Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Hypothetical) Who Would You Take at 31 in This Scenario?
Birks is the top talent available and certainly BPA.

That would be my pick. Maybe try to trade away Boyd then.

Bet a lot of fans would be maaad lol
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 01:53 PM)kevin Wrote: Again, your worst case list doesn't leave much.  I give you credit for the work you put in on this.  Don't be to mad if I say I hope your list is not how the draft goes down, and much better players fall to us at 31. 

Per your list, I say CB-Gordan who ESPN has going to Bills at pick 25.  As you say, a good prospect, but we both hope Bengals get better than this at 31.   Per your list, you leave me nothing but Gordan. 

I wouldn't be mad at all, lol.
I specifically did it to be a near-worst case scenario.
I saw a recent PFF mock that had nearly all of the guys in the OP gone, and it made me think of what would be the worst case for Bengals?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Based on more than 4 receivers going in the first round of OP’s excellent list I think either Linderbaum, Green, Wyatt, or Dax Hill. I think Zion Johnson won’t be there but he’s my fave. Hill I still think can help at corner and safety and take over at safety next year is big possibility

Bucky Brooks has Sky Moore @ #29 Christian Watson @#28 Jahan Dotson @#20 Olave,London,Wilson even earlier.

Daniel Jeremiah has Watson,Dotson,Burks,Williams, Olave, London,and Wilson.

McShay has Watson,Burks, Dotson,Williams,Olave,London,and Wilson.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 02:35 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Based on more than 4 receivers going in the first round of OP’s excellent list I think either Linderbaum, Green, Wyatt, or Dax Hill. I think Zion Johnson won’t be there but he’s my fave. Hill I still think can help at corner and safety and take over at safety next year is big possibility

Bucky Brooks has Sky Moore @ #29 Christian Watson @#28 Jahan Dotson @#20 Olave,London,Wilson even earlier.

Daniel Jeremiah has Watson,Dotson,Burks,Williams, Olave, London,and Wilson.

McShay has Watson,Burks, Dotson,Williams,Olave,London,and Wilson.

You never did answer the question though that if the 30 players in the OP are gone, who would you take for the Bengals?
I think it gets very difficult when all those guys are all off the table.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
WR, CB, S, and even O-line seems to have deeper prospects. DT, you could be reaching more if you wait, especially at 3T. I'd take Winfrey. IMO, the draft falls better that way.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 01:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Gordon's Combine performance hurt his stock some, which is why I didn't have him in Top 30.
The only thing I worry about is him being able to stick with faster receivers, but other than that he's a very good prospect.

Gordon ran a 4.52, which is relatively slow; especially on this year's fast track, but Kyler in a big CB. The kid is smooth and explosive. His pro Day vert would have been the 2nd best at the combine and his broad would have been 4th. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 02:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gordon ran a 4.52, which is relatively slow; especially on this year's fast track, but Kyler in a big CB. The kid is smooth and explosive. His pro Day vert would have been the 2nd best at the combine and his broad would have been 4th. 

Gordon reminds me of Byron Murphy. Murphy ran like a 4.49 but it was all his other testing that was elite. Kyler Gordon is the same. These guys are tested more than once in their college career I remember reading how Gordon ran a sub 4 second shuttle and a 3.6 3cone. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 03:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Gordon reminds me of Byron Murphy. Murphy ran like a 4.49 but it was all his other testing that was elite. Kyler Gordon is the same. These guys are tested more than once in their college career I remember reading how Gordon ran a sub 4 second shuttle and a 3.6 3cone. 

A 3.6 3 cone? Really? The fastest in combine history was a 6.28 so I believe you're a little confused there. And if it was a 3.6 shuttle that's not right either considering 3.81 has been the record for 16 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 02:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You never did answer the question though that if the 30 players in the OP are gone, who would you take for the Bengals?
I think it gets very difficult when all those guys are all off the table.

I think it’s Wyatt the DT
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 03:45 PM)pulses Wrote: A 3.6 3 cone? Really? The fastest in combine history was a 6.28 so I believe you're a little confused there. And if it was a 3.6 shuttle that's not right either considering 3.81 has been the record for 16 years.

Lol was a typo was thinking 3 cone it was a 6.67 3cone and 3.96 shuttle. Those are elite numbers and show alot of quickness body control and explosion.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 03:52 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think it’s Wyatt the DT

Wyatt's off the board already.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 03:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol was a typo was thinking 3 cone it was a 6.67 3cone and 3.96 shuttle. Those are elite numbers and show alot of quickness body control and explosion.

Those would put him right under Dax Hill and Zyon McCollum.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 06:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wyatt's off the board already.

Yep on your initial that’s true. But again we disagree about you only having 4 WR. I’m claiming he’s one that will be there. Not so sure KC doesn’t take Dax Hill. I think it’s Hill or Wyatt
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 07:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yep on your initial that’s true. But again we disagree about you only having 4 WR. I’m claiming he’s one that will be there. Not so sure KC doesn’t take Dax Hill. I think it’s Hill or Wyatt

But who would you take from the OP scenario...
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 07:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: But who would you take from the OP scenario...

What are the names people have said as their pick per your list.  I said Gordan.  Who have others picked so far ?  How many votes per player ?
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 07:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: But who would you take from the OP scenario...

I like Dax Hill. But in your scenario it would be him. Again I think Linderbaum, Green, or Wyatt are the best bets. I think it’s a 1-3 chance we keep Bates. Hill this year can play at corner or safety. I know for 1000% that the Bengals mindset is BPA. If Wyatt’s there I think they take him. I’m beginning to think Green or Wyatt
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 08:48 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I like Dax Hill. But in your scenario it would be him. Again I think Linderbaum, Green, or Wyatt are the best bets. I think it’s a 1-3 chance we keep Bates. Hill this year can play at corner or safety. I know for 1000% that the Bengals mindset is BPA. If Wyatt’s there I think they take him. I’m beginning to think Green or Wyatt

None of the people you mentioned are available in this scenario. The OP lists players GONE at 31. You have to choose from anyone else for pick 31.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 09:30 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: None of the people you mentioned are available in this scenario. The OP lists players GONE at 31. You have to choose from anyone else for pick 31.

Did not realize Hill was on the list. I’d take Raimann.
Reply/Quote
Convinced now it’s going to be either Booth, McCreary, Elam, Cine, or Hill. Makes the most sense.
Reply/Quote
Fun thread. I'd be looking to trade back, for sure, in that scenario. If I had to pick someone, I'd go with the best CB on my board (Kyler Gordon) or the best 3 tech (Perrion Winfrey or Logan Hall).

The only thing that could get me off CB/DT would be a pass rusher (Ojabo, Mafe, or Ebiketie) or possible a S (Pitre or Cine).

DT is the thinnest. Could grab a decent CB/Edge/S later.

I'd probably take Winfrey & hope there is a good CB on the board in round 2/3 (Woolen, McCreary/Marcus Jones).
Reply/Quote