Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Don't See a Quick Fix
Well...I think we see that Lazor won't solve all the issues like some magi. There are fundamental roster issues.

We need:

1 ) 4 new offensive lineman
2 ) A #2 WR. Maybe it's Ross. I wouldn't bet on it.
3 ) An entire coaching staff. I'd totally clean house as the guys that are here have been Bengalized. Plus, the coaches we get will have to be great at scouting and drafting.
4 ) On defense we need a DT and atleast 1 LB. (Minter is a free agent.)
5 ) There are usually new needs that popup that we can't anticipate.

So I've listed 7 starting positions that we need to upgrade. Lets take the defense out, getting 4 offensive lineman for a team that doesn't dip into free agency will be a monumental task.

We can draft lineman...but they are hit or miss.

Then Atkins, Dunlap, and Dennard are free agents after next season. I fear that atleast 2 of those guys will leave to go play for a winner. Why wouldn't they?

Even if we fix that stuff, largely the same management team that hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years will be in place.

Do you guys see any quick fixes?
Reply/Quote
That's easier said than done.
Reply/Quote
We'll likely not do most of those things saying we need to save up to sign Dunlap, Atkins, and Dennard. 2 of the 3 will leave.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We'll likely not do most of those things saying we need to save up to sign Dunlap, Atkins, and Dennard. 2 of the 3 will leave.
Atkins.  Dunlap and Dennard will walk.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Me either,

Lazor has done a fine job at attempting to find some offense. But essentially he's just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

This team just has no chance with this O-line and it's truly very sad for the good core we still have !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What Romo said on Lazor was true that a new OC works for a couple games until there is tape.
Reply/Quote
Offensive line is not an easy fix but the rest can be accomplished the only question is do the Bengals think they need to be addressed.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We really miss Marvin Jones speed. Lafell may have replaced him statistically last year...but Jones speed changed defenses.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...I think we see that Lazor won't solve all the issues like some magi. There are fundamental roster issues.

We need:

1 ) 4 new offensive lineman
2 ) A #2 WR. Maybe it's Ross. I wouldn't bet on it.
3 ) An entire coaching staff. I'd totally clean house as the guys that are here have been Bengalized. Plus, the coaches we get will have to be great at scouting and drafting.
4 ) On defense we need a DT and atleast 1 LB. (Minter is a free agent.)
5 ) There are usually new needs that popup that we can't anticipate.

So I've listed 7 starting positions that we need to upgrade. Lets take the defense out, getting 4 offensive lineman for a team that doesn't dip into free agency will be a monumental task.

We can draft lineman...but they are hit or miss.

Then Atkins, Dunlap, and Dennard are free agents after next season. I fear that atleast 2 of those guys will leave to go play for a winner. Why wouldn't they?

Even if we fix that stuff, largely the same management team that hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years will be in place.

Do you guys see any quick fixes?
You need an offensive line.
A real one coached by a real coach.
Alexander is not a real coach and Ogbuehi, Fisher, Bodine, and whatever bum is currently playing RG are not real offensive linemen. 
Boling should be the worst offensive lineman on a good unit. 
I'm tired of picking skill players highly when we have no line.
It's like putting new windows in a home that has a crumbling foundation.
Show me which of Pittsburgh's skill players were high picks. 
Bell in the second round and that's it.
We've picked Green, Gresham, Eifert, Bernard, Hill, Mixon, Ross and have nothing to show for it. 
If you have five guys who cna block long enough, players who are coached well will find a way to get open. 
“It’s easy for everybody to say to make that change," Lewis said last week. "But ... when that change doesn’t work out, what do you do?"

Marvin Lewis on why he refused to make a change at the kicker position.
Reply/Quote