Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Hypothetical) Who Would You Take at 31 in This Scenario?
(04-19-2022, 10:18 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm perfectly ok with taking a RB on Day 3 to replace Perine or Williams.
Perine was a 4th rounder and Williams was a 6th rounder, after all.
I think Mixon can be RB1, Evans RB2, and then a new RB3.
Depending on what role you are looking for (bruiser short-yardage, pass catching change-of-pace guy, etc), I think there should be someone available to get.

Honestly, I'm surprised Williams hasn't been used more. He's not the biggest RB (only 5'8", 206 lb) but he produced very well in the SEC, which is about the best when it comes to RBs. He can catch passes too, as evidenced by his 66 rec in his 3 seasons in college. He's also much faster than Perine (4.51 vs 4.65).
So I'm personally game for finding a replacement for Perine and keeping Williams. I like Clint Ratkovich from Northern Illinois as a potential Perine replacement. He's about the same size as Perine (6'0", 231 lb) who can pick up short yardage, block, and catch passes. He's more like a FB, really.

Is this that big, white RB I watched last year with monster legs?

Can't remember, but I was impressed by one of the small college white RB's. Big legged thumper with some speed and hands.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 10:18 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm perfectly ok with taking a RB on Day 3 to replace Perine or Williams.
Perine was a 4th rounder and Williams was a 6th rounder, after all.
I think Mixon can be RB1, Evans RB2, and then a new RB3.
Depending on what role you are looking for (bruiser short-yardage, pass catching change-of-pace guy, etc), I think there should be someone available to get.

Honestly, I'm surprised Williams hasn't been used more. He's not the biggest RB (only 5'8", 206 lb) but he produced very well in the SEC, which is about the best when it comes to RBs. He can catch passes too, as evidenced by his 66 rec in his 3 seasons in college. He's also much faster than Perine (4.51 vs 4.65).
So I'm personally game for finding a replacement for Perine and keeping Williams. I like Clint Ratkovich from Northern Illinois as a potential Perine replacement. He's about the same size as Perine (6'0", 231 lb) who can pick up short yardage, block, and catch passes. He's more like a FB, really.

I felt so bad for Rex Burkhead back in the day, he looked great in limited action, but Marvin seemed to have his faves.  I was glad that he got his chance in New England and Houston.  Do we really have that much depth at RB that Williams is totally blocked?  I KNOW what we have in Perine.  To me, Williams > Perine, but eh.  I do not think that RB is a priority for us, but using a late day 3 is okay.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 09:21 PM)Yogo Wrote: I felt so bad for Rex Burkhead back in the day, he looked great in limited action, but Marvin seemed to have his faves.  I was glad that he got his chance in New England and Houston.  Do we really have that much depth at RB that Williams is totally blocked?  I KNOW what we have in Perine.  To me, Williams > Perine, but eh.  I do not think that RB is a priority for us, but using a late day 3 is okay.

Always wanted Rex to at least get more opportunities when he was here, no surprise he went to the Pats and did well and then the
Texans. Yes, Marv had his faves. Trayveon just hasn't been good at all here, he has been worse than Perine by far and I also really
liked Trayveon at Texas A&M. Just can't make it in the pros with a bad OL as a lot of RB's cannot. We will see if he is still on the team
this season, Practice Squad and such. 

I think we can add a better RB than Trayveon Williams now though, I think he has had his shot and hasn't hit in all his tries.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 12:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If all of the following 30 players were off the board when the Bengals select at 31, who would you select from players still available and why?
NOTE - No trading the pick for this

8 DL off the board:
Hutchinson
Thibodeaux
Karlaftis
Johnson II
Walker
Davis
Leal
Wyatt

7 OL off the board:
Neal
Ekwonu
Cross
Penning
Green
Johnson
Linderbaum

7 DBs off the board:
Stingley
Gardner
Hamilton
Hill
Elam
McDuffie
Booth

4 WRs off the board:
Williams
Olave
Wilson
London

2 LBs off the board:
Lloyd
Dean

2 QBs off the board:
Willis
Pickett

You nailed it pretty darn good except for the WR’s Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 03:49 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You nailed it pretty darn good except for the WR’s Wink

Yep it was close.
Glad that someone finally "reached" for Strange (although if he turns into a really good player it wasn't a reach).
I was getting worried actually lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 04:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep it was close.
Glad that someone finally "reached" for Strange (although if he turns into a really good player it wasn't a reach).
I was getting worried actually lol.

I also told you that more than 4 receivers would go. When it gets to pulling the trigger and with the recent huge contracts I figured that would happen
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 05:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I also told you that more than 4 receivers would go. When it gets to pulling the trigger and with the recent huge contracts I figured that would happen

I know you said that, and I figured it could happen, but that wasn't the purpose of the thread.
The thread was intended to be if all the clear guys the Bengals would pick who had a value of late 1st were off the board, who should they pick?
By having more than 6 WRs+QBs, it would have made one of the obvious guys fall.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 10:09 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I know you said that, and I figured it could happen, but that wasn't the purpose of the thread.
The thread was intended to be if all the clear guys the Bengals would pick who had a value of late 1st were off the board, who should they pick?
By having more than 6 WRs+QBs, it would have made one of the obvious guys fall.

I can can see that. You nailed it otherwise
Reply/Quote