dumb crap all the time. Hell, maybe fire Hue and offer Bryan Price a gazillion dollars to take over..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Hiring and firing isn't all about records. Sometimes it should be, but if the Browns FO sees Hue taking them in a direction they feel will equate to future success then he'll keep his job. And they entered the year knowing this would be rebuilding year, especially once RGIII went down. Now if he is just blowing off their FO and not developing people or has lost the team, that's another story.

Reply/Quote
Good question.

Hue is a great OC but I also like were Zampese is taking us. We have gradually looked better on offense since the bye.

Do I still think Hue could be a better HC than Marv? Maybe. It's hard to tell because Cleveland is Cleveland and they find a way to fail no matter what.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 12:31 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Hiring and firing isn't all about records. Sometimes it should be, but if the Browns FO sees Hue taking them in a direction they feel will equate to future success then he'll keep his job. And they entered the year knowing this would be rebuilding year, especially once RGIII went down. Now if he is just blowing off their FO and not developing people or has lost the team, that's another story.

Agreed.  I think it's interesting that we as a fanbase wonder why Marvin isn't sitting down vets and "seeing what the young guys have" and at the same time laughing at the Browns for  throwing every untested player they have in to the fire.  This is what can happen when you put developing and evaluating players above all else...it can lead to some woeful win columns. 
Reply/Quote