Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’d bet someone good money we’re gonna see the same D Pittsburg played against Dallas
I think the tape is out on us and it’s time to buckle in and enjoy seeing cover 2, and cover 2 man all year.

Imo Burrow was just rusty and lagged on his reads. The 1st play of the game he read the coverage correctly(unless him targeting Boyd was just random) and he went at the guy that should’ve been open against cover 2. Now he held it too long, threw a shit pass on top of it and basically gave Minkah WeakAssTrick an invitation to the pick by eyeing Boyd from the snap but that was where the ball should’ve been.

But yeah I’d even bet someone good money that every team defends us from a cover 2 base all year.

To get past this we have to attack deep often and with accuracy. The cover 2 defense is great at stopping the pass if the opposing QB doesn’t have sideline accuracy. Burrow does have that so i am a bit perplexed as to why the Steelers rocked him so badly.

Zac Taylor is in a make or break imo. It’s his job to come out with beaters for the defenses he knows his QB will face. Burrow should not have to be alone in reading defenses. Zac needs to be in his ear helping him. No matter how good Joe is he is still young and these defenses are complicated.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Dallas' pass rush outside of Parsons is pretty bad. Their 2nd highest sack guy left, and their 3rd highest sack guy had 5.0 sacks, and before that he had 2.5 in his previous 3 years in the league.

The Steelers have 5 guys on their DL who got more sacks last year than anyone on the Cowboys not named Parsons did last year.

Just because you know what to do, doesn't mean you have the people to do it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
People have been playing cover 2 against us since the middle of last year. This is nothing new. The fact we weren't prepared for it was the rust and lack of practice and Burrows medical conditions.

They know this is coming. but not every team has the safety's to play Cover 2 as well as Pitt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 06:53 PM)Stewy Wrote: People have been playing cover 2 against us since the middle of last year. This is nothing new. The fact we weren't prepared for it was the rust and lack of practice and Burrows medical conditions.

They know this is coming. but not every team has the safety's to play Cover 2 as well as Pitt.

Bingo. And Chase still put up 130 & 2 TD’s on them.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
They’re asking to much of Burrow to early.Sure,he’s gonna say he’s fine,and 100% ready to go,but he’s not.He didn’t even get in a full camp.Never played a snap in a pre-season game,after suffering appendectomy surgery as a result of a busted appendix,and losing 25 pounds.All he could do was drive the Golf Cart around the field.He is human you know.
He will be fine I’m sure,but it may be a couple more games before I would declare him 100%,that is,if he’s stays injury free behind this OL.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 07:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bingo. And Chase still put up 130 & 2 TD’s on them.

Crazier is he could’ve easily had 3 TDS of our coaches up top wanted to do their jobs that day
-Housh
Reply/Quote
They blitz Parsons all over the place. I expect him to target the left side and Collins a lot
Reply/Quote
If they run the ball effectively they can’t run cover 2. They have to stack the box. It’s kind of simple but the line needs to play better to do that
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 09:19 PM)Housh Wrote: Crazier is he could’ve easily had 3 TDS of our coaches up top wanted to do their jobs that day

That’s the one I’m counting as the 2nd. The league confirmed it would have been a TD had they challenged it.

Reply/Quote
Burrows throws looked weak compared to last year lot of tipped balls from Collins guy too he needs to get into his guy's chest so he cannot tip balls all day long.

Burrow also looked unsure and lost at times our team was not properly prepared for the season. Burrow was injured from surgery, but the o-line could of and should have got a lot more work together.

I agree if something is working keep using it so yes, I expect to see that defense more this year until we prove we can beat it.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 09:24 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If they run the ball effectively they can’t run cover 2. They have to stack the box. It’s kind of simple but the line needs to play better to do that

Can't believe I had to scroll that long for someone to say this. 

Bengals need to run the ball and to the middle of the field/check down against cover two. We have the personal to beat it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Can't believe I had to scroll that long for someone to say this. 

Bengals need to run the ball and to the middle of the field/check down against cover two. We have the personal to beat it. 

Yeah, I'm not an advocate for running the ball but if a team wants to sit two high all game, you have to be able to succeed in the run game. If Cincinnati can't have success running the ball and they are forced to just air it out, it will be frustrating. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:02 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, I'm not an advocate for running the ball but if a team wants to sit two high all game, you have to be able to succeed in the run game. If Cincinnati can't have success running the ball and they are forced to just air it out, it will be frustrating. 

We looked better running the ball between the tackles last week. The runs to the outside seemed to get stuffed for no gain more often. We should make sure we are running the ball to the right side as well behind the three vets. We ran towards Volson and Williams side too much for my liking last week.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:20 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: We looked better running the ball between the tackles last week. The runs to the outside seemed to get stuffed for no gain more often. We should make sure we are running the ball to the right side as well behind the three vets. We ran towards Volson and Williams side too much for my liking last week.

Here is the data.

Left End - three rushes, 0 yards
Left Tackle - six rushes, 2 yards per carry
Left Guard - three rushes, 5.6 yards per carry
Middle - 10 rushes, 2.3 yards per carry
Right Guard - three rushes, 11.6 yards per carry
Right Tackle - four rushes, 0.25 yards per carry

Between the tackles was...

16 carries, 4.68 yards per carry. However, it was a bit boom or bust, right? They weren't consistent, but they ripped off a long run. That run counts and I don't want to discount it, but I would like to see some more consistency instead of getting stuffed and ripping a long one. Outside of that big run by Mixon, they had 15 carries for 2.9 yards per carry between the tackles. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 12:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s the one I’m counting as the 2nd. The league confirmed it would have been a TD had they challenged it.

Ive never seen an official statement by NFL on Chase catch that actually would be a bit unusual by the NFL to make an official statement on a non challenge, where did you see the statement by league?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 06:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dallas' pass rush outside of Parsons is pretty bad. Their 2nd highest sack guy left, and their 3rd highest sack guy had 5.0 sacks, and before that he had 2.5 in his previous 3 years in the league.

The Steelers have 5 guys on their DL who got more sacks last year than anyone on the Cowboys not named Parsons did last year.

Just because you know what to do, doesn't mean you have the people to do it.

I guess today may tell us how bad our line really is then.

Reply/Quote
All money is good money
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:31 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Here is the data.

Left End - three rushes, 0 yards
Left Tackle - six rushes, 2 yards per carry
Left Guard - three rushes, 5.6 yards per carry
Middle - 10 rushes, 2.3 yards per carry
Right Guard - three rushes, 11.6 yards per carry
Right Tackle - four rushes, 0.25 yards per carry

Between the tackles was...

16 carries, 4.68 yards per carry. However, it was a bit boom or bust, right? They weren't consistent, but they ripped off a long run. That run counts and I don't want to discount it, but I would like to see some more consistency instead of getting stuffed and ripping a long one. Outside of that big run by Mixon, they had 15 carries for 2.9 yards per carry between the tackles. 

Bengals run better in the shotgun because teams are expecting pass and go cover 2 against the Bengals. If the Bengals are under center teams drop a safety and play 8 in the box because tendencies going back to last year say run.

Bengals coaches need to do a better job taking advantage of these tendencies they have worked theirselves into... like more 3/5 step drops from under center maybe some mesh concepts force defenses to drop play cover 2 or a cover 1 overhang so it opens up the run game more.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:44 AM)Synric Wrote: Bengals run better in the shotgun because teams are expecting pass and go cover 2 against the Bengals. If the Bengals are under center teams drop a safety and play 8 in the box because tendencies going back to last year say run.

Bengals coaches need to do a better job taking advantage of these tendencies they have worked theirselves into... like more 3/5 step drops from under center maybe some mesh concepts force defenses to drop play cover 2 or a cover 1 overhang so it opens up the run game more.

Makes sense. Unfortunately, I don't have any formational data available to me but this all lines up with what I have been seeing in game. I've seen, and argued, that the Bengals have more success running from shotgun than under center. I wouldn't complain if they largely took the UC plays out of the playbook and implemented more RPO/PA from gun. 
Reply/Quote