Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Have Covid
I finally got it.

I have horrible allergies and it’s horrible living in Northern Kentucky with them because, like here recently, one week the temperature will be in the 20s and two days later it will be in the sixties. Knowing that, it didn’t seem odd to me when I started sneezing, coughing, and was tired a lot more.

But then I started having more symptoms and not even drinking Spark could wake me up, so I decided to take a Covid test thinking it was pointless because there was no way, but it came back positive.

I’m sure that I’ll be fine and I have a Zoom doctor’s appointment at 3, so hopefully he’ll prescribe something that helps, but any prayers or good thoughts are very much appreciated!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
Go hug Bart Scott. Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 12:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Go hug Bart Scott. Ninja

I’ll sneeze on him first Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Brother just had it. His wife then got it. And his son also. Since he had already been vaccinated the effects were less. No medication was really prescribed. Him and his family just had to isolate, I think it was for 10 days, of which that is about finished.
Reply/Quote
Be Well
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 01:01 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Brother just had it.  His wife then got it.  And his son also.  Since he had already been vaccinated the effects were less.  No medication was really prescribed.  Him and his family just had to isolate, I think it was for 10 days, of which that is about finished.
I've been vaccinated and had the booster, which I'd hate to imagine not having it if the vaccine really does make the effects that much less.

Today's the first time in days that I've had an appetite, so I ate a decent size breakfast (for me), a decent size lunch, and I'm still starving, so hopefully that means that I'm getting better. Maybe it's unrelated, but I can hope, right?
(01-04-2023, 01:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Be Well

Thanks brother. I thought this would be a death sentence when this first all started, and it definitely sucks, but I've been through worse, so I'll be ok ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 03:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've been vaccinated and had the booster, which I'd hate to imagine not having it if the vaccine really does make the effects that much less.

Today's the first time in days that I've had an appetite, so I ate a decent size breakfast (for me), a decent size lunch, and I'm still starving, so hopefully that means that I'm getting better. Maybe it's unrelated, but I can hope, right?

Thanks brother. I thought this would be a death sentence when this first all started, and it definitely sucks, but I've been through worse, so I'll be ok ThumbsUp

It very well might have been in the beginning. Thankfully we now have vaccines and treatment plans. 

Not sure how, but I've managed to avoid it until now. Having 2 kids (3 & 1) makes me be a little more cautious, but I think we're at the point where everyone is going to get it eventually. 

Congrats on holding out as long as you did and feel better soon.
Reply/Quote
I had it myself about a year ago, just before our home playoff game to be precise. I lost both my sense of taste and sense of smell. Scared the hell out of me because my grandfather lost those senses in mid-life and spent his remaining years clueless to both. He used to pile all of his food into one mound because to him it all tasted the same, and I was worried I was getting a preview of my life to come. Fortunately both came back in a day or two.

Good luck to you Brad.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 03:46 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: It very well might have been in the beginning. Thankfully we now have vaccines and treatment plans. 

Not sure how, but I've managed to avoid it until now. Having 2 kids (3 & 1) makes me be a little more cautious, but I think we're at the point where everyone is going to get it eventually. 

Congrats on holding out as long as you did and feel better soon.

Thank you sir. 

As much as people are saying the vaccines didn't do much and were all just a scare tactic and money grab, I definitely think I'd be dead if I didn't get the vaccine. 

As much as people say the masks were just a scare tactic and didn't work, I know exactly how I got it: I was at a bar, and three times (this is gross), I felt spit land on my lips from drunk people standing right in front of me and spitting while talking. I obviously wiped it away right away but I guess the damage had already been done or I had gotten it from someone else.

I'm glad you've been able to avoid or how I've been able to avoid it this long because, like you said, I think everyone is going to get it. My doctor cousin told my brother that a while ago.

Hopefully, I'll be completely fine in a few days and have antibodies so I won't have to worry about it ever again.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 04:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I had it myself about a year ago, just before our home playoff game to be precise.  I lost both my sense of taste and sense of smell.  Scared the hell out of me because my grandfather lost those senses in mid-life and spent his remaining years clueless to both.  He used to pile all of his food into one mound because to him it all tasted the same, and I was worried I was getting a preview of my life to come.  Fortunately both came back in a day or two.

Good luck to you Brad.

Wow. That's crazy.

Do you know how long after you got it that you lost taste and smell?

That was one of the things that I was worried about because I LOVE food.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 04:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Wow. That's crazy.

I'm pretty confident that I got it at the KC game where we clinched the division.  During that time that was the only place where I was exposed to anyone other than the wife.  That was on Sunday, and by Wednesday I started losing those senses.  I noticed it at lunch that day when I took a bite of chili I'd just prepared and 'nothing.'   I went into the pantry and started opening spice jar after spice jar, trying to get a whiff of anything, to no avail.  At dinner the following evening, it started to come back.  I wouldn't want to experience that again, although as silver lining might be my physical health improving.  I was still hungry throughout, but it killed any food cravings I might have otherwise had.  

edit: sp

Reply/Quote
Get well birthday brother.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Sorry that you're sick. Be sure to follow all of the instructions from your Doctor. Hopefully you just have a mild version and back to feeling like yourself soon.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:22 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm pretty confident that I got it at the KC game where we clinched the division.  During that time that was the only place where I was exposed to anyone other than the wife.  That was on Sunday, and by Wednesday I started losing those senses.  I noticed it at lunch that day when I took a bite of chili I'd just prepared and 'nothing.'   I went into the pantry and started opening spice jar after spice jar, trying to get a whiff of anything, to no avail.  At dinner the following evening, it started to come back.  I wouldn't want to experience that again, although as silver lining might be my physical health improving.  I was still hungry throughout, but it killed any food cravings I might have otherwise had.  

edit: sp

I think that I started feeling bad on Saturdayish because I was thinking should I sell my tickets to the Monday night game or go or what? 

Hopefully that means that I have a mild case and my hat goes off to you and anyone else because I've been through some shit but this sucks, and if it can be that much worse, then I don't even want to know.
(01-04-2023, 06:59 PM)basballguy Wrote: Get well birthday brother.
Thanks brother but you know how us May babies roll! I'm making Covid my *****!
(01-04-2023, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sorry that you're sick.  Be sure to follow all of the instructions from your Doctor.  Hopefully you just have a mild version and back to feeling like yourself soon.

I hope so too. I'm had a Zoom call with my doctor an hour or so ago but it was mostly just my sister talking to the doctor and asking me yes or no questions because my voice sounds even worse than usual.

I'll be back at it soon!

You can't hold this crip down!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 04:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Wow. That's crazy.

I lost both senses, and it took a few weeks for them to fully return. I barely knew that I had COVID though... Knew that I was exposed at work, and tested myself to try and get some paid time off. My buddy's girlfriend lost her sense of taste for damn near a year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 10:20 PM)jason Wrote: I lost both senses, and it took a few weeks for them to fully return. I barely knew that I had COVID though... Knew that I was exposed at work, and tested myself to try and get some paid time off. My buddy's girlfriend lost her sense of taste for damn near a year.

How long did it take for you to lose them? Right away?

Still holding out hope that I really do have a very light case of it because I don't know how you people dealt with it.

My sister texted me saying "you have Covid" and I text her back laughing because I figured she was joking.

I was prescribed like six drugs though and I do feel a little better. Coughing and sneezing less.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 12:03 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: How long did it take for you to lose them? Right away?

Still holding out hope that I really do have a very light case of it because I don't know how you people dealt with it.

My sister texted me saying "you have Covid" and I text her back laughing because I figured she was joking.

I was prescribed like six drugs though and I do feel a little better. Coughing and sneezing less.

It was weird for me man cause I'd been exposed to it on a Thursday. I was breaking up bricks on Friday (that's when I also found out I rode from Hamilton to Dayton in an air conditioned vehicle with someone who had it), and my throat felt kinda scratchy. I didn't think much of it cause of the dust, and I'd fallen back to smoking cigarettes that day too. The next day I just felt like a had a slight cold, and tested myself. It showed positive in no time. Those symptoms went away quick, but I realized I couldn't smell anything or taste food... From that point on those were the only symptoms I had. I felt fine, but I was positive for quite awhile.

It was weird cause I never had a fever, and basically if I hadn't have tested myself I would've thought nothing of it. I've felt worse from hangovers and the flu that I caught later around Thanksgiving... So it was really mild, but it did take awhile for the senses to come back... They will. Those shots gave you immunity, and the disease itself has become a little less serious, and lethal as it's become endemic. You'll be fine soon.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Took me until like July of last year to get it. Assuming I didn't get it before and didn't notice/test for it.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 01:56 AM)jason Wrote: It was weird for me man cause I'd been exposed to it on a Thursday. I was breaking up bricks on Friday (that's when I also found out I rode from Hamilton to Dayton in an air conditioned vehicle with someone who had it), and my throat felt kinda scratchy. I didn't think much of it cause of the dust, and I'd fallen back to smoking cigarettes that day too. The next day I just felt like a had a slight cold, and tested myself. It showed positive in no time. Those symptoms went away quick, but I realized I couldn't smell anything or taste food... From that point on those were the only symptoms I had. I felt fine, but I was positive for quite awhile.

It was weird cause I never had a fever, and basically if I hadn't have tested myself I would've thought nothing of it. I've felt worse from hangovers and the flu that I caught later around Thanksgiving... So it was really mild, but it did take awhile for the senses to come back... They will. Those shots gave you immunity, and the disease itself has become a little less serious, and lethal as it's become endemic. You'll be fine soon.

Actually, come to think, I did have one loss of my sense: I couldn't really taste my edibles (Rice Crispy Treats) and they had no effect on me. Besides for that, I've had no problems with loss of senses.

One of the medicines they gave me does give me a nasty taste in my mouth (not from Covid because my sister and her husband took it too when they had it and it did the same thing).
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:06 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Actually, come to think, I did have one loss of my sense: I couldn't really taste my edibles (Rice Crispy Treats) and they had no effect on me. Besides for that, I've had no problems with loss of senses.

One of the medicines they gave me does give me a nasty taste in my mouth (not from Covid because my sister and her husband took it too when they had it and it did the same thing).

Well, it's been about 37 hours since this post.  How are things at this point, better/worse?  
Reply/Quote