Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Demand This Hire
For some this may be a stupid thread, but as someone who grew up on the East Coast and seeing our shitty offensive line i think we need to bring in the walrus, Bob Wylie into the organization.

This guy is just a true football guy through and through. I love how he acts, especially towards his lineman and the respect he has garnered around the league all these years. I find him to be a homerun hire for a few very important reasons.

1. We have a young HC, our coordinators are the worst and should not be given much longer. Wouldn't it be beneficial for Zac to have a guy who helped Madden make his playbook?

2. Our offensive line is historically bad, we will be using our picks this year hopefully for a new QB and just trying to find bodies to get onto the line and compete against our "starters." Wouldn't it be a genius idea to have someone like him helping our shit front office making decisions on what lineman to take in the draft?

3. Watch some of his conferences and how he talks film to his lineman. He is a players coach, and that is exactly what we need to build character especially with a terrible O-Line.

Let's enjoy the rest of our losing season, while I hope (knowing this will never happen) that some good change will be coming for our beloved Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I wish they would have brought in Mike Munchak.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I hoping we see a big shake up in coaches and the way things are ran this offseason. ZT needs to get an OC or let Callahan call the plays. New experienced DC, new Oline coach and more.
Reply/Quote
C'mon guys! They're sooooo close to a championship they can smell it ...whenever they burn a box of Wheaties on the grill.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Demanding something of Mike Brown has been shows to be the first step towards leaving.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 10:43 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wish they would have brought in Mike Munchak.

Me too! He built up that Steelers line that was mauling people. He leaves and they aren't the same line anymore (still better than what we got). He would have instilled a toughness this team sorely needs. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 12:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Demanding something of Mike Brown has been shows to be the first step towards leaving.

That’s true. Ask Carson Palmer.

Mike Brown doesn’t understand offensive line play. He repeatedly says he won’t pay big money for “blockers” — his word — and he does nothing to upgrade those positions. He’ll draft a big arm quarterback every time and then he wonders why his shiny object disappears under a pile of Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 12:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote:   He repeatedly says he won’t pay big money for “blockers” — his word 

This just is not true,

Mike Brown made Levi Jones and Willie Anderson the highest paid OT duo in the entire league.  He paid Whitworth well for years.  He paid Bobbie Williams.  He paid Boling.  He used the franchise tag on Stacy Andrews.

So please post a link to "his words" when he said he would not pay big money for blockers.
Reply/Quote
I can't believe everyone isn't screaming to get Harbaugh from Michigan State. He'd fit right in...unable to beat a long time rival for any reason whatsoever.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 05:37 PM)grampahol Wrote: I can't believe everyone isn't screaming to get Harbaugh from Michigan. He'd fit right in...unable to beat a long time rival for any reason whatsoever.. 

Fixed it for you, but yeah, Harbaugh sucks!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 01:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This just is not true,

Mike Brown made Levi Jones and Willie Anderson the highest paid OT duo in the entire league.  He paid Whitworth well for years.  He paid Bobbie Williams.  He paid Boling.  He used the franchise tag on Stacy Andrews.

So please post a link to "his words" when he said he would not pay big money for blockers.

Freddy, you're forgetting the cardinal rule for Mikey.. Never dispute any negativity towards him.. Praising MB is almost the same as saying you like the smell of used toilet paper. 

Reply/Quote
Sorry, Turner is a close friend of Taylor. I doubt they fire him and bring in a new line coach.

They'll make injuries the scapegoat and roll with what they have. Maybe they'll throw a 2nd or 3rd Round pick at the line, but they'll largely assume that Jonah will fix the line.
Reply/Quote
If they decide to roll with Zac another year, which is entirely possible.

I could think of a couple of hires I would bring in.

I want experience.

I'd bring in Hue Jackson as our WR's coach, say what you will about his head coaching record, but we had some great offensive years under him. 31 years of coaching experience.

I'd bring in Hal Mumme, the inventor of the air raid offense, as our passing game coordinator. That system gets a lot out of it's QB's. He has 44 years of coaching offense.

If we get the number 1 pick, I believe it will be Joe Burrow.

Bring in Joe Brady to be his offensive coordinator.

For offensive linemen coach I'd love to have John Schlarman the offensive line coach at Kentucky.

However, with his bout with cancer and how his offensive linemen just completely rallied around him. I'd doubt he'd leave Kentucky and as a Kentucky fan I wouldn't want him to leave.

On defense we probably should of went with Jack Del Rio to begin with.

I'm okay with making Jack Del Rio our defensive coordinator, but I'd also like Jeff Fisher as DC.

I can think of a couple of moves that would make sense for the Bengals, but probably won't happen unfortunately.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 08:42 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: If they decide to roll with Zac another year, which is entirely possible.

I could think of a couple of hires I would bring in.

I want experience.

I'd bring in Hue Jackson as our WR's coach, say what you will about his head coaching record, but we had some great offensive years under him. 31 years of coaching experience.

I'd bring in Hal Mumme, the inventor of the air raid offense, as our passing game coordinator. That system gets a lot out of it's QB's. He has 44 years of coaching offense.

If we get the number 1 pick, I believe it will be Joe Burrow.

Bring in Joe Brady to be his offensive coordinator.

For offensive linemen coach I'd love to have John Schlarman the offensive line coach at Kentucky.

However, with his bout with cancer and how his offensive linemen just completely rallied around him. I'd doubt he'd leave Kentucky and as a Kentucky fan I wouldn't want him to leave.

On defense we probably should of went with Jack Del Rio to begin with.

I'm okay with making Jack Del Rio our defensive coordinator, but I'd also like Jeff Fisher as DC.

I can think of a couple of moves that would make sense for the Bengals, but probably won't happen unfortunately.

Those hires would all be good...but with the exception of Hue...I doubt any of those guys would come here. I think the ship has sailed on Del Rio. Man did I want us to hire him!

I REALLY like your Joe Brady idea!

Another problem we have is that Taylor is really close friends with Turner and Lou. So I doubt he'd fire them.

Now IF management comes to him and was like fire them or you're gone...it could get interesting
Reply/Quote
Bob Wylie was the Bengals’ tight end coach in 1997 and 1998. I doubt he wants another dose of working for Mikey Boy.
Reply/Quote
I still think letting Pollack go was a bad move.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 12:20 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I still think letting Pollack go was a bad move.

Yea that Jet's O line looked fierce on Sunday
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 12:20 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I still think letting Pollack go was a bad move.

you mean the coach in charge of the line the NFL's worst defense blew through on Sunday?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 10:43 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wish they would have brought in Mike Munchak.

No. F that guy.

[Image: hair.0.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 01:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No. F that guy.

[Image: hair.0.gif]

I'd be willing to let bygones be bygones, and the past stay in the past, in order to have an OL that performs the way they do when he coaches them.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote