Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Can't Root For 0-16 for Bengals
I've been on this board and the mothership for about a dozen years. Many times over the course of that tenure people wrote about wanting the team to lose instead of win to 'shake things up.' I never bought into that and argued against it, shaking my head at those who wished for losses. I never wanted this team to lose, and always jokingly said that even if they went 2-14, I could handle it if those two wins came against the Clowns. It goes against every fiber of my being to actively root against this team, especially when I'm seeing the home games in person.

This season has broken my resolve, though. There's little to no chance this idiot family will ever attempt to run this team like an NFL franchise striving to win a championship. But, if 0-16 can help spur that, even if it's only a miniscule chance, then bring it on.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 05:48 AM)kevin Wrote: Can't do it.

I wrote an email to Lou and Zac Monday. I explained the importance of this fanbase of winning against the Steelers. Lou wrote back and said, "100% all in!!! Beat Steelers!!!" Hopefully that gives you some fuel in your tank.

(11-20-2019, 01:12 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: I hope PBS burns down with Mikey locked inside

Mellow  Damn dude?

(11-20-2019, 11:18 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yeah surely nobody can root for 0-16... that's a historical level of embarrassment which even we have so far avoided. Sounds silly but it is important for us to win one game this season. No more than one game though!

I see what your saying. We've already been embarrassed pretty bad and hoping for a total embarrassment is equal to the car you have spent so much money to keep running and finally dies, so you wan't to kick the shit out of it and pour gas on it on the side of the highway and watch it burn for pissing on your efforts to keep it alive (shit, I need to see a counselor). If we win 1, we are ok. If we win 2, we are still ok. Washington is not going to use a 1st on a QB. 

(11-20-2019, 11:49 AM)Mer Wrote: Here's my prediction:

The Bengals finish 1-15 with their only win against...(Are you ready for it?)... the New England Patriots. Then the Pats go on to win the Super Bowl and that's all Mikey Boy needs as proof that the team is heading in the right direction and nothing changes. That's right. You heard it here first.

Damnit! I would love to say your wrong, but I just can't? That dude just, well, whatever.

(11-20-2019, 09:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: This season has broken my resolve, though.  There's little to no chance this idiot family will ever attempt to run this team like an NFL franchise striving to win a championship.  But, if 0-16 can help spur that, even if it's only a miniscule chance, then bring it on.

I totally get it. There's a small part of me that agrees. We are kinda screwed right now with this money grabbing FO to get anywhere. It sucks. There was a time with all these changes I was hoping, and actually felt like we turned a page, a corner, a something. I don't blame it on Zac. He's just a young guy who wants to go in with gun blazing and turn a team into a SB contender. His youth and his ability to see the organization doesnt quite give a damn about those things are probably pretty shocking. I think he will be a good HC somewhere. If he does it here, his resume will be worth gold. It's gonna be tough tho.

I threw my opinion in there without addressing your post mostly LOL but I think it's broken a lot of our resolve. I also understand if you need to get embarrassed to learn a lesson, sometimes it has to hurt. I guess my real question is will, or are they capable of learning? As said above, to this FO, it's all about the money. In order to learn, you have to fail at your goal. However, the FO is achieving theirs.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 09:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If we are second to Washington, I doubt they pick a QB.

I'd be concerned about them trading the pick though.

Especially with Tua down, there are like 3 or 4 teams vying for Burrow with questionable back ups (Herbert has a cannon but his accuracy/ball placement and pocket presence are kinda questionable).
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 10:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'd be concerned about them trading the pick though.

Especially with Tua down, there are like 3 or 4 teams vying for Burrow with questionable back ups (Herbert has a cannon but his accuracy/ball placement and pocket presence are kinda questionable).

Ayeeeee... didn’t think of that.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 05:48 AM)kevin Wrote: Can't do it.

I saw some Bengal Fans on TV in Oakland with paper bags on their head.  I hope they didn't fly there to do that.  Bags said Burrow Bags, and I'm not sold on drafting a QB.   I'm not into losing every game to get Burrow.   Gophers burrow.  I don't want team to burrow to 0-16 to get Burrow.  

So I'm hoping Bengals beat Steelers, Jets, Browns, Dolphins and blow up this whole 0-16 burrow for Burrow stuff.

Watching the Raiders game, I can't root for 0-16.  Especially seeing Tate on the ground like that or the hard effort team put out on Defense for a change, the running game improving which means blocking doing something right now.  Nope, can't root for the Steelers to beat Bengals next week.  Can't do it, Won't do it.  

I hope people were not stupid enough to fly from Cincy to Oakland and then wear a bag on their head.  If you are going to spend that much money, the bag becomes contrary.  I mean, if you are that down on the team, you don't fly across USA to the game.

OK, I wish they weren't 0-10 and 1-17 since mid 2018.  Still, I can't root for Steelers to beat them.  In fact I want Bengals to SPOIL Steelers slim wild card hopes, just as Steelers have ruined many of our play-off hopes over the years.  Pay Back Time.  I want Steelers out of Wild Card and I want it to be BENGALS that hang the loss on Steelers that sends them under .500 late in the season.  SWEET REVENGE

What makes this 0-10 season so pathetic is that the Bengals have been trying to win, all season long. They even turned their noses up at some trade offers.

The Dolphins, who have a much better excuse to be winless, have two wins.

The Bengals beating the depleted Steelers squad is all Mike Brown needs to go "see, see, see, we're on the right track!", which is enough to make me puke. But, I do agree with you that I can't root for the Steelers to beat the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 12:05 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Nothing embarrasses this organization. 0-16 will not even register. Business as usual.

Was thinking the same thing.....
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 10:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'd be concerned about them trading the pick though.

Tua at 33? think he makes it outta the first round with his injury?
Reply/Quote
I'm not hoping for 0-16, but I'm certainly enjoying the various ways the train is wrecking itself.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 01:12 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: I hope PBS burns down with Mikey locked inside

Aren't you the guy that posted the video of yourself burning hats?  Are you a pyromaniac? 
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
So GO BENGALS....BEAT the Steelers TODAY...SPOIL their play-off hopes.

To see the Steelers walk off the field below .500 this late in season, I would LOVE IT.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The only way we could win today or any day would be to start Andy. He was benched to see what we had with Finley. Now we know. NOTHING! We’re paying Andy. Start him. At least he’s better than Finley. Show some pride and try to win a game. 0-16 is a hard thing to live down. If Andy was starting today we could probably beat the depleted Steelers. We won’t win a game with Finley without a miracle.
Reply/Quote