Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Bet Willie Jackson Feels Pretty Stupid Right Now!
(02-04-2022, 09:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It was reported AJ and Dunlap tweeted congrats, along with Gio and Whit's wife. I have yet to see anything from Dalton. Wonder what his thoughts are.

Andy posted congrats on his IG, on Monday.

(02-04-2022, 11:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hell, he had Chad, TJ, Chris Henry and Reggie Kelly, Rudi Johnson and Cedric Benson. He had plenty of weapons. 

Carsone had a ton of weapons, but Kelly was NOT one of them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 11:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hell, he had Chad, TJ, Chris Henry and Reggie Kelly, Rudi Johnson and Cedric Benson. He had plenty of weapons. 

Including Cedric Benson and Reggie Kelly on this list makes them stick out like sore thumbs. Lol.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 11:21 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Including Cedric Benson and Reggie Kelly on this list makes them stick out like sore thumbs. Lol.

Well Kelly was tongue in cheek, but ease up off CedBen. He went for over a 1000 yds in 2009, 2010, and 2011. Plus, he knocked the stuffing out of Polamalu.
Reply/Quote

And a better OLine.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I was watching a highlight video of one of our games last year and I kept noticing #22 giving up plays and thought "It's really nice to have a new #22 who's better and isn't a pain in the ass."
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 09:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It was reported AJ and Dunlap tweeted congrats, along with Gio and Whit's wife. I have yet to see anything from Dalton. Wonder what his thoughts are.

Dalton sent congratulations via IG or Twitter I can’t remember which but I seen it.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 11:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well Kelly was tongue in cheek, but ease up off CedBen. He went for over a 1000 yds in 2009, 2010, and 2011. Plus, he knocked the stuffing out of Polamalu.

That man had 1000 yards in 2010 with a 3.5 yard average, and he was under 4 ypc again in 2011. His only decent year was 2009, and even then he wasn't the epitome of efficiency. He wasn't very good here in Cinci, but I will always remember him for lighting up the Jets defense in that ugly playoff loss. Plus, him running over Troy P. was so awesome back in those days. 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 11:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well Kelly was tongue in cheek, but ease up off CedBen. He went for over a 1000 yds in 2009, 2010, and 2011. Plus, he knocked the stuffing out of Polamalu.

Always Ced is no longer alive so let’s not talk ill of the dead, R.I.P. Ced Ben and the lady that lost her life with him as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 10:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Remember when William Jackson III slammed us fans?!

Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

I hope you enjoy your time in Washington, where your team isn't even ranked in the top twenty rankings for next season!

Meanwhile, if we shore up our offensive line, it looks like we could be a lead contender to make it to another Super Bowl and start a dynasty!

[Image: keep-hatin.gif]

We feed off the hate!

I don't really care about the guys that aren't here any longer.  I held on to a lot of Palmer hate for the way he crapped on the franchise, but the great thing is that everything we have endured as fans has led us to where we are at today.

When constantly asked why I still love and support this team (before this year), I would always have the same reply:  "Because when they finally do win it all, it will be the most amazing thing ever".

Well, it has been an absolutely incredible ride, and I have a good feeling that Burrow just won't be stopped and the defense will remain up to the task.

Who dey!
Reply/Quote

Well Chris Henry no fault of the team was hit or miss if he would be available. We let TJ get away on what I remember as being a silght difference in pay. Even TJ made comments about regretting leaving for just a little bit more money. I mainly meant after TJ left I think we could've done more as far weapons specifically in the passing game. 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 11:51 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: That man had 1000 yards in 2010 with a 3.5 yard average, and he was under 4 ypc again in 2011. His only decent year was 2009, and even then he wasn't the epitome of efficiency. He wasn't very good here in Cinci, but I will always remember him for lighting up the Jets defense in that ugly playoff loss. Plus, him running over Troy P. was so awesome back in those days. 

It was overshadowed by the loss which I think mainly fell on Shayne Graham. But Ced Ben was electric in that Jets playoff game. 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 12:43 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well Chris Henry no fault of the team was hit or miss if he would be available. We let TJ get away on what I remember as being a silght difference in pay. Even TJ made comments about regretting leaving for just a little bit more money. I mainly meant after TJ left I think we could've done more as far weapons specifically in the passing game. 

TJ was absolutely a beneficiary of Chad Johnson pulling coverage his way..Not that that in and of itself is a bad thing.. He was never going to be the number 1 anyway. He just seemed to drop off to nowhere when he left. I dunno..I don't really follow former players on other teams..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Literally haven't thought about the guy once since he made that remark.

I'm beyond caring. Hope he found the situation he was looking for.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 01:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: TJ was absolutely a beneficiary of Chad Johnson pulling coverage his way..Not that that in and of itself is a bad thing.. He was never going to be the number 1 anyway. He just seemed to drop off to nowhere when he left. I dunno..I don't really follow former players on other teams..

Yeah you may be right. He didn't live up to what Seattle had hoped and I believe only played the one season then was released? I may be wrong on that. I also don't remember him going anywhere else. That was essentially his comments that he would tell players if your in a good situation and working well with your team it may not be worth it to go somewhere else for just a little bit more money.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 11:21 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Including Cedric Benson and Reggie Kelly on this list makes them stick out like sore thumbs. Lol.

Benson absolutely carried the 09 team.  Chad was slowing down, Henry was, well, deceased, and they had like 5 tight ends go down in camp.  It was Benson's one great season, but he was a monster throughout it.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 12:43 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well Chris Henry no fault of the team was hit or miss if he would be available. We let TJ get away on what I remember as being a silght difference in pay. Even TJ made comments about regretting leaving for just a little bit more money. I mainly meant after TJ left I think we could've done more as far weapons specifically in the passing game. 
It may have been a bit more money but I'm pretty sure TJ left because he thought he could be the #1 receiver on a team and then got to Seattle(?) and realized that he couldn't handle all the attention being on him on the field or off. I say off because I remember him chiming in on the Chad Johnson holdout when it had nothing to do with him (I think that's right?).
(02-04-2022, 01:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: TJ was absolutely a beneficiary of Chad Johnson pulling coverage his way..Not that that in and of itself is a bad thing.. He was never going to be the number 1 anyway. He just seemed to drop off to nowhere when he left. I dunno..I don't really follow former players on other teams..
Exactly. TJ was a possession receiver and there's nothing wrong with that because he played a big role in our offense and helped keep the chains moving.
(02-04-2022, 02:48 PM)samhain Wrote: Benson absolutely carried the 09 team.  Chad was slowing down, Henry was, well, deceased, and they had like 5 tight ends go down in camp.  It was Benson's one great season, but he was a monster throughout it.

Yep but '09 was when Marvin wanted to dedicate to the run so Bratkowski took that as running the ball on first and second down no matter what, keep the game close, and then have Palmer win us games in the two-minute drill. That team could have been special with even decent coaching.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 10:43 AM)Destro Wrote: Sorry if I missed it, even on here, ( I'm not a social media guy ), has there been anything from Chad about this? 

(02-04-2022, 10:59 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Not that I've seen but he's shown his support several times this season so he's undoubtedly rooting for the Bengals. I think we need him put out a Bengals hype video before the Superbowl.

He tweeted a bunch of reactions when we won. Most of them filled with expletives LOL

Here’s one that was actually SFW

Reply/Quote

TJ was the best Compliment Chad could have. TJ did the dirty stuff for the offense and moved the chains.

People forget but he took significantly less money to stay with us in 2005. The dude could have easily gotten more money elsewhere in free agency. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 04:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He tweeted a bunch of reactions when we won. Most of them filled with expletives LOL

Here’s one that was actually SFW

I love Chad Johnson. He was so fun when he was here and I love that he's so positive and likes the team. Just seems like a really all around good guy. 
Reply/Quote