Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Can't Root For 0-16 for Bengals
Can't do it.

I saw some Bengal Fans on TV in Oakland with paper bags on their head. I hope they didn't fly there to do that. Bags said Burrow Bags, and I'm not sold on drafting a QB. I'm not into losing every game to get Burrow. Gophers burrow. I don't want team to burrow to 0-16 to get Burrow.

So I'm hoping Bengals beat Steelers, Jets, Browns, Dolphins and blow up this whole 0-16 burrow for Burrow stuff.

Watching the Raiders game, I can't root for 0-16. Especially seeing Tate on the ground like that or the hard effort team put out on Defense for a change, the running game improving which means blocking doing something right now. Nope, can't root for the Steelers to beat Bengals next week. Can't do it, Won't do it.

I hope people were not stupid enough to fly from Cincy to Oakland and then wear a bag on their head. If you are going to spend that much money, the bag becomes contrary. I mean, if you are that down on the team, you don't fly across USA to the game.

OK, I wish they weren't 0-10 and 1-17 since mid 2018. Still, I can't root for Steelers to beat them. In fact I want Bengals to SPOIL Steelers slim wild card hopes, just as Steelers have ruined many of our play-off hopes over the years. Pay Back Time. I want Steelers out of Wild Card and I want it to be BENGALS that hang the loss on Steelers that sends them under .500 late in the season. SWEET REVENGE
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I would stop watching the Bengals before wallowing in the ol' bag on the head thing.

To each is his own.

This ownership and his crew can waste somebody else money, time, emotions.

It ain't gonna be mine.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I can!
BUNGLE for BURROW!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
This entire organization needs one gigantic, overwhelming and unmistakable humiliation, and that's what 0-16 would be. I'm pulling for it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow probably isn't enough to help this team out unfortunately. That's the thing about getting a QB this next draft. By the time the team is built, he would be long run out the jungle.

People don't want to hear this (or live through the bad seasons) but it's going to take a run of top 5 picks (3-4 years) to get this thing heading in the right direction again. Especially with no extra picks to count on.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
People don't drive downtown to go to games. Those guys sure as hell didn't fly to Oakland.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 10:56 AM)jj22 Wrote: Burrow probably isn't enough to help this team out unfortunately. That's the thing about getting a QB this next draft. By the time the team is built, he would be long run out the jungle.

People don't want to hear this (or live through the bad seasons) but it's going to take a run of top 5 picks (3-4 years) to get this thing heading in the right direction again. Especially with no extra picks to count on.

Yeah, the last two games show the futility of trying to fix this team with a QB switch.  But it's just the tip of the iceburg. Green may have already decided that there's no chance he'll play in stripes again.  The defensive stars are getting low on tread.

The trouble is that now they've pretty much burned their QB relationship.  So given how often things fall this way you may need to take the guy when he's available. 

To turn this team around they need quality starters at QB, OT(x2), WR, LB(x2), and CB(x2).   In their current scheme that's four drafts if they're lucky.
Reply/Quote
I think 1-15 or maybe 2-14 would still secure the #1 pick. So we can root for those two records, if you'd prefer.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers played worse against the Browns than I expected.
The Bengals played better against the Raiders than I expected.
The Steelers looked awful.
The Bengals O Line was helping Mixon gain yards and the Defense looked much better.
So the Bengals could beat a struggling Steelers.
The Steelers are 5-5 and still have play-off hopes.
The Bengals can put Steelers under .500 at 5-6 and kill their play-off hopes.
The Steelers have ruined Bengals play-off hopes many times.
Pay Back and Revenge. BEAT STEELERS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I hope PBS burns down with Mikey locked inside
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 01:12 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: I hope PBS burns down with Mikey locked inside

One thing is for sure, you are Mike’s biggest fan. Lol
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 05:48 AM)kevin Wrote: Can't do it.

I saw some Bengal Fans on TV in Oakland with paper bags on their head.  I hope they didn't fly there to do that.  Bags said Burrow Bags, and I'm not sold on drafting a QB.   I'm not into losing every game to get Burrow.   Gophers burrow.  I don't want team to burrow to 0-16 to get Burrow.  

So I'm hoping Bengals beat Steelers, Jets, Browns, Dolphins and blow up this whole 0-16 burrow for Burrow stuff.

Watching the Raiders game, I can't root for 0-16.  Especially seeing Tate on the ground like that or the hard effort team put out on Defense for a change, the running game improving which means blocking doing something right now.  Nope, can't root for the Steelers to beat Bengals next week.  Can't do it, Won't do it.  

I hope people were not stupid enough to fly from Cincy to Oakland and then wear a bag on their head.  If you are going to spend that much money, the bag becomes contrary.  I mean, if you are that down on the team, you don't fly across USA to the game.

OK, I wish they weren't 0-10 and 1-17 since mid 2018.  Still, I can't root for Steelers to beat them.  In fact I want Bengals to SPOIL Steelers slim wild card hopes, just as Steelers have ruined many of our play-off hopes over the years.  Pay Back Time.  I want Steelers out of Wild Card and I want it to be BENGALS that hang the loss on Steelers that sends them under .500 late in the season.  SWEET REVENGE

I want the 1st overall pick at this point if we have to be embarrassed we might as well get something out of it.

But I too am rooting for at elast 1 win we do not want to join the historically bad browns and lions
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 11:27 PM)kevin Wrote: The Steelers played worse against the Browns than I expected.  
The Bengals played better against the Raiders than I expected.
The Steelers looked awful.
The Bengals O Line was helping Mixon gain yards and the Defense looked much better.
So the Bengals could beat a struggling Steelers.
The Steelers are 5-5 and still have play-off hopes.
The Bengals can put Steelers under .500 at 5-6 and kill their play-off hopes.
The Steelers have ruined Bengals play-off hopes many times.
Pay Back and Revenge.  BEAT STEELERS.

if the steelers offense plays like it did vs the browns and our Defense like it did vs the raiders we might be able to take this one
Reply/Quote
Yeah surely nobody can root for 0-16... that's a historical level of embarrassment which even we have so far avoided. Sounds silly but it is important for us to win one game this season. No more than one game though!
Reply/Quote
Here's my prediction:

The Bengals finish 1-15 with their only win against...(Are you ready for it?)... the New England Patriots. Then the Pats go on to win the Super Bowl and that's all Mikey Boy needs as proof that the team is heading in the right direction and nothing changes. That's right. You heard it here first.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 10:16 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This entire organization needs one gigantic, overwhelming and unmistakable humiliation, and that's what 0-16 would be. I'm pulling for it.

Nothing embarrasses this organization. 0-16 will not even register. Business as usual.
Reply/Quote
You don't have to "root" for 0-16 but you should root for whatever is needed to get the highest draft pick possible.
As of right now, the Bengals are the only winless team and Washington is the only team with 1 win.
I'm not sure if Washington would get the tiebreaker for 1st overall pick if the Bengals won a game.

And if the concern is being "embarrassed" by being 0-16, well the Bengals wouldn't have been the first team to have that record and it's not like they can get any more embarrassing than they did back in the 90's, so I'm not overly concerned about going 0-16.
Besides, do we really hear any media nowadays bringing up the Browns or Lions going 0-16? Nope. It's just a blip on the radar.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
That guy with the bag on his head in Oakland that said, "Chase Young not Wins." That's an instant classic.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 10:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if the steelers offense plays like it did vs the browns and our Defense like it did vs the raiders we might be able to take this one

Right, and it would be GREAT to see Bengals SPOILER of Steelers play-off hopes.  Well, a combo of Browns last week and Bengals this week. 

As for wanting that 1st pick, as I say, if they are going to draft QB Burrow first pick, I don't want 1st pick.  Boomer Esiason and Burrow Bags on heads and I can see where this team is leaning on 1st pick.  I still say they need to fix the O Line and the Defense first and QB is not our worst position. In the Top 5 on most boards there is the Ohio State edge rusher in D, and the left tackle from SEC on offense.  Bengals have not drafted a top pick LB in forever, and in #2, I would like to see them grab that Alabama LB.  

So I don't want pick #1 because to me drafting a QB when you have all these weaknesses on O Line and Defense is the wrong way to rebuild this team.  

Mostly it would be nice to see the new coach and the team start to turn things around this season.  See some players step up this season.  I like them going back to the run, and I felt the rookie coach was way too pass happy as a virgin coach. I think he see's now that you have to also run the ball.  Mixon wasn't getting any carries and now he is.  Also pass blocking takes more talent than run blocking.  Just have these Moon Pies line up and fire off on the run blocks more.   This O Line lacks talent, but it has as many Moon Pie butts as any team.  Fast feet in pass blocking NO, but they can put a body on somebody run blocking. 

Again, last place Bengals playing SPOILER to Steelers play-off hopes would be PAY BACK for all the times Steelers SPOILED our play-off hopes since 1970 merger. ....but don't stop there. Then beat Jets, Browns, Dolphins.....Lets see some players show they belong on this team next year....let some other team take Burrow, we have weaker positions than QB, we need major Defense and O line help.  Do Not Burrow For Burrow. BEAT STEELERS. 

Then I'll add, they did play hard last week. With Tate on the ground and put in 911 ambulance, well, if I did have on a paper bag, I would have taken it off. That's just me, but as Tate taken off the field, that paper bag comes off.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 11:43 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think 1-15 or maybe 2-14 would still secure the #1 pick. So we can root for those two records, if you'd prefer.

If we are second to Washington, I doubt they pick a QB.

Reply/Quote