Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Demand This Hire
(12-03-2019, 06:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd be willing to let bygones be bygones, and the past stay in the past, in order to have an OL that performs the way they do when he coaches them.

Except much like we found out with Le'Veon Bell... is Munchak a good OL coach good because he's good/they're good? Or is Munchak a good OL coach because they are the Steelers OL thus the refs ignore the blatant holding they do all game long every game?

Guarantee you that the Bengals OL wouldn't get away with always holding like that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 06:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except much like we found out with Le'Veon Bell... is Munchak a good OL coach good because he's good/they're good? Or is Munchak a good OL coach because they are the Steelers OL thus the refs ignore the blatant holding they do all game long every game?

Guarantee you that the Bengals OL wouldn't get away with always holding like that.

I don't know about all that.  What I do know is that before Munchak came to the Steelers, DeCastro wasn't looking like he was worthy of his draft position, and Villanueva was a gawky WR that caught 82 balls in a season for Army, rather than an All-Pro LT..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 06:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know about all that.  What I do know is that before Munchak came to the Steelers, DeCastro wasn't looking like he was worthy of his draft position, and Villanueva was a gawky WR that caught 82 balls in a season for Army, rather than an All-Pro LT..

Munchak joined the Steelers in 2014.
Villanueva joined the Steelers in 2014.
Villanueva was never an All-Pro.

He certainly hadn't been a gawky WR for a long time. The last time before then he tried out for teams, he was a TE. Lol.. the Eagles actually signed him in 2014 as a DE.

[Image: im_20141112_deportes06_141119759.jpg?qua...=all&w=854]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As for David DeCastro...

In 2012 he got both his ACL torn and his knee dislocated in Preseason game #3 and missed almost the whole season.
In 2013 he was ranked PFF's 5th best RG.

I'm not sure how that translates into "wasn't looking worthy of his draft position".

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 06:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Munchak joined the Steelers in 2014.
Villanueva joined the Steelers in 2014.
Villanueva was never an All-Pro.

He certainly hadn't been a gawky WR for a long time. The last time before then he tried out for teams, he was a TE. Lol.. the Eagles actually signed him in 2014 as a DE.

[Image: im_20141112_deportes06_141119759.jpg?qua...=all&w=854]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As for David DeCastro...

In 2012 he got both his ACL torn and his knee dislocated in Preseason game #3 and missed almost the whole season.
In 2013 he was ranked PFF's 5th best RG.

I'm not sure how that translates into "wasn't looking worthy of his draft position".

My mistake, Villanueva went from college WR to two time Pro bowler at LT.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 06:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My mistake, Villanueva went from college WR to two time Pro bowler at LT.

Damn straight, and don't you forget it.   Ninja

- - - - - -

Antonio Gates went from college basketball player to destined 1st ballot Hall of Famer. Doesn't mean his first TE coach Tim Brewster was a genius (he left the NFL 4 years later and is a TE coach for North Carolina now). 

There's a lot of quality OL coaches/OC candidates out there who aren't Steelers sloppy seconds that pulled a Bengals player's hair on the sidelines and gloated about getting away with it.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 03:59 AM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: For some this may be a stupid thread, but as someone who grew up on the East Coast and seeing our shitty offensive line i think we need to bring in the walrus, Bob Wylie into the organization.

This guy is just a true football guy through and through. I love how he acts, especially towards his lineman and the respect he has garnered around the league all these years. I find him to be a homerun hire for a few very important reasons.

1. We have a young HC, our coordinators are the worst and should not be given much longer. Wouldn't it be beneficial for Zac to have a guy who helped Madden make his playbook?

2. Our offensive line is historically bad, we will be using our picks this year hopefully for a new QB and just trying to find bodies to get onto the line and compete against our "starters." Wouldn't it be a genius idea to have someone like him helping our shit front office making decisions on what lineman to take in the draft?

3. Watch some of his conferences and how he talks film to his lineman. He is a players coach, and that is exactly what we need to build character especially with a terrible O-Line.

Let's enjoy the rest of our losing season, while I hope (knowing this will never happen) that some good change will be coming for our beloved Bengals.

Anything that would keep Taylor around after this season gets the nix from me. It's been an awful season with awful coaching, awful decisions, awful scheme, awful play calling and pretty much just awful.

A win against a bad team is of course better than a loss to a bad team, but this team has lost to bad teams several times this year.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 07:34 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Anything that would keep Taylor around after this season gets the nix from me. It's been an awful season with awful coaching, awful decisions, awful scheme, awful play calling and pretty much just awful.

A win against a bad team is of course better than a loss to a bad team, but this team has lost to bad teams several times this year.

Or, in Riverboat Ron Rivera's case, losing to two bad teams in a row..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 01:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea that Jet's O line looked fierce on Sunday

(12-03-2019, 01:12 PM)pally Wrote:  you mean the coach in charge of the line the NFL's worst defense blew through on Sunday?

Meh. I think giving him another year with our roster maybe he could have done a better job them Turner has.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 06:31 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Meh. I think giving him another year with our roster maybe he could have done a better job them Turner has.

Yea, based on how bad they were when he was actually here last year and how bad the Jets are I don't see anything in his recent history that backs this up. Unless a team has three all pro players on their line he isn't successful, that is what his recent history shows. Interestingly enough, even that team didn't want him around anymore...weird almost like they believed it was the players not coaching getting results. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 03:59 AM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: For some this may be a stupid thread, but as someone who grew up on the East Coast and seeing our shitty offensive line i think we need to bring in the walrus, Bob Wylie into the organization.

This guy is just a true football guy through and through. I love how he acts, especially towards his lineman and the respect he has garnered around the league all these years. I find him to be a homerun hire for a few very important reasons.

1. We have a young HC, our coordinators are the worst and should not be given much longer. Wouldn't it be beneficial for Zac to have a guy who helped Madden make his playbook?

2. Our offensive line is historically bad, we will be using our picks this year hopefully for a new QB and just trying to find bodies to get onto the line and compete against our "starters." Wouldn't it be a genius idea to have someone like him helping our shit front office making decisions on what lineman to take in the draft?

3. Watch some of his conferences and how he talks film to his lineman. He is a players coach, and that is exactly what we need to build character especially with a terrible O-Line.

Let's enjoy the rest of our losing season, while I hope (knowing this will never happen) that some good change will be coming for our beloved Bengals.

Definitely a good name, would love it if we brought in Wylie.

Need to new O-line coach and a new DC and maybe even a new LB coach. Pratt should of started way sooner.

I think Eason has been decent but he should be with this DL.
Reply/Quote