Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss
(08-16-2019, 12:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: Had this been regular season I think Norman would have gotten ejected. He may still draw a fine and/or suspension with the current safety emphasis and that both PFs involved hitting with the helmet.

I don't know what second hit to the helmet you're referring to, but the hit to Gio wasn't intentional. He tried to come in low, and Benard lowered his head at the same time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It was overthrown, but not way overthrown. It was just barely out of reach. I mean, in the end, it doesn't matter because it was still overthrown, but way to make it seem worse than it was.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, 1 more win. They had 1 more win than a team decimated by injuries. CLEARLY, they were the better team last year. Rolleyes

And they weren’t hit hard by injuries? They lost their QB too. Not sure why you’re taking such exception with what I said, but despite the excuses the fact is the Skins has a better record than the Bengals in 2018. So again, I don’t see why we should have “easily beaten” them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:26 PM)jason Wrote: I don't know what second hit to the helmet you're referring to, but the hit to Gio wasn't intentional. He tried to come in low, and Benard lowered his head at the same time.

Norman got two flags in the the first quarter both for helmet to helmet. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:26 PM)jason Wrote: I don't know what second hit to the helmet you're referring to, but the hit to Gio wasn't intentional. He tried to come in low, and Benard lowered his head at the same time.

And you see this A LOT !

I get it they're trying to lower head trauma and it the big picture it's a good thing. But I've wondered right from the beginning how do they say defenders can't lower their head but it's ok for offense to ? It's difficult to police any way you crack it up.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: Norman got two flags in the the first quarter both for helmet to helmet. 

I didn't see the second one. I know he was flagged for yelling at the ref after the hit to Gio... But that play was boom boom. I don't think it deserves a fine, but I'm not in charge either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:48 PM)jason Wrote: I didn't see the second one. I know he was flagged for yelling at the ref after the hit to Gio... But that play was boom boom. I don't think it deserves a fine, but I'm not in charge either.

2 helmet to helmet h within 5 minutes of playing time and unsportsmanlike against a referee, me thinks he gets hefty fine minimum and maybe suspension of some type ala Burfict a few years ago who got rung up for a bad PF in a preseason game.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 02:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 2 helmet to helmet h within 5 minutes of playing time and unsportsmanlike against a referee, me thinks he gets hefty fine minimum and maybe suspension of some type ala Burfict a few years ago who got rung up for a bad PF in a preseason game.

if his name was burfict he be suspended 4 games but because its not.. maybe a 10k fine

real interested to see if Burfict was the target or if it was cause burfict played for the bengals.. (if he starts making the same plays for the raiders he made for us without flags... )
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 04:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wrong. There were way more positives to take away from this one, than there was against KC. Preseason is much more important for the younger guys, and the depth players anyway. Would it have been nice to see Dalton hit that throw to Eifert in the EZ? Absolutely. I saw plenty of players like Damion Willis, Drew Sample, Auden Tate, etc stepping up and making an impact though. The first game was literally one good drive and the rest was terrible.

True.
Reply/Quote