Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’ve lost all hope in this team
Didn't you already make a post in the game day thread about switching teams to the steelers or something?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 01:22 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Didn't you already make a post in the game day thread about switching teams to the steelers or something?

Trademark wouldn’t say something like that, would he?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:19 PM)Trademark Wrote: Really wouldn’t surprise me if this team loses again Sunday. I fully expect Chubb to run for like 300 yards and Mayfield to tear this defense apart. Also doubt the crappy o-line stops Myles Garrett....

AJ Green may be playing and presents some hope that the offense will score more than the Browns.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 11:24 PM)Trademark Wrote: I hope they prove me wrong 

No you don't.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 02:10 AM)Beaker Wrote: No you don't.

Yes I do, I do love my team although it feels like an abusive relationship I’ve never seen them in a super bowl or ever win a playoff game. It just gets frustrating because I know there’s more to this team but they are stuck with a mediocre owner and coach. I really hope they do win but based off recent games it’s hard to be hopeful
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 02:16 AM)Trademark Wrote: Yes I do, I do love my team although it feels like an abusive relationship I’ve never seen them in a super bowl or ever win a playoff game. It just gets frustrating because I know there’s more to this team but they are stuck with a mediocre owner and coach. I really hope they do win but based off recent games it’s hard to be hopeful

Mike Brown does abuse common sense with regularity.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 11:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Of the teams you mentioned, the Colts have the easiest remaining schedule. The Chargers will get the fifth seed easily.

So you think the colts can go 5-1 to finish out the season? I bet none of these teams can do that. 9-7 or even 8-8 is taking sixth spot.

Chargers and fifth seed aren’t related to this conversation.
Reply/Quote
Oh boy. Another thread by the king of positive threads. I bet you're a blast at parties.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Let's be honest.

Most people had this team pegged at around 8-8 prior to the season. I know after the 3-0 start everyone had high hopes but this team just isn't as good as we thought. The D line has been a major disappointment, our linebackers are garbage, our o line is arguably the worst in the NFL, and Dalton is an average QB that can't lift his team when injuries occur.

Not to mention the fact that we have a very mediocre head coach. This team in all honest is exactly what most of us thought they would be prior to the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 09:08 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Let's be honest.

Most people had this team pegged at around 8-8 prior to the season.  I know after the 3-0 start everyone had high hopes but this team just isn't as good as we thought.  The D line has been a major disappointment, our linebackers are garbage, our o line is arguably the worst in the NFL, and Dalton is an average QB that can't lift his team when injuries occur.

Not to mention the fact that we have a very mediocre head coach.  This team in all honest is exactly what most of us thought they would be prior to the season.

I don't fully disagree.

However most thought that the addition of Price at Center and the subtraction of Paul Alexander would vastly improve our O-Line play.

This would of course help Mixon/Gio and give Dalton more time to make reads/throws.

Outside of missing Burfict at LB the first couple of games most people never dreamed our D would be this horrendous.

Especially with Billings playing so well in Pre-season it seemed that more pressure would ensure Atkins and Dunlap to thrive.

With that being said it should help our DBs as well and adding Brown would improve our linebackers.

I feel like there was much promise to improve and others thought that as well.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I've thought since the beginning of the season this team was at best a playoff bubble team that would have little to no chance of actually going anywhere in them. Now I'm thinking they don't make the playoffs so I'm a bit disappointed after the promising start but only a little.

Hope is not something we have with the Mike and Marvin show.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 10:10 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've thought since the beginning of the season this team was at best a playoff bubble team that would have little to no chance of actually going anywhere in them. Now I'm thinking they don't make the playoffs so I'm a bit disappointed after the promising start but only a little.

Hope is not something we have with the Mike and Marvin show.

As long as Marvin is the coach we have no hope...  even with a loaded roster and an owner willing to spend the moola.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm questioning some of the coaching decisions. Specifically with Mixon. Sitting him down after the 1st NO drive. Having him on the bench during the last Baltimore play. I see a lot of bad play but there are some gaffes that are creeping in that are backfiring.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 11:39 PM)motoarch Wrote: Who’s going 10-6?  Tennessee, Indy, Miami, Baltimore?  Frankly none of them are that good and we probably have tie breaks over all of them the way things play out if everyone finishes 9-7.  Having said that does it really matter if we limp into the playoffs.  I rather not go if we’re looking down the barrel of 0-8.

The biggest threat is the Colts.  They are playing pretty well now.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 02:16 AM)Trademark Wrote: Yes I do, I do love my team although it feels like an abusive relationship 

You mean abusive because youre always being negative in your "support" for the team you "love"?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 10:59 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: The biggest threat is the Colts.  They are playing pretty well now.  

They aren’t going 5-1 to finish the season and we beat them already.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 12:09 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: In the Marvin Lewis era only Mike Zimmer proved to be a playoff quality coordinator.

Zimmer's defense flopped in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 11:24 PM)Trademark Wrote: I hope they prove me wrong 

No you don't.

You made a thread early in the season about how bad the team was and some people gave you grief over it.  The next time they lost you were giggling with "I told you so" replies.

You love nothing better than playing your Bengal fan victim card.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 06:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No you don't.

You made a thread early in the season about how bad the team was and some people gave you grief over it.  The next time they lost you were giggling with "I told you so" replies.

You love nothing better than playing your Bengal fan victim card.

I do love my team so kindly be quiet
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I think injuries have been the single biggest cause of the downward spiral. The easy blame is coaching, but if you don't have the players available running 2nd and 3rd and sometimes PS players only out there you're pretty much screwed regardless of who is coaching.  I'm not defending the coaching staff because they've shown incompetence more times than not , but damned...you just ainta gonna win with the practice squad playing other teams starters.
To me this season is a complete wash. I just don't see a point to even thinking about the playoffs at this point. Just try to get the lower tier players as much playing time as possible and ready for the 2019 season. With a well established backup crew, a healthy starting crew and a very good draft (and a new coaching staff) 2019 may well pan out the way we all hoped 18 would.. It's a closed book for this season as far as I'm concerned .
Just for shitsnshitsngiggles who's prepared for us to finally beat Pittsburgh for the sole purpose of saving Marvin's job again ? (it's a rhetorical question..I already know the answer) 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote