Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"I’m a little upset they got three points.”
(12-07-2015, 11:13 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Defense has been solid. So much better than last year and it starts with a healthy 97.

The real test will be this Sunday.

The freight train cometh Big Grin better get of the tracks.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 03:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Browns
vs Bengals: 6.5 pts
vs all others: 20.3 pts

Steelers
vs Bengals: 10 pts
vs all others: 27.4 pts

Texans
vs Bengals: 10 pts
vs all others: 22.1 pts

Rams
vs Bengals: 7 pts
vs all others: 16.5 pts

I'd understand your point if the D was simply playing decent against bad teams, but they're straight dominating. The Bengals have fared better against these teams than anyone else on their respective schedule's.

They've held the Steelers, Texans and Browns to their lowest scoring outputs of the season (an impressive feat), while holding the Rams to their 3rd lowest.
Great post! This says a lot about the D. Now, if the B's can avoid broken jaws, etc. next Sunday, the B's should beat the Pissburgh team..
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 10:02 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: Browns fans deserve so much better. Awful team, classic uniform overhauled for a Nike monstrosity, eugh, feel for them.

No they don't. They are blowhards who are unbearable when their team wins even a little.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 03:52 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The difference with Tez in the lineup is drastic. Since he came back, we've allowed 10 points or less in 5 of 6 games. The run D has improved leaps and bounds thanks to Burfict.

He and Jones have such high football IQs.  They instinctively know what the plays are going to be.  If you read Hill's (the CB) article he said during the Brown's game that Jones told him the play every time.  "He didn't miss." 

Burflict I think has that same eye for plays.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 09:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They also need to hang on to the 50s and 60s greatness.  The original plan was for the team history, uniforms, and name to simply go to Baltimore but Cleveland got to hang on to all of that; hence the Browns became the Ravens and a new team became the Browns.  Browns fans have it the worst.

They hold on to the greatness of 70 years ago because it is all they have.  I lived in Cleveland for a year after college, and I can tell you it was the most miserable experience of my life.  From September to April, every single days was cloudy and grey (a co-worker informed me they actually have more overcast days than Seattle).  They did not even have a team at that point, but you would see entire families wearing Browns gear, from head to toe, on Sundays.

What I always found ironic is that they refused to build a new stadium to keep the original Browns, but then built one to get an expansion franchise with the same name... they could have had Belichick and one of the greatest coaching staffs ever assembled, but they got a crappy expansion team and Baltimore got two Super Bowls and countless post season victories.  Basically what I'm saying is Cleveland SUCKS!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 02:33 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Actually the two games where the team gave up 24 points it was not the defense that gave up 24. In both those games the offense coughed it up for 6 the other way. The only team to actually exploit our defense was Arizona. Other than that game, I'd say our defense has played better than most people had hoped for.

I'm not sure I could be upset about 3 points yesterday. Had to be upset at all about a blow out win against the Browns.

Actually it was one quarter where our Defense got exploited in the Cardinals game. The rest of the game we pretty
much shut them down. The thing is we can shut down some of the best Offenses especially with Geno wrecking the
middle of the OL's we play.

This Defense is looking like a championship caliber Defense.

Also i will note that i saw a good play from Hunt in the Browns game. Shocked

Oh and Shaw played pretty damn good as well. This is nice seeing some of the depth players doing well.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 05:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Actually it was one quarter where our Defense got exploited in the Cardinals game. The rest of the game we pretty
much shut them down. The thing is we can shut down some of the best Offenses especially with Geno wrecking the
middle of the OL's we play.

This Defense is looking like a championship caliber Defense.

Also i will note that i saw a good play from Hunt in the Browns game. Shocked

Oh and Shaw played pretty damn good as well. This is nice seeing some of the depth players doing well.

I was just rewatching it and noticed the same thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote