Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hate This Time of Year (Let's Get Weird)
(02-26-2021, 09:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No way, dude!  The draft is like our Super Bowl, and we get to pontificate on and on about who had the best draft and what players will do what for us...

This is the absolute worst time of the year.  Last year was even worse, with UD poised to make a run at the NCAA Championship, only to have the F'n tournament cancelled.  Ok, now I'm even more grumpy.

Exactly. The draft is big for the Bengals every year since they have relied so much on it. But once the players are picked, you basically have to wait until TC before anything happens with them that's worthwhile. The only thing really happening in terms of sports news post-draft and pre-TC is usually just an injury from voluntary workout or minicamp. But there's nothing positive gained from either of those workouts usually because it's not enough time to assess someone's ability.

in Feb-April, there's the Combine (normally), FA, Pro Days, and the Draft. This the biggest time of year for mock drafts and scouting reports. Way more exciting (for me) compared to May-July.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 07:24 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I figure Hart is tipping more brewskies than anyone on that OL and that's why he's so damn sluggish and hungover looking all the time when guys blow past him.  

I skip the green beer, but I'll do some Irish beers that one time a year and always get some Irish whiskey out (Redbreast 12 and Connemara are two current favorites, but can't go wrong with Jameson, especially for the price!).  Last year we were supposed to host a party and I had two cases each of Harp lager, Bass lager and Guinness nitro cans.  Also had 3 corned beefs.  The day of the party, everyone bailed because COVID was just starting to worry people here and things were shutting down.  I still have some of that beer in my fridge, but I at corned beef with potatoes and reubens for about 3 weeks after to get through it. 

I'm really curious this offseason how the team is going to unveil the ROH, since it seems everything indicates it'll happen.  Will they do a guy or two each home game of the season?  Or do a big blowout with all of them at once?  Or maybe an era at a time?  With the talk about "classic and clean" unis and the ROH, things are feeling a little nostalgic.  Time to bring the live singer back to the sidelines! 

You have a fine taste as we all know MHG. Wish I could afford that high priced Irish whiskey but I go with Jameson and even then
it is a little high priced for me. I can get LTD, a Canadian whiskey for cheap here and my Dad and I blindly drank both LTD and 
Jameson one night to see which one we liked the best and we actually liked LTD more and I love Jameson's.

Blew my mind.

Love a good corned beef sandwich. I like to grill them and make melts with mozzarella and ranch with sauerkraut of course.

Damn fine sandwich. Always look forward to St. Patrick's Day, one of my favorite holidays now.

BTW, if you want to watch a funny Irish movie with a lot of drinking, I highly recommend Grabbers. Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 10:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly. The draft is big for the Bengals every year since they have relied so much on it. But once the players are picked, you basically have to wait until TC before anything happens with them that's worthwhile. The only thing really happening in terms of sports news post-draft and pre-TC is usually just an injury from voluntary workout or minicamp. But there's nothing positive gained from either of those workouts usually because it's not enough time to assess someone's ability.

in Feb-April, there's the Combine (normally), FA, Pro Days, and the Draft. This the biggest time of year for mock drafts and scouting reports. Way more exciting (for me) compared to May-July.

I am always way too busy from May to July to be bored. This time of year where I live it is all moving snow, all the time.

This year, without the combine ugh. Sick
Reply/Quote
The FCS are playing their football season. It was week 2 today but you need ESPN+ to watch it though. You can get Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu for $12.99 a month.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 09:50 PM)Synric Wrote: The FCS are playing their football season. It was week 2 today but you need ESPN+ to watch it though. You can get Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu for $12.99 a month.

I hate ESPN but I love ESPN+. Of course I'm a huge international soccer fan and various other international sports.

ESPN+ reminds me of what ESPN started as. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Would you get one of the following tattoos if it somehow guaranteed the Bengals of winning of Superbowl before the end of Joe Burrow's rookie deal?

-Both members of Wham (George Michael and the other dude) one on each ass cheek.

-Steve Urkel on your left or right calf

-A Steelers logo as a trampstamp

-Tim the Tool Man Taylor on your forearm

-A Bengals logo on your face

You can pick and choose any one of these, and it guarantees the Lombardi. Don't ask me how, maybe it's a Genie with demands or some shit.

Any of these stand out as a possibility?
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 11:23 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Would you get one of the following tattoos if it somehow guaranteed the Bengals of winning of Superbowl before the end of Joe Burrow's rookie deal?

-Both members of Wham (George Michael and the other dude) one on each ass cheek.

-Steve Urkel on your left or right calf

-A Steelers logo as a trampstamp

-Tim the Tool Man Taylor on your forearm

-A Bengals logo on your face

You can pick and choose any one of these, and it guarantees the Lombardi.  Don't ask me how, maybe it's a Genie with demands or some shit.  

Any of these stand out as a possibility?

It doesn't work 

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 11:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It doesn't work 

Maybe you got the details wrong.  Did the Genie specify George Micheal on one specific cheek?
Reply/Quote
I’d get all those tattoos (except the face) if we could win a Super Bowl lol

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 12:36 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Maybe you got the details wrong.  Did the Genie specify George Micheal on one specific cheek?

We're in luck...Ms bfine just checked. Mine is Hall and Oates. 

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 02:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We're in luck...Ms bfine just checked. Mine is Hall and Oates. 

Ass tattoo? I can't go for that. No can do.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Alright, who would win the hot dog eating contest out of these people?

-Jeremi Johnson
-Sam Adams
-Jim Lippencott
-Natalie from the The Facts of Life
-Andre Smith

Id go with" Re Run"  from "Whats Happening"......but hes dead I think
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 03:44 PM)Stewy Wrote: Alex Erickson because John Ross would injure his hamstring on the initial approach and then miss grabbing Alex so he ended up on his face without contact, then Alex just has to put a boot on his back and WIN.

Ross would likely be  a "healthy scratch" before the match started.....but if he did show up, he is so dam fast he would run around the ring and rope a dope Erickson  into defeat. 
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:46 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The Combine usually takes up this time along with the reshuffling of mock drafts that result from the workouts, but with it essentially cancelled, this really is a dead time in the off season. The only things we really get to tide us over are QB trades and player cuts/restructures, none of which the Bengals are likely to do before free agency starts. I kind of wish they pushed free agency up a month, to be honest, since nothing is going with the draft but I know that would probably mess up teams' and agents' timelines for the players etc etc.

We're all just stuck sitting here until March 17th where we hope the Bengals come out swinging (and hope we aren't disappointed by our front office).

I'm taking it a little further and hope the entire Brown and Blackburn clan takes a vow of poverty and gives every member of this board all their money split equally among us all.. Then runs the team like the little sisters of the poor.. Oh wait..too late on the last one.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 02:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We're in luck...Ms bfine just checked. Mine is Hall and Oates. 

I mean that honestly just sounds like a cool ass tatoo.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 03:54 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ass tattoo? I can't go for that. No can do.

It's because you're Out of Touch 

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 01:26 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean that honestly just sounds like a cool ass tatoo.

It does make Sara Smile. 

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 04:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's because you're Out of Touch 

Leave him alone he's a family man.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote