Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Figured Out a Workaround for HBO Max (Hulu Subscribers)
I really wasn't sure where to put this, and I'm not sure how many people on here are interested but I thought I'd share it.

If you have a Hulu Account you can add HBO Max as an add-on. It's $14.99 a month (same price as everywhere else). Here's where the workaround comes in...

You can add it at any time during your billing cycle. You get immediately charged a prorated amount that is calculated by how many days you have until your next billing cycle. So for example, if you add it right smack dab in the middle of you billing cycle you'd pay $7.50 for 2 weeks of service. Then you get charged the full amount the next month, at the same time your Hulu comes out.

Here's the thing though, you cancel it at any time. I just added it 5 days before my next billing cycle and was charged $2 for the rest of the month. In this time I watched the Gozilla vs. King Kong movie, and a new series called the Outsider. Then I just cancelled it before the next bill was due.

This may be handy for people that don't want to cough up another 15 bucks every month to only watch a few shows or movies. Like, say you wanted to watch the new Mortal Combat movie and you wanted to watch the next season of Succession, and that's really it. Just add it for a like a week, watch what you want to and ditch it. Add it back whenever you'd like.

Fwiw, I've done this like 4 different times this year. I don't use HBO enough to justify adding it full time. Adding it in these little chunks lets me binge watch what I need to without ever payign for a full month. I thought some of you might find this approach useful.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 07:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I really wasn't sure where to put this, and I'm not sure how many people on here are interested but I thought I'd share it.

If you have a Hulu Account you can add HBO Max as an add-on.  It's $14.99 a month (same price as everywhere else).  Here's where the workaround comes in...

You can add it at any time during your billing cycle.  You get immediately charged a prorated amount that is calculated by how many days you have until your next billing cycle.  So for example, if you add it right smack dab in the middle of you billing cycle you'd pay $7.50 for 2 weeks of service.  Then you get charged the full amount the next month, at the same time your Hulu comes out.

Here's the thing though, you cancel it at any time.  I just added it 5 days before my next billing cycle and was charged $2 for the rest of the month.  In this time I watched the Gozilla vs. King Kong movie, and a new series called the Outsider.  Then I just cancelled it before the next bill was due.

This may be handy for people that don't want to cough up another 15 bucks every month to only watch a few shows or movies.  Like, say you wanted to watch the new Mortal Combat movie and you wanted to watch the next season of Succession, and that's really it.  Just add it for a like a week, watch what you want to and ditch it.  Add it back whenever you'd like.

Fwiw, I've done this like 4 different times this year.  I don't use HBO enough to justify adding it full time.  Adding it in these little chunks lets me binge watch what I need to without ever payign for a full month.  I thought some of you might find this approach useful.
MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!

sorry. thank you for sharing

This could be good.  although i only want HBO for southpark.

will likely go see MK in theaters or if theres none open wait for the DVD as you still have to pay an additional fee to watch them on the HBO Service correct?
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 10:01 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: will likely go see MK in theaters or if theres none open wait for the DVD as you still have to pay an additional fee to watch them on the HBO Service correct?

Yeah, you would still have to pay something.

If you really just wanted to watch one movie, you could add the service for the last day of before your billing cycle is set to renew.  This would cost you about 50 cents.  Basically, you can use it as almost more as a rental service than a streaming service.

It's perfect for me because I just don't have enough things to watch on HBO to warrant the charge month after month.  I only watch a few shows on there and the big new release movies.  Doing this way allows me to catch up on the new stuff pretty much right it comes out without paying a ton of money.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 12:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Yeah, you would still have to pay something.

If you really just wanted to watch one movie, you could add the service for the last day of before your billing cycle is set to renew.  This would cost you about 50 cents.  Basically, you can use it as almost more as a rental service than a streaming service.

It's perfect for me because I just don't have enough things to watch on HBO to warrant the charge month after month.  I only watch a few shows on there and the big new release movies.  Doing this way allows me to catch up on the new stuff pretty much right it comes out without paying a ton of money.

Gotcha,  Im personally not for paying for a Digital Rental though.. Especially the price they are charging to watch these new movies id just wait to buy the blue ray for the same price and own it forever. ( i have learned to beat the need for instant gratification in most cases)

If im paying for a 1 time viewing its gotta be the whole experience of going to the movies.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 07:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I really wasn't sure where to put this, and I'm not sure how many people on here are interested but I thought I'd share it.

If you have a Hulu Account you can add HBO Max as an add-on.  It's $14.99 a month (same price as everywhere else).  Here's where the workaround comes in...

You can add it at any time during your billing cycle.  You get immediately charged a prorated amount that is calculated by how many days you have until your next billing cycle.  So for example, if you add it right smack dab in the middle of you billing cycle you'd pay $7.50 for 2 weeks of service.  Then you get charged the full amount the next month, at the same time your Hulu comes out.

Here's the thing though, you cancel it at any time.  I just added it 5 days before my next billing cycle and was charged $2 for the rest of the month.  In this time I watched the Gozilla vs. King Kong movie, and a new series called the Outsider.  Then I just cancelled it before the next bill was due.

This may be handy for people that don't want to cough up another 15 bucks every month to only watch a few shows or movies.  Like, say you wanted to watch the new Mortal Combat movie and you wanted to watch the next season of Succession, and that's really it.  Just add it for a like a week, watch what you want to and ditch it.  Add it back whenever you'd like.

Fwiw, I've done this like 4 different times this year.  I don't use HBO enough to justify adding it full time.  Adding it in these little chunks lets me binge watch what I need to without ever payign for a full month.  I thought some of you might find this approach useful.

You do not know how irritating it is to read the way you spelled Mortal Kombat
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 07:58 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: You do not know how irritating it is to read the way you spelled Mortal Kombat

You do not know how little I care about Mortal Combat.   Ninja
Reply/Quote