Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Hypothetical) Who Would You Take at 31 in This Scenario?
In this scenario I’d probably just take Ojabo. The value of getting a top 10 pick at 31 would somewhat counter not getting anything out of him in year one. And our Super Bowl window should still be just as open in 2023.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
That would be rough for sure. In that scenario teams would def be looking to trade up and get a QB for that 5th year option.

That being said for the purpose of this thread I would take Raimann or Ojabo.
Reply/Quote
Lewis Cine. Heir apparent to bates. Ojabo or Winfrey.

I would consider te as I would be getting the best one in the draft but ultimately I’d wait.

Dark horse, Travis Jones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
In this scenario, I could see Bengals going with McBride #31. McBride, Chase, Boyd, Higgins, and Mixon would be lethal. I don't think McBride makes it to #63.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 12:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If all of the following 30 players were off the board when the Bengals select at 31, who would you select from players still available and why?
NOTE - No trading the pick for this

8 DL off the board:
Hutchinson
Thibodeaux
Karlaftis
Johnson II
Walker
Davis
Leal
Wyatt

7 OL off the board:
Neal
Ekwonu
Cross
Penning
Green
Johnson
Linderbaum

7 DBs off the board:
Stingley
Gardner
Hamilton
Hill
Elam
McDuffie
Booth

4 WRs off the board:
Williams
Olave
Wilson
London

2 LBs off the board:
Lloyd
Dean

2 QBs off the board:
Willis
Pickett

Here’s the thing with this highly unlikely scenario. If in fact only two Quarterbacks are taken and the Lions don’t take one at #2, then there should be quite a few teams calling us to get back into the first round and ahead of the Lions to draft one of the QBs still on the board and get that fifth year. Every year there is a team or two looking to get in end of the first round.

All that said, I’d take Raimann. You saw what happened when Reiff got injured. Collins isn’t enough and he’d be a nice swing backup that could take over on either side when Collins or Jonah inevitably go down injured. For me it’s protect Joe at all costs right now.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 03:22 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: That would be rough for sure. In that scenario teams would def be looking to trade up and get a QB for that 5th year option.

That being said for the purpose of this thread I would take Raimann or Ojabo.

My thoughts to a T.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 12:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If all of the following 30 players were off the board when the Bengals select at 31, who would you select from players still available and why?
NOTE - No trading the pick for this

8 DL off the board:
Hutchinson
Thibodeaux
Karlaftis
Johnson II
Walker
Davis
Leal
Wyatt

7 OL off the board:
Neal
Ekwonu
Cross
Penning
Green
Johnson
Linderbaum

7 DBs off the board:
Stingley
Gardner
Hamilton
Hill
Elam
McDuffie
Booth

4 WRs off the board:
Williams
Olave
Wilson
London

2 LBs off the board:
Lloyd
Dean

2 QBs off the board:
Willis
Pickett

I would trade back but if we are just staying at 31 I would take Jaquan Brisker. Best Safety I watched last year not in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 10:19 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Lewis Cine.  Heir apparent to bates.  Ojabo or Winfrey.  

I would consider te as I would be getting the best one in the draft but ultimately I’d wait.  

Dark horse, Travis Jones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be weary of Winfrey (and Wyatt although you didn't mention them)

https://twitter.com/PFF_AustinGayle/status/1515098783444578305?t=wpGwhcsS8NL2OXhiJlls3g&s=19

They tied for 27th among IDL on pass rush win rate on 2021 at just 16%.

And that's supposed to be their strength.
Reply/Quote
Treylon Burks WR
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
S Lewis Cine or RB Breece Hall

Obviously without your no-tradedown clause I would look to trade down with a team that'd want to move up and get a QB to get that 5th year option, but barring that I would take one of those two.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 08:52 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: S Lewis Cine or RB Breece Hall

Obviously without your no-tradedown clause I would look to trade down with a team that'd want to move up and get a QB to get that 5th year option, but barring that I would take one of those two.

Yeah, I am definitely hoping to trade out of Day 1 and being super happy and more excited!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 11:46 PM)Yogo Wrote: Yeah, I am definitely hoping to trade out of Day 1 and being super happy and more excited!

I don't particularly want to trade down, but Ocho managed to set up a scenario where it would be the most logical choice.

Honestly I think right now I am leaning towards actually mind trading UP to just ahead of the Steelers and taking Linderbaum. 

Reply/Quote
Depends,
We aren't really in the know on what's going on with Bates contract situation.
Soo, if it looks bleak, then Lewis Cine.
if not, then Ojabo. start him on the PUP, and his timeline is good to go. he should be able to see the field about 1/2 way thru the season.
Last year, Odeyingbo did the same, and he was on the field on week 8.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 08:52 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: S Lewis Cine or RB Breece Hall

Eh, we don't need a RB TLL. Breece wouldn't play that many snaps as a rookie so I don't know if I would like that unless 
we are looking for him to be the future and looking to move on from Mixon. I do really like Breece Hall though, think he 
will be a very good RB in the NFL.

I too like Cine, just not as much as Brisker when I watched them both last year.

(04-18-2022, 01:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't particularly want to trade down, but Ocho managed to set up a scenario where it would be the most logical choice.

Honestly I think right now I am leaning towards actually mind trading UP to just ahead of the Steelers and taking Linderbaum. 

I bet Linderbaum falls to us, no need to trade up for him.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 03:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, we don't need a RB TLL. Breece wouldn't play that many snaps as a rookie so I don't know if I would like that unless 
we are looking for him to be the future and looking to move on from Mixon. I do really like Breece Hall though, think he 
will be a very good RB in the NFL.

I too like Cine, just not as much as Brisker when I watched them both last year.

I bet Linderbaum falls to us, no need to trade up for him.

I think the Bengals should move on from Mixon after this year, hence the RB. Can't be paying a non-game-changing RB a nearly $13m cap hit when it comes time to extend Burrow. Bengals save $7.35m in cap space next year moving on from Mixon.

Also more snaps than you think. Perine and Evans combined for 371 offensive snaps and that's a year when Mixon actually stayed healthy. Mixon gets banged up for a game or two like normal and that count would rise quickly.

Breece isn't my first or second choice at 31 ideally, but in Ocho's scenario where the choices are really really narrowed down? Sure.

- - - - - -

Consider me very skeptical that Linderbaum falls all the way to 31. The arm length talk on a center is vastly overblown. He's a unanimous All-American last season and athletically tested off the charts on everything else. I think you have a chance to grab a player who would fix the final hole in your OL (by moving Karras over) so just go up and get him. No reason to risk it and it's not like it's likely all of the draft picks are going to make the team this year anyway.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 04:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think the Bengals should move on from Mixon after this year, hence the RB. Can't be paying a non-game-changing RB a nearly $13m cap hit when it comes time to extend Burrow. Bengals save $7.35m in cap space next year moving on from Mixon.

Also more snaps than you think. Perine and Evans combined for 371 offensive snaps and that's a year when Mixon actually stayed healthy. Mixon gets banged up for a game or two like normal and that count would rise quickly.

Breece isn't my first or second choice at 31 ideally, but in Ocho's scenario where the choices are really really narrowed down? Sure.

- - - - - -

Consider me very skeptical that Linderbaum falls all the way to 31. The arm length talk on a center is vastly overblown. He's a unanimous All-American last season and athletically tested off the charts on everything else. I think you have a chance to grab a player who would fix the final hole in your OL (by moving Karras over) so just go up and get him. No reason to risk it and it's not like it's likely all of the draft picks are going to make the team this year anyway.

In these scenarios I cannot disagree. If we move on from Mixon after this year Breece Hall would be ideal in my eyes.

Also if Pollack and the FO think Linderbaum's arm length is no big deal and we want him bad enough to trade up for him I am 
for it. I just don't know if they think Center or LG are a need with Karras and if Carman is healthy and they think he will make 
big strides in his sophomore year. I have heard that Karras plays better at LG than at Center so it could be in the cards for all 
we know. All I have heard though is Karras is the Center regardless of PFF grades.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 04:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think the Bengals should move on from Mixon after this year, hence the RB. Can't be paying a non-game-changing RB a nearly $13m cap hit when it comes time to extend Burrow. Bengals save $7.35m in cap space next year moving on from Mixon.

- - - - - -

I'm of the belief that RB is one of the easier positions to play as a rookie.
So if the Bengals wanted to move on from Mixon after this year, I think they could just snag a RB early in the draft next year.
Especially if you want to try to use a RB on a rookie contract then have them walk after contract is up. You need every available year for that.

Bengals could always have a (way) cheaper veteran in place next year with a rookie if they are worried about learning curve. Mixon doesn't have to be the guy for that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 04:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: In these scenarios I cannot disagree. If we move on from Mixon after this year Breece Hall would be ideal in my eyes.

Also if Pollack and the FO think Linderbaum's arm length is no big deal and we want him bad enough to trade up for him I am 
for it. I just don't know if they think Center or LG are a need with Karras and if Carman is healthy and they think he will make 
big strides in his sophomore year.
I have heard that Karras plays better at LG than at Center so it could be in the cards for all 
we know. All I have heard though is Karras is the Center regardless of PFF grades.

Literally could have just swapped out Carman with Ogbuehi and it would have been the offseason heading into 2016 all over again it feels like. Lol

I'm not saying Carman will never develop into a starter, but I don't want to bank on a guy who couldn't even beat out Adeniji and Prince to be 2nd string. If the Bengals had no hope of being good, sure, give Carman the opportunity. Too much at stake in 2022 to rely on a 3rd string guy with a history of back problems who had back problems twice last year.

(04-18-2022, 06:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm of the belief that RB is one of the easier positions to play as a rookie.
So if the Bengals wanted to move on from Mixon after this year, I think they could just snag a RB early in the draft next year.
Especially if you want to try to use a RB on a rookie contract then have them walk after contract is up. You need every available year for that.

Bengals could always have a (way) cheaper veteran in place next year with a rookie if they are worried about learning curve. Mixon doesn't have to be the guy for that.

I fully agree with you that RBs can hop in and immediately be good as rookies, but I also just don't want Zac Taylor to have Perine as an option anymore as it's clear he cannot be trusted with him on the roster. 

Not to mention Mixon is likely going to be banged up at some point in the year and Mixon only plays about 2/3rds of the snaps of the games he's in, let alone the ones he misses. He had an ankle thing in 2017, knee thing in 2018, foot thing in 2020, and TWO ankle things in 2021. (He didn't miss any of the first 16 games in 2021, but it did cause him to only play 28% of the snaps in the Green Bay loss.)

Ultimately the Hall or Cine choice was mostly about the scenario you cooked up. No Tyler Linderbaum, no Dax Hill, no Zion Johnson, no Andrew Booth, no Kenyon Green, no trades. So I went with my 7th choice. Lol

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 07:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Literally could have just swapped out Carman with Ogbuehi and it would have been the offseason heading into 2016 all over again it feels like. Lol

I'm not saying Carman will never develop into a starter, but I don't want to bank on a guy who couldn't even beat out Adeniji and Prince to be 2nd string. If the Bengals had no hope of being good, sure, give Carman the opportunity. Too much at stake in 2022 to rely on a 3rd string guy with a history of back problems who had back problems twice last year.

I fully agree with you that RBs can hop in and immediately be good as rookies, but I also just don't want Zac Taylor to have Perine as an option anymore as it's clear he cannot be trusted with him on the roster. 

Not to mention Mixon is likely going to be banged up at some point in the year and Mixon only plays about 2/3rds of the snaps of the games he's in, let alone the ones he misses. He had an ankle thing in 2017, knee thing in 2018, foot thing in 2020, and TWO ankle things in 2021. (He didn't miss any of the first 16 games in 2021, but it did cause him to only play 28% of the snaps in the Green Bay loss.)

Ultimately the Hall or Cine choice was mostly about the scenario you cooked up. No Tyler Linderbaum, no Dax Hill, no Zion Johnson, no Andrew Booth, no Kenyon Green, no trades. So I went with my 7th choice. Lol

I actually thought Carman played well when called upon as a rookie last year, especially at LG. I also really liked Carman before 
the Draft unlike Ogbuehi who I never liked. But yeah, cannot rely on a guy that has back problems. If they are behind him and 
he plays well all is good but as others have said, specifically Sunset who knows, back problems can linger. Carman was better 
than Adeniji so it just made no sense to me that he wasn't starting over him unless it was injury.

And yes, I could see RB actually being a position we pick soon unlike any of the Drafts since Mixon has been here. RB's don't 
last long in the NFL, too bad, I really like Mixon if he is used right in the passing game. I don't think we have seen his best play
cause of this very reason.

If things shake out like Ocho's scenario, I hope we trade back and grab one of the guys listed instead of staying pat at 31.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 07:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Literally could have just swapped out Carman with Ogbuehi and it would have been the offseason heading into 2016 all over again it feels like. Lol

I'm perfectly ok with taking a RB on Day 3 to replace Perine or Williams.
Perine was a 4th rounder and Williams was a 6th rounder, after all.
I think Mixon can be RB1, Evans RB2, and then a new RB3.
Depending on what role you are looking for (bruiser short-yardage, pass catching change-of-pace guy, etc), I think there should be someone available to get.

Honestly, I'm surprised Williams hasn't been used more. He's not the biggest RB (only 5'8", 206 lb) but he produced very well in the SEC, which is about the best when it comes to RBs. He can catch passes too, as evidenced by his 66 rec in his 3 seasons in college. He's also much faster than Perine (4.51 vs 4.65).
So I'm personally game for finding a replacement for Perine and keeping Williams. I like Clint Ratkovich from Northern Illinois as a potential Perine replacement. He's about the same size as Perine (6'0", 231 lb) who can pick up short yardage, block, and catch passes. He's more like a FB, really.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote