Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Believe
I believe that if the Bengals had a different coach these past five years, the Bengals would have won at least TWO Super Bowls.

If Marvin Lewis had been fired after the 2010 season and the new coach drafted the same way, this team would be playing right now going for a Dynasty.

I called for Marvin to be fired many many times. I gave him a pass in 2011 and 2012 since I believe that it takes time to build around a new Rookie QB but 2013 through 2015, there is no excuse.

It's time to move on, bring in someone with fire in their belly, someone who knows how to coach, someone who knows how to gameplan, someone who motivates.

Maybe it's just anger, I don't know.
Reply/Quote
I believe if they trot out all these same coaches, same kicker, and same O line next year, I won't even bother. My patience is at an end after 35 plus years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We are winning nothing with this awful head coach and a QB who can't win big games and makes brutal mistakes at the worst possible times.
Reply/Quote
Here's what I want to hear or read about the day after the season is over...

"Today, there's been a big change in the Cincinnati Bengals Front Office. Today, Mike Brown retired as Owner/General Manager of the Cincinnati Bengals and handed control of the organization to his daughter Katie Blackburn who promptly made an announcement that Marvin Lewis and the entire coaching staff was fired and the search for a new coach had started."
Reply/Quote
lol if there were even a small chance of this happening. i'd be all in. bengal fans and i mean longtime bengal fans know deep down how this whole debacle will end. mostly in ending careers of pro athletes that had a chance to win a ring. it's a shame really. we ruin careers, or just simply can't develop careers. but we mostly destroy their chances of winning. championship, playoff game, division title etc....
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 09:39 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Here's what I want to hear or read about the day after the season is over...

"Today, there's been a big change in the Cincinnati Bengals Front Office. Today, Mike Brown retired as Owner/General Manager of the Cincinnati Bengals and handed control of the organization to his daughter Katie Blackburn who promptly made an announcement that Marvin Lewis and the entire coaching staff was fired and the search for a new coach had started."

I mean we'd almost have to have a parade.  It would be freezing (in Cincy not hell) but I'd drive a few hours to celebrate and cheer on Katie.  
Reply/Quote
We need a break and a SB.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 09:21 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I believe that if the Bengals had a different coach these past five years, the Bengals would have won at least TWO Super Bowls.

I believe if the Bengals had a different HC we would solve the major problem of world hunger...
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 09:58 PM)phil413 Wrote: I mean we'd almost have to have a parade.  It would be freezing (in Cincy not hell) but I'd drive a few hours to celebrate and cheer on Katie.  

I think the chances of what I put happening are so astronomical that you would have a better chance at winning the powerball twice while getting struck by lightning as an asteroid falls on anthill in your backyard destroying everything in a five mile radius with zero people dead except one guy who chokes on a single ant as it was thrown from the anthill and it's the neighbor who has a gorgeous wife that needs consoling and comes to you while winning the powerball again next month as it reaches $2 billion.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 10:07 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I think the chances of what I put happening are so astronomical that you would have a better chance at winning the powerball twice while getting struck by lightning as an asteroid falls on anthill in your backyard destroying everything in a five mile radius with zero people dead except one guy who chokes on a single ant as it was thrown from the anthill and it's the neighbor who has a gorgeous wife that needs consoling and comes to you while winning the powerball again next month as it reaches $2 billion.

[Image: so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 10:07 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I think the chances of what I put happening are so astronomical that you would have a better chance at winning the powerball twice while getting struck by lightning as an asteroid falls on anthill in your backyard destroying everything in a five mile radius with zero people dead except one guy who chokes on a single ant as it was thrown from the anthill and it's the neighbor who has a gorgeous wife that needs consoling and comes to you while winning the powerball again next month as it reaches $2 billion.

haha! that sounds about spot on!
Reply/Quote
I believe the rest of the season will be painful to watch.

Knowing my luck it will be freezing rain for the last 3 home games as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 09:54 PM)WildCat Wrote: lol if there were even a small chance of this happening. i'd be all in. bengal fans and i mean longtime bengal fans know deep down how this whole debacle will end. mostly in ending careers of pro athletes that had a chance to win a ring. it's a shame really. we ruin careers, or just simply can't develop careers. but we mostly destroy their chances of winning. championship, playoff game, division title etc....

Agree 100%!!

It is beyond sad what MB and 25 years of coaching staffs have done to these talented athletes.  If you never want to win anything meaningful, The Bengals are a one stop shop of despair futileness!
Reply/Quote
My fear is that we will get what we want with Marvin out but only to be replaced with Pauli G. Mark my words, If Pauli is promoted to HC fans will wish Marvin was still here. This team needs to make a statement now while they still have some talent on this team. If we keep Marvin for another year and under perform you might as well forget getting a decent coach. Its going to be hard now but you have to think with the talent this team still has ( and it does, just not showing this year ) that it would be somewhat enticing if Brown gives full control.
Reply/Quote