Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’m On To Cleveland
It’s the battle of Ohio on Thursday night, the nationally televised game in prime time, and the 0-1 Bengals will be in Cleveland with 4,000 fans present.

What could possibly go wrong?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I say we actually win this game. The Browns scare me a lot less than the Chargers. The Chargers have a scary good DL, which if anyone has as good of pass rushers as the Chargers it's going to be a tough game for us.
Reply/Quote
The Browns are gonna be ticked not only from losing so bad today but losing to the Bengals on the last game last year. No matter what happens, they get a week and a half to rest and plan for the next game after that though.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s the battle of Ohio on Thursday night, the nationally televised game in prime time, and the 0-1 Bengals will be in Cleveland with 4,000 fans present.  

Randy Bullock could be back in the lineup.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s the battle of Ohio on Thursday night, the nationally televised game in prime time, and the 0-1 Bengals will be in Cleveland with 4,000 fans present.  

Reader had to leave the game with cramps, and we got gashed by the run the whole time he was out.

So do you feel his conditioning will get better by Thursday to be able to stay in there against Chub and Hunt, who were the only bright spots the Browns had today?

In other words, do we feel that we can hold them under the 132 yards they got against Baltimore, averaging 5.5 and 6 YPC respectively?

I don't see how Atkins will be able to go by then either, and it looks like we need to find a kicker and get them through the Covid protocol in time to practice before then.

Outside of that, should be a piece of cake!
Reply/Quote
With a loss to the Cleveland Browns, Zac Taylor will officially be on the hot seat. Remember, Mike Brown only fired Marvin Lewis after the year he lost to the Browns twice. That’s the Mikey Boy criterion for keeping a head coach.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: With a loss to the Cleveland Browns, Zac Taylor will officially be on the hot seat. Remember, Mike Brown only fired Marvin Lewis after the year he lost to the Browns twice.  That’s the Mikey Boy criterion for keeping a head coach.

16 years later we will still be calling for Zac's head.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Burrow got his feet wet without a preseason. We should have won this game. No excuses though. We HAVE to finish out these games or else we'll end up like last year again. Taylor needs to preach on staying motivated to win throughout the entire game.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: With a loss to the Cleveland Browns, Zac Taylor will officially be on the hot seat. Remember, Mike Brown only fired Marvin Lewis after the year he lost to the Browns twice.  That’s the Mikey Boy criterion for keeping a head coach.

You keep saying this but it has 0% credibility and makes just as much logical sense. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hope defense comes to play, Mayfield's will turn it over for us. Burrow needs to step up and lead us to a W.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:48 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Reader had to leave the game with cramps, and we got gashed by the run the whole time he was out.

So do you feel his conditioning will get better by Thursday to be able to stay in there against Chub and Hunt, who were the only bright spots the Browns had today?

In other words, do we feel that we can hold them under the 132 yards they got against Baltimore, averaging 5.5 and 6 YPC respectively?

I don't see how Atkins will be able to go by then either, and it looks like we need to find a kicker and get them through the Covid protocol in time to practice before then.

Outside of that, should be a piece of cake!

We ran for 157 on Bmore in game 2, last year, so it's not like Bmore are world-beaters against the run (plus, the playoffs against Tennessee).

They are most-likely down Wills for Thursday, Conklin was hobbling here and there (which to me, suggests that he's not 100%) and Hayseed looked terrible like he always does.

Then there's ODB (thank you Brandon Gaudin), who was awful/a ghost today, so who knows?

It's another toss-up game, but we match up to them much better than the Chargers.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
You're just not going to win many games in the NFL scoring less than 20 points. This loss was on the oline, who gave Burrow zero protection for the first half. And on Ross for dropping a touchdown and making up for it with a false start. We should be better in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
That was a statement game for the D. And we were missing a few key players. Yes, the sack stat line is 0 pressures didnt pop off the screen but the D has shown a cohesiveness with attitude.

Cleveland will be a much tougher task. With the way the oline got it together towards the end, I See a much bigger number on our scoreboard.

Reply/Quote

Are you on to Cleveland game one or two against them? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:15 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We ran for 157 on Bmore in game 2, last year, so it's not like Bmore are world-beaters against the run (plus, the playoffs against Tennessee).

They are most-likely down Wills for Thursday, Conklin was hobbling here and there (which to me, suggests that he's not 100%) and Hayseed looked terrible like he always does.

Then there's ODB (thank you Brandon Gaudin), who was awful/a ghost today, so who knows?

It's another toss-up game, but we match up to them much better than the Chargers.

Don't insult the memory of Old Dirty Bastard by comparing him to Beckham.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:31 AM)jason Wrote: Don't insult the memory of Old Dirty Bastard by comparing him to Beckham.

LOL

If you watch the highlights from last year's game, Gaudin says something like, "finally, ODB with- I mean OBJ with a catch."
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Remember what happened in the 2nd game last year after a close loss in week 1 to a far superior team?

Let's not repeat that.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:56 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Remember what happened in the 2nd game last year after a close loss in week 1 to a far superior team?

Let's not repeat that.

The Browns ain’t the 9ers...

That said, they got absolutely embarrassed by the Ravens, so they’re going to be hungry for a win.

Reply/Quote
I've decided to embrace this team for the levity it provides.

Having fun envisioning how they could crap on the car seat. I'm thinking the Bungs will be in another last-minute scoring drive to tie or win, and they actually put it in the end zone this time.

Problem being, they went the wrong way and the Browns/Refs didn't advise us.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:56 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Remember what happened in the 2nd game last year after a close loss in week 1 to a far superior team?

Let's not repeat that.

In response to your other post. The answer is Bobby Bacala from the Sopranos.
Reply/Quote