Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical dream scenario
It was one game, and why would they move on from Levis? Anyone know where Mike White is these days because he put up 400.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 07:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It was one game, and why would they move on from Levis? Anyone know where Mike White is these days because he put up 400.

He's in Miami now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
huh
Reply/Quote
Jake has a way to go before we're in trade-for-significant-value territory. If he's still winning games and putting up big numbers in January, then maybe things get serious.
Reply/Quote
If Browning continues to win and leads them to the playoffs then it’ll put the spotlight on Callahan who may get a HC job and wants to bring him with him.

Then maybe his team will pay a little more of a price in a trade. Picks preferably not players.

But if we dreaming why not win the Super Bowl and give his trade value the biggest boost. But then which QB folks trading?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 06:34 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Browning starts showing signs of possibly being one of the better backups in the league and the first thoughts to some people's minds are what we could get if we traded him.

Burrow has played two full seasons. Two. If Browning is a capable backup, at minimum; he needs to stay.

That would be awesome if he would stay and play back up QB for Bengals. Yet if he does prove worthy of being a starting QB then the Bengals would only get him for one season as back up and then he becomes an unrestricted FA and a team in need of a starter would come swoop him away leaving the Bengals with nothing in return except for 1 season as a back-up. 

He will jump at this opportunity because much like assistant coaches never turn down HC gigs, nor do back up QB's turn down running their own team as at the starter. Plus that's where the real fame and fortune lies. 

I like Jake and was livid last season when they did not give him the back-up QB spot and placed him on the practice squad when he clearly won the preseason battle in my mind. So to me it would also be unfair to him if he achieves this status to force him to play for the league minimum as a back up when some team will pay him 10 to 20 times amount and hand him the reins to their team. . 

So top me it would be the best for both parties to make a trade in off season "if" he can sustain that sort of play he displayed against the Jags.

Yet that is all just fun to talk about yet Jake lit that spark of conversation with his big game. But it will take 3 or 4 of these games before he will command anything worth trading for anyway so it may just be a pipe dream in the end. Still I'm ok with Jake as the Bengals back-up QB for as long as he wants it. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If you want to make a trade, tag Higgins and trade him to Atlanta and get Allgeier and a draft pick in return.

They need a weapon to help open it open for London and Pitts if Pitts ever gets going and Allgeier is just wasting away with Robinson there.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Your dream is PUNY! Browning and the Bengals win the Super Bowl ala Williams, Foles, Hosteller, Brady!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 01:34 AM)Yogo Wrote: Your dream is PUNY!  Browning and the Bengals win the Super Bowl ala Williams, Foles, Hosteller, Brady!

What happens when that happens?
Reply/Quote
1 good game & he's the next Joe Montana?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 11:14 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What happens when that happens?

Then we have a Garapolo/Brady/Bledsoe, Foles/Wentz, Green/Warner/Bullinger OFFSEASON with OPTIONS?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 06:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Heck yeah, would love to have Mad Maxx here.

I would not love to pay him though... especially since DE is not exactly the most glaring need.

In general I'd rather keep a possibly competent backup QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 02:32 PM)Yogo Wrote: Then we have a Garapolo/Brady/Bledsoe, Foles/Wentz, Green/Warner/Bullinger OFFSEASON with OPTIONS?

the foles/wentz thing seemed to just blow up. Warner took over! Brady also took over. So I guess the answer is Browning would knock Burrow to the side lol
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 02:52 PM)hollodero Wrote: I would not love to pay him though... especially since DE is not exactly the most glaring need.

In general I'd rather keep a possibly competent backup QB.

I think our defense is in desperate need of a game wrecker like Crosby. I too would rather be paying whoever that would be on a rookie contract though. We've got some nice players on D, but no one close to him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 01:34 AM)Yogo Wrote: Your dream is PUNY!  Browning and the Bengals win the Super Bowl ala Williams, Foles, Hosteller, Brady!

Even Greater Dream:

Jake Browning struggles in the first half against the Colts and (sensing that his last few chances to Win a Super Bowl are slipping away) 

frustrated Bengals Owner and former Dartmouth quarterback Mike Brown decides to suit up and take over as the Bengals starting quarterback 

at age 88. Mike uses his knowledge of the forward pass to later lead the Bengals to an AFC Championship game Win at Kansas City making

(Arrow Head Stadium now call "Brown-O-Head" Stadium) then with limited forward passing the Bengals (with Mike Brown at QB) lean on 

Mixon and Chase Brown to win the SUPER BOWL this coming February in Las Vegas after Mike spends the night leading up to the Big Game 

Gambling with Snoop Dogg.  Mellow 
Reply/Quote
Dream scenario is Browning continues to perform well, we have to worry less about Burrow getting hurt and maybe not finishing a season like last 2 out of 4 years. in that case, we need to ink Browning to a 3 year contract
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 03:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: the foles/wentz thing seemed to just blow up. Warner took over! Brady also took over. So I guess the answer is Browning would knock Burrow to the side lol

Nah. I don't care how well Browning plays--because he's not going to rise to the level of Burrow--you don't just toss Joe to the side. He's the 2nd best QB in the game right now. If the Bengals somehow made it to the playoffs and Joe was healthy enough, he immediately goes back in as #1. Whether it's to start the playoffs or after the Bengals were able to win a game or two. No matter what, Burrow goes back to the unquestioned starter.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Even with an MVP level remainder of the season the most value he would bring would be a late first or our late first with Browning to get into top 10
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 03:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: the foles/wentz thing seemed to just blow up. Warner took over! Brady also took over. So I guess the answer is Browning would knock Burrow to the side lol

Jake wins Super Bowl (Win #1), ERFA Exclusive Rights Free Agent when his one year contract comes up.  We can give a qualifying offer to him as our backup and possibly trade him for draft capital. (If that's how it works.  I think we lose draft comp if we do this) (Win #2), and by the time all this takes place Joe is back at the helm healthy and the Bengals are in a better position (Win #3)!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 03:25 PM)jason Wrote: I think our defense is in desperate need of a game wrecker like Crosby. I too would rather be paying whoever that would be on a rookie contract though. We've got some nice players on D, but no one close to him.

Really? Hendrickson is anything but bad, Hubbard is a good starter, Sample and Ossai do some nice things when rotating in, and there's still a first round pick waiting to blossom on the position. I really do not see DE as a blatant weakness at all.

Now on the other hand, I don't really figure which WR we can pay and keep anyway, but when there's a Crosby on the team - demanding a ton of salary - the chances to keep Chase or Higgins at least seem to be severely slimmed. I don't know if that trade-off's worth it.
Reply/Quote