Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
I’m On To Pittsburgh
(09-22-2019, 09:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You do know IF we beat them in Pittsburgh, people will act like we won the SB.

After the first 3 games of this season, the division games are all that I'm really looking forward to. The Bengals have almost no chance of salvaging this season and getting to the playoffs, but I still want to have a bit of fun watching them this year. 

If they can win in Pittsburgh, I imagine that it'll be pretty fun for me.

As a Bengals fan, I'll take what I can get.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was waiting for someone to highlight this stat. It comes up every year when teams start 0-1 or 0-2.

We're toast. Maybe some day Mike will figure out how to run a team.

Experienced DC like Del Rio. And sign a LB like Jordan Hicks and a Guard like Saffold. That's what it would have took. Maybe LJ Fort for a backup.

Don't sign guys like Webb, Wynn, Miller, Dennard (might not play this year), and Preston Brown. Hicks had 25 tackles in the 1st 2 games.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Put the Buffalo game behind us because Steelers Week is here! I have a sneaking suspicion the Bengals will get their first win of the season on Monday Night against Pittsburgh. It’s a true turnaround because the Steelers usually hand the Bengals their first loss of the season. I saw the bumblebees play the 40-whiners and it was ugly; both teams were trying their best to give the game away.

NOTE: Mason Rudolph is a beast. He’s an accurate downfield passer, very mobile, and he’s absolutely freaking enormous. Ben Roethlisberger isn’t getting his job back in Pittsburgh without serious competition.

If I remember correct didn’t Pitt jump right in front of us to draft him. I always wondered if they knew we had our eyes on drafting him. Who knows come Monday it could be Finley Vs Rudolph the future is now....
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, we aren’t making the playoffs, so beating Pittsburgh would be our SB...

He's right.

It's not like they need the help. If the Steelers can't beat us, we beat ourselves. Only difference now is that it won't be a sex offender beating us, so there's that.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:07 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 11% of teams starting 0-2 make the playoffs.

5 teams since 1980 have made the playoffs after starting 0-3.
2.8% chance. Game, set, and match: Player two.

Time to figure out what this team will look like next year, unless AJ Green is some type of savior. Taylor is just trying to win for his job, and Andy may give him a chance to be 5-11 or so, and keep his job, but Andy has poor ROI at this point. When people say "we're just fielding the players who give us the best chance to win" it can mean poor return on investment in a situation like this. Your backup may just need in-game reps.

I think it will take at least 0-8 and Dalton playing obviously bad costing games for Taylor to make the switch. Once he does he can’t go back. I think he will keep that option in his pocket as long as he can. But then again we are thinking like a competent owner when in reality it’s just silly to think a losing record will get a Bengals coach fired. Heck even the thought of a QB being benched for poor play, but I think Taylor would do it. If it’s ok with daddy Brown. Marvin not so much.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Put the Buffalo game behind us because Steelers Week is here!  I have a sneaking suspicion the Bengals will get their first win of the season on Monday Night against Pittsburgh.  It’s a true turnaround because the Steelers usually hand the Bengals their first loss of the season.  I saw the bumblebees play the 40-whiners and it was ugly; both teams were trying their best to give the game away.

NOTE:  Mason Rudolph is a beast.  He’s an accurate downfield passer, very mobile, and he’s absolutely freaking enormous.  Ben Roethlisberger isn’t getting his job back in Pittsburgh without serious competition.

San Fran tried to give this game away with something like 5 turnovers!  I think our offense will struggle against them but I think our defense can keep their rushing attack in check.  Mason keeps running they will be to their third string.

I see this as a low-scoring game with it open to either team in the end.  Which likely means steelers 20, Bengals 14
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:45 PM)jason Wrote: I don't even know where to start with this one...

Definitely Miami but there are probably better uses of your time.
Reply/Quote