Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical yet absurd question, but I will ask anyway.
Okay, if The Steelers finish 9-7 with a LOSS to the Bengals, who would win the division if the Bengals finished 8-7-1, while the Ravens also finished 9-7 with with LOSS to the Bengals? Or would the Bengals need both teams to somehow have 8 L's in the loss column? Looks, I realize that the chances of this is like .0008% but I am curious as I looked over remaining schedules for Pitt and Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
I tie is like half a win. We'd have 8.5 wins. The other 2 teams would have 9 wins. There is NO scenario in which the Bengals would make the playoffs there.
Reply/Quote
5 game winning streak from a team with 1 win in two months?... That's funny.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
9 is greater than 8.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Looks like my assumptions were correct then, last week was the legit LAST "must win" game for the Bengals to have any realistic chance.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 01:17 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Looks like my assumptions were correct then, last week was the legit LAST "must win" game for the Bengals to have any realistic chance.

That's the way I see it....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 01:17 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Looks like my assumptions were correct then, last week was the legit LAST "must win" game for the Bengals to have any realistic chance.

Must wins were over a few weeks ago. Last week was draft positioning only. For that, we should keep losing.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
The Bengals would need them both to have 8 losses. Since the tie only acts as half a win and half a loss, their record would technically be 8.5-7.5.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 04:39 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Must wins were over a few weeks ago. Last week was draft positioning only. For that, we should keep losing.
I agree with your first sentence. I feel like the Baltimore game was more if the proverbial "gut check" game... Apparently they have no guts.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If the Steelers and Ravens are both at 9-7, the NFL tie-breaking procedures are as follows:

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

Right now the Ravens are 1-0 against the Steelers and 4-0 in the division and currently to have an edge, but it is possible that both temas go 3-2 the rest of the way and Pittsburgh wins their rematch. If forced to start looking at strength of victory, strength of schedule, and points scored vs points allowed, I would give Pittsburgh a slight advantage.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote