Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hyundai subsidiary has used child labor at Alabama factory
(08-05-2022, 04:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My wife is an investigator for Child Protective Services, I'm her venting/decompression listener for all of the hardship and ugliness that she has to deal with.

Good.  Im just a bit confused why people in more capitalistic professions aren't supposed to point out or complain about child abuse.  It just seems oddly specific to this thread. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:06 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: is there a reason you dont just ask him. he said it pretty clear.

Why don't you just accept my genuine request for you to help me understand your point and his instead of talking down to me. 
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Why don't you just accept my genuine request for you to help me understand your point and his instead of talking down to me. 

i was agreeing with sunset bengals point. if you disagree with his point, take it up with him. i agree with him.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:12 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i was agreeing with sunset bengals point. if you disagree with his point, take it up with him. i agree with him.

If you agree with him then you should be able to explain why you think people who earn an honest living if any kind have to sit stuff like this out. 

You're complaining about illegal immigrants all the time. Do you need to shut up and  join ICE or something?

I just asked what you personally do to combat issues like the one in this thread that puts you above the rest of us who simply whine on the internet about stuff. 
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If you agree with him then you should be able to explain why you think people who earn an honest living if any kind have to sit stuff like this out. 

You're complaining about illegal immigrants all the time. Do you need to shut up and  join ICE or something?

I just asked what you personally do to combat issues like the one in this thread that puts you above the rest of us who simply whine on the internet about stuff. 

ive own a farm that my boy now runs cause of my health issues. but for the last over 30 years my farm has given food to the poor to food banks and free food giveawys at vfw's and local churches. i also volunteer all the time. alwasys have. any community things i can do i try to do. we have used to have a car lot where we would take in cars fix them up good and let families who didnt have lots of money only pay 300 down and 100 a month. we helped lots of folks get cars who couldnt afford big payments. whenever some one lose everthing in a fire, we give them food, money and use our church connections to try help them find a place to live. my family always looking to help out
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:24 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: ive own a farm that my boy now runs cause of my health issues. but for the last over 30 years my farm has given food to the poor to food banks and free food giveawys at vfw's and local churches. i als volunteer all the time. alwasys have. any community things i can do i try to do. we have used to have a car lot where we would take in cars fix them up good and let families who didnt have lots of money only pay 300 down and 100 a month. we helped lots of folks get cars who couldnt afford big payments. my family always looking to help out

Notice how I'm not telling you that your job doesn't permit you to complain about and seek relief for child abuse and exploitation. 

We are all in this together so thank you for contributing to society.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Notice how I'm not telling you that your job doesn't permit you to complain about and seek relief for child abuse and exploitation. 

We are all in this together so thank you for contributing to society.

what are you doing to help society being on this site all day complaing about peoples opinions
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:37 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: what are you doing to help society being on this site all day complaing about peoples opinions

I run a factory that employs children. 
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I run a factory that employs children. 

i answered your question but you cant answer mine?
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:41 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i answered your question but you cant answer mine?

I'm an analyst and processor for a defense contactor.  I will admit I'm genuinely ashamed at how much time I waste posting on here, though. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 09:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: This should probably be a bigger story:

A Reuters review of the records shows SMART has been assessed with at least $48,515 in OSHA penalties since 2013, and was most recently fined this year. OSHA inspections at SMART have documented violations including crush and amputation hazards at the factory.

I am very concerned with that part. 50k since 2013 isn't much, yet acting like it's "BIG Money" for a company this size. 

If they've had all these violations over the years like the picture they are trying to paint, then repeat penalties will have fines that are progressive. So either the fines aren't enough of a deterrent or the previous violations weren't much.

Why weren't the people that work there reporting this to OSHA? If they are worried about losing their job, they can report it anonymously. 

Lastly, the father knew these kids were working. He should be implicated as well.
Reply/Quote