Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Feel Bad For Dunlap...
Guy can't catch a break with these sacks: not only did he BARELY miss 3 of them, his actual sack gets called back on a "hold," <_<.

Anyone think he'll break the sack slump this week? I hope so...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Same here. And I agree that sacks are fun stats to pursue, but they are part of a larger goal of putting pressure on the QB in order to force the offense into total collapse (which is what a sack is, kind of) and other potentially more devastating mistakes, like the one that Leon Hall took advantage of today with his pic-six. Even Andy's INT was a result of pressure.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Oh, I agree 100% (don't forget, I was a big advocate for PFF because they showed pressure stats), but the guy has a chance to FINALLY get an honour in terms of PB or AP and that only happens with sacks.

I'm happier they won, of course, but it would be great if he could get 'em.
Reply/Quote
He will get his.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I will say he looked like he was having a hell of a good time out there. Thats great to see.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 05:58 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I will say he looked like he was having a hell of a good time out there. Thats great to see.

He's looked like that all year. I think he's embracing the "veteran," role and since he IS one of the senior D guys, he can let loose a bit more, thus we see the fun side of him.

But he's also doing amzing things off the field and doing a lot of interviews, I think he will go down as one of the franchise's best dlineman, if not THE best ever, after Geno of course and debatable on Krumrie, once it's all said and done, (as of now, Krumrie's got him beat, of course).

While I never have cares for the boosting and exposure, this is one player I hope gets his and thensome, because he's certainly earned it.
Reply/Quote
I feel the same way. Bogus call, too. But I'll tell you this, Dunlap plays a very fine, all-around game. He gets pressure, plays the run well, and yes, gets sacks. One of the top defensive ends out there.
Reply/Quote
Me to,

Carlos is the King of close ! If he had half the sacks he's been oh so close on it would nearly be a run away for him in sack totals the last couple seasons.

What's he have 8 now ? With 5 games left I can see 4 or 5 more sacks easy, he could easily have a 3 sack game.

He's starting to get some love and there's more coming. He's one of the top DE's in the game.
Reply/Quote